Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump numbers on the rise from strong economy and tax reform

NOTE: CNN article...

1) Seven in 10 American voters, 70%, say the US economy is excellent or good -- the best mark on this question since 2001.

2) And for the first time, voters say Trump, rather than former President Barack Obama, is primarily responsible for the state of the economy, 48% for Trump vs. 41% for Obama. This is a reversal from Obama's 49-40% advantage last month and a stark contrast to Obama's 67-19% spread last March.
    Bolstered by the strong economy and quickly shifting numbers on tax reform, President Donald Trump's approval rating hit 40% in a new Quinnipiac poll on Wednesday, his best score in this survey in seven months.
    1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
    5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
    San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more liberal people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Originally posted by hookemdano View Post
    NOTE: CNN article...

1) Seven in 10 American voters, 70%, say the US economy is excellent or good -- the best mark on this question since 2001.

2) And for the first time, voters say Trump, rather than former President Barack Obama, is primarily responsible for the state of the economy, 48% for Trump vs. 41% for Obama. This is a reversal from Obama's 49-40% advantage last month and a stark contrast to Obama's 67-19% spread last March.
    I thought polls were "fake news." Why the change?
    1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

• hookemdano
      hookemdano commented
      Editing a comment
      cuz I know you guys love em...me not so much...you have a good memory tho

oh and...it was cnn, so it had to be true, correct?

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post

I thought polls were "fake news." Why the change?
    You obviously didn’t attend Trump University.
    First lesson;
    If it’s good, it’s because of Donald
    If it’s bad, it’s because of Obama
    Second lesson;
    Its only Fake News If it goes against Donald’s preaching.
    Third lesson:
    If you get caught saying something that Americans have a problem swallowing,
    just say “it was said in jest and the Democrats just don’t have a sense of humor”

...and that my friend is how Donald makes America great again.
    Not sure when it wasn’t. But hey, I’m a Canadian. So, as some would have it here,my opinion doesn’t count.
    Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
    2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
    12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

• hookemdano
      hookemdano commented
      Editing a comment
      4th lesson: if its on cnn its always true

canadians can have opinions, tho its usually wrong....

Originally posted by oakplank View Post

You obviously didn’t attend Trump University.
    First lesson;
    If it’s good, it’s because of Donald
    If it’s bad, it’s because of Obama
    Second lesson;
    Its only Fake News If it goes against Donald’s preaching.
    Third lesson:
    If you get caught saying something that Americans have a problem swallowing,
    just say “it was said in jest and the Democrats just don’t have a sense of humor”

...and that my friend is how Donald makes America great again.
    Not sure when it wasn’t. But hey, I’m a Canadian. So, as some would have it here,my opinion doesn’t count.
    Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	410153

Comment

• hookemdano
      hookemdano commented
      Editing a comment
      true...I dont believe cnn at all, but I know you guys do

The USA debt clock is something you should look at. The tax cuts are being funded by borrowing more money. Obama was spending at 118%, that's 18% more than the government is taking in.
    Under Trump it has jumped 136%, that's 36% more than the government is taking in.
    Soon or a later the bubble is going to bust and someone is going to pay for all this spending. You can't continue to rob Peter to pay Paul. The USA debt clock allows you to look at future based on the current budget and spending.

Here's 2022 forecast with a spending at 175%

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180207-201329.png Views:	1 Size:	1.82 MB ID:	410173
    Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
    The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

Originally posted by Iproff View Post
      The USA debt clock is something you should look at. The tax cuts are being funded by borrowing more money. Obama was spending at 118%, that's 18% more than the government is taking in.
      Under Trump it has jumped 136%, that's 36% more than the government is taking in.
      Soon or a later the bubble is going to bust and someone is going to pay for all this spending. You can't continue to rob Peter to pay Paul. The USA debt clock allows you to look at future based on the current budget and spending.

Here's 2022 forecast with a spending at 175%

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20180207-201329.png Views:	1 Size:	1.82 MB ID:	410173
      But, Donald will be gone by then.
      As long as he buys the people’s love today, he doesn’t care what will happen when he’s gone.
      Remember how pi*t he became when the Democrats didn’t show him the love at the State of the Union last week?
      I’m sure he would, if he could, burn anybody who doesn’t show the love at a big bon-fire on the hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Iproff View Post
        The USA debt clock is something you should look at. The tax cuts are being funded by borrowing more money.
        Think about it... those tax cuts have not even taken place yet. They won't take effect until the end of this year. No revenue drop would be felt until well after that.

You need to get some basic economics down there professor. What is it you teach?

Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Originally posted by SomeSailor View Post

Think about it... those tax cuts have not even taken place yet. They won't take effect until the end of this year. No revenue drop would be felt until well after that.

You need to get some basic economics down there professor. What is it you teach?

I thought the government debt clock was self explaining based on the government's spending and revenue they are collecting. Perhaps you could go to the government web site that explains it. They have a kids section that would be about your level of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeSailor View Post

What is it you teach?
            It was shop class. Like how to change your wiper blades and spark plug.

Mocoondo
            2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
            Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
            MMSI: 338091755

Comment

• Iproff
              Iproff commented
              Editing a comment
              Not even close bottom feeder.

• Jeffw
              Jeffw commented
              Editing a comment
              Please enlighten us Ken.

The government has released its new debt, spending forecast. With the new budget the spending in 2022 will be at 210% of what the government is taking in that's up from the 175% that was forecast a few days ago. It's too bad no one listened to Rand Paul.

Name:	Screenshot_20180209-124410.png
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	410480

Comment

The way things are going now, the whole country will be illegal aliens, nobody paying tax's.

Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_Alen View Post
                The way things are going now, the whole country will be illegal aliens, nobody paying tax's.
                Hmm, well unless illegal immigration increases under Trump I don't see your reasoning for saying this. Illegal immigration decreased under Obama so hopefully Trump can help continue that trend.

Name:	Snap1.png
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	410524

Comment

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post

Hmm, well unless illegal immigration increases under Trump I don't see your reasoning for saying this. Illegal immigration decreased under Obama so hopefully Trump can help continue that trend.

Name:	Snap1.png
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	410524
                  This must be a big crisis for Donald.
                  How does he follow his golden rule; “disagree with anything achieved by Obama” and yet lower the illegal numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_Alen View Post
                    Chief I wish it was as simple as getting illegal aliens to pay taxes. If every cent illegals made went to the government it would not cover 1% of the current debt. The government is projecting to borrow over twice what they take in based on their numbers. This is not sustainable by anyone's thinking. The USA has a larger debt than China, Great Britain, France, Australia, Germany, Canada and Japan COMBINED.

Comment

Yep debt, maybe we should start having the countries where our armies and ships are protecting them pay their fair share, or call in some markers.

So if the illegals are not paying tax's sending their children to school, using medical care, by the way we the tax payers and paying for it wouldn't bring down the debt ?

Again illegal should be legal and pay tax's !
                      Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

• NeilW
                        NeilW commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Trouble is much of the $$$$$ we owe are to the Chinese, and since we're not exactly buddies with them, what do you suggest? What happens if THEY call in their markers? Think hard before you answer.....
                    Working...
                    X