Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So should Joe run in 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Thanks for the explanation.
    It now makes sense. Because in a primary, you are choosing the leader of a specific party, you must be affiliated with that party.
    See, even Canadians can benefit from this forum.
    Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
    2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
    12 foot aluminum fishing boat

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by oakplank View Post
      Thanks for the explanation.
      It now makes sense. Because in a primary, you are choosing the leader of a specific party, you must be affiliated with that party.
      See, even Canadians can benefit from this forum.
      And let’s take it one step further. I favor a lot of Libertarian candidates, yet frequently I cannot even vote for them because too many votes for a Libertarian underdog almost always guarantees a democrat win, so as a Libertarian we have to accept the republican even if our views do not closely align. The party system is broken in a lot of ways. I think candidates should run on their merits and not necessarily with any particular party since not only are the party lines blurred, if you don’t have party support, you’re dead. Nowadays you pick the party where you think you can pull off a win. Trump would have never garnered democrat support because he is more of a centrist/populist and the democrats have morphed into more of a far left socialist party. He would not have had a chance. As an independent, he would have never gone anywhere. The only realistic option he had was the republican ticket and even they wanted to sabotage him. They soon realized they were jacking with the wrong guy and then they got behind him...otherwise Hillary would have mauled any of the remaining republican candidates and that would have been a disaster.

      Here’s another example. A good friend of mine is a dyed in the wool Libertarian politician. He has to run on the republican ticket to get anywhere. We recently elected him as our State Representative in the House. As a republican, he had massive...millions of dollars of financial support and commercial spots on CNN every 10 minutes. Never would have happened if he ran as a Libertarian because the support structure is just not there. So, we got our man in, which is the end game, but had to jump party lines to get the job done.


      Mocoondo
      2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
      Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
      MMSI: 338091755

      Comment


        #33
        Joe will be too old.
        Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
        The village idiot strikes again.

        Comment


        • Jeffw
          Jeffw commented
          Editing a comment
          Holy shit Batman, we agree on something! Had Joe been on the top of the Dem ticket, he'd be Prez now.

        #34
        Originally posted by Mocoondo View Post

        Come on. Now you're just playing games.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	djt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	410127


        Yep....Rick Perry started as democrat too...wound up being longest serving Republican governor in Texas history....hands down the most powerful governor to hold the office.

        sometimes I do wonder what would happen if they lumped all together for a single primary....top 2 move on to general election. Vote for the one who best meets what you feel is needed.....not sure what the unintended consequences would be......i also wonder how it would be if they did away with Republican or Democrat designations on ballot and the single party vote option.

        voters need to start pulling their head out and know who is running and what their about....there are so many offices it's tough...
        Current: 2008 H210SS Four Winns
        Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner

        Comment


          #35
          Originally posted by TX H210 SS View Post

          voters need to start pulling their head out and know who is running and what their about....there are so many offices it's tough...
          That is key right there. People do not bother to educate themselves on the issues, the positions of individual candidates and the ramifications of those positions, and ESPECIALLY at the local level because that is where it matters most in our daily lives.
          Mocoondo
          2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
          Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
          MMSI: 338091755

          Comment


            #36
            Originally posted by Mocoondo View Post

            That is key right there. People do not bother to educate themselves on the issues, the positions of individual candidates and the ramifications of those positions, and ESPECIALLY at the local level because that is where it matters most in our daily lives.
            AGREED!!!
            1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

            Comment


              #37
              Originally posted by Mocoondo View Post

              That is key right there. People do not bother to educate themselves on the issues, the positions of individual candidates and the ramifications of those positions, and ESPECIALLY at the local level because that is where it matters most in our daily lives.
              Not only that. People should look at the cost of promises made by politicians. Would you vote for a guy that promised a new car for everyone in his/her district? Believe me, some would. People seemed easily hooked by all kinds of promises without asking “what will that cost me or the country “. Just look at the doomsday clock. But, hey, it’s putting a few dollars in their pocket today, so why worry about tomorrow?
              The premise is that the government can only spend money it receives. However, they always spend more and just add to the debt.
              Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
              2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
              12 foot aluminum fishing boat

              Comment


                #38
                Originally posted by oakplank View Post

                Not only that. People should look at the cost of promises made by politicians. Would you vote for a guy that promised a new car for everyone in his/her district? Believe me, some would. People seemed easily hooked by all kinds of promises without asking “what will that cost me or the country “. Just look at the doomsday clock. But, hey, it’s putting a few dollars in their pocket today, so why worry about tomorrow?
                The premise is that the government can only spend money it receives. However, they always spend more and just add to the debt.
                That was Bernie’s platform. Free college.
                Hillary tried to gain his supporters by hinting at free college for first responders after Bernie fell out of the race.
                Esteban
                B-ham!
                Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

                Comment


                  #39
                  Originally posted by green650 View Post

                  That was Bernie’s platform. Free college.
                  Hillary tried to gain his supporters by hinting at free college for first responders after Bernie fell out of the race.
                  The way to have new spending, without increasing the debt, is by removing unnecessary expenditures.
                  Like Ran Paul said, “do we need to spend money on researching what Love is”? Maybe not. Do we need to spend money on free education? Maybe yes.
                  If you can’t pay the amount on your credit card statement, should you keep adding more and more onto your credit card?
                  The answer to that my friend is how you believe the government should spend your tax money.
                  Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
                  2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
                  12 foot aluminum fishing boat

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X