Current: 2008 H210SS Four Winns
    Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner

Comment

joe...please run
      1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
      5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
      San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

Hide the children
        2003 Bayliner 245
        2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Joe, run away!
          2003 Bayliner 1952 cuddy

Comment

I would love to have a respectable, honorable president again! Joe would be fantastic!
            1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

He will not run in '20 as no political party in their right mind would divide the votes like that as it almost guarantees an opposition party victory. He will run out Trumps two terms and then maybe make a go for it, but I think you are going to see your first female president in 2024.
              Mocoondo
              2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
              Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
              MMSI: 338091755

Comment

Originally posted by Mocoondo View Post
                He will not run in '20 as no political party in their right mind would divide the votes like that as it almost guarantees an opposition party victory. He will run out Trumps two terms and then maybe make a go for it, but I think you are going to see your first female president in 2024.
                Not saying he would be the best dem vote-getter, but he would be an excellent president. So... Oprah in 2024? Kidding, kidding! Yeah, she's a democrat but let's leave the celebrities out of politics...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post

Not saying he would be the best dem vote-getter, but he would be an excellent president. So... Oprah in 2024? Kidding, kidding! Yeah, she's a democrat but let's leave the celebrities out of politics...
                  It won't be Oprah, but I'll bet you anything that Ivanka will be a candidate.
                  Mocoondo
                  2002 Bayliner 195 Capri

Comment

• Iproff
                    Iproff commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The problem for her is her husband is going to be indicted before the fall watch and see.

It won't be Oprah, but I'll bet you anything that Ivanka will be a candidate.
                  Maybe as a candidate, but if up against a dem like Sheryl Sandberg it would be no contest! Don't know how long Ivanka could ride the celebrity wave, but against a formidable opponent like Sandberg she wouldn't stand a chance...

Comment

Maybe as a candidate, but if up against a dem like Sheryl Sandberg it would be no contest! Don't know how long Ivanka could ride the celebrity wave, but against a formidable opponent like Sandberg she wouldn't stand a chance...
                    I doubt the dems could bring it home with a liberal feminist. I also doubt they will try after the Hillary fiasco. When you get right down to it, Trump dominated her every step of the way and the optics there were awful. He had her physically passing out, blanking out and convulsing. I've never seen anything like it. They will have to come to the table with more of a centrist figure if they want any traction going forward. You have to remember, Trump is changing the face of politics and the rules that the game is played by.

What I could see, though, is Ivanka running on a democrat ticket. She considers herself a millennial...which is a big box to check, she is a centrist, she is meticulously well spoken and she will have the experience. I think she could drive it home. All the boxes are checked and she is definitely one to watch. And don't think for a second that daddy isn't grooming her for big things. I'd vote for her in a heartbeat.
                    Mocoondo
                    2002 Bayliner 195 Capri

Comment

I doubt the dems could bring it home with a liberal feminist. I also doubt they will try after the Hillary fiasco. When you get right down to it, Trump dominated her every step of the way and the optics there were awful. He had her physically passing out, blanking out and convulsing. I've never seen anything like it. They will have to come to the table with more of a centrist figure if they want any traction going forward. You have to remember, Trump is changing the face of politics and the rules that the game is played by.

What I could see, though, is Ivanka running on a democrat ticket. She considers herself a millennial...which is a big box to check, she is a centrist, she is meticulously well spoken and she will have the experience. I think she could drive it home. All the boxes are checked and she is definitely one to watch. And don't think for a second that daddy isn't grooming her for big things. I'd vote for her in a heartbeat.
                      For one simple reason, Ivanka would be a non-starter for a run as a democrat... that is, the environment. She would have to turn her back on virtually everything Trump has (and will) said and done with regard to the environment (environmental protection/EPA, climate change, trusting science again). Neither democrats nor millennials would put another Trump in office for this reason alone.

As far as Trump dominating Hillary every step of the way, this is simply not true. As much as you believe the country despised her, she still dominated Trump in the popular vote by over 2 million. Imagine if we (the dems) had put up a candidate with less baggage, more charisma, but the same platform.

Comment

For one simple reason, Ivanka would be a non-starter for a run as a democrat... that is, the environment. She would have to turn her back on virtually everything Trump has (and will) said and done with regard to the environment (environmental protection/EPA, climate change, trusting science again). Neither democrats nor millennials would put another Trump in office for this reason alone.
                        Be careful. Donald Trump is a democrat. Always has been. Also be very careful with absolutes. Absolutes always get the dems in trouble. Just a few minutes ago they had to cave on DACA to get a budget proposal...and they have forever said no DACA no deal. Doesn't look good when you have to go back on your word over and over again.

As far as Trump dominating Hillary every step of the way, this is simply not true. As much as you believe the country despised her, she still dominated Trump in the popular vote by over 2 million. Imagine if we (the dems) had put up a candidate with less baggage, more charisma, but the same platform.
                        Except that isn't how our system works. You cannot say that she dominated him in a way that is irrelevant to how our electoral system operates because that just doesn't matter. Trump campaigned for electoral votes which demonstrated leadership and brilliance and he collected way more than what was needed. That is where the rubber hits the road. Individual votes mean nothing. I voted for Trump but my states electoral votes went to Hillary. So be it.

Mocoondo
                        2002 Bayliner 195 Capri

Comment

Well if the Democrats focus on the EPA and climate change, bathrooms, and fringe groups again, they will lose again. Those that don’t live in the big cities and are not making 6 figure incomes have other issues more important to them.

Esteban
                          B-ham!
                          Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Be careful. Donald Trump is a democrat. Always has been.
                            Wait, what!? This makes no sense whatsoever. It's easy just to say Trump is a democrat but it's clearly not true in any stretch of the imagination. Let's break this down:

Taxes:
                            Republicans believe in lower taxes, especially lower taxes for the rich and businesses because they think this will trickle down to create a stronger economy. Democrats believe that the burden of taxation should be shouldered by the corporate and 1% to improve the collective quality of life. For taxes, Trump is a REPUBLICAN.

Gun Laws:
                            Republicans opposed gun control laws. Democrats favor gun control laws but believe in protecting the 2nd Amendment. Trump vowed to undo any actions by President Barack Obama on gun control. For Gun Laws, Trump is a REPUBLICAN.

Abortion:
                            Republicans believe government should restrict abortion. Democrats believe in a woman's right to choose. Trump supports abortion restrictions (e.g., support of 20 Week Abortion Ban, etc.). For Abortion, Trump is a REPUBLICAN.

Same-sex marriage:
                            Republicans believe marriage should be restricted to between a man and a woman. Democrats oppose same sex discrimination at the Federal level. Trump flip-flops on his position so we'll see what happens.

Limits of government:
                            Republicans believe in smaller government/less government interference on business, healthcare, etc. Democrats believe in government's strong role in helping and supporting Americans. Trump's policies reflect his desire for smaller government and regulations. For Limits of government, Trump is a REPUBLICAN.

Immigration:
                            Republicans believe in strong border controls rigid immigration policies. Democrats favor open immigration with sufficient controls as necessary. For immigration, Trump is a REPUBLICAN.

Health Care:
                            Republicans believe in private healthcare and less government regulation. Democrats believe in public universal healthcare. Trump fought hard to repeal and replace universal healthcare, so this Trump is a REPUBLICAN.

Comment

Working...
                            X