What if everyone on the right left or everyone on the left left,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if everyone on the right left or everyone on the left left,

If everyone on the left left or everyone on the right left think what this forum would look like.
    Posting to get a pat on the back from like minded people. No one to post an opposing point of view. Nothing but Fox or CNN. It would die a slow death
    Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
    The village idiot strikes again.

I don't mind opposing views. I just wish that people could openly show respect for people as they would in person. If you actually believe you'd say any of the things you say on here, to someone's face, you're either much bigger than I would imagine... or just rude and hiding behind a keyboard.

I don't see the insults as simply an opposing view.
    Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Agreed. Reasonable discussion with some on here is not possible. They seem to only want to ridicule and brow beat anyone who doesn’t agree with their agenda. I’ve got better ways to spend my time than engage in a bunch of schoolyard name calling with some members on here.
      1990 2755 - sold
      2005 275 current vessel

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_Kenyon View Post
        Agreed. Reasonable discussion with some on here is not possible. They seem to only want to ridicule and brow beat anyone who doesn’t agree with their agenda. I’ve got better ways to spend my time than engage in a bunch of schoolyard name calling with some members on here.
        They used to have am ignore feature that hides from you the posts from people you don't want to see.

But I agree, some here seem to be not interested in a honest conversation. They seem to be just pushing a political agenda. And I doubt they actually personally agree with all the propaganda they spew.
        2003 Bayliner 245
        2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Right or left doesn't matter. What matters is people coming on here resorting to name-calling, personal attacks, and trolling to get a rise. And then getting upset when people call them on their bullshit. It's obvious when someone comes here and is not looking for discussion.
          Esteban
          Detroit, MI
          Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

I like to discuss politics. Admittedly I like a good debate.

I like hearing peoples point of view that I do not necessarily agree with, as long as they are well thought out and presented in a way that does not imply that I am stupid for having a contrasting view.

What I do not like are personal attacks. The funny thing is it’s not the personal attacks against each other that bother me the most...

It’s the personal attacks against current leaders, past leaders, and presidential candidates that bothers me the most.

Lets take President Obama. I did not vote for him. I did not agree with his big picture view of the direction for our country but I respect that he is a good person, and did what he and about half of our citizens thought was best.

Hillary Clinton if she would have been elected had allot more real life government running experience that Obama did when he became president. No I did not vote for her. I simply do not agree with her direction for the country. I think that she is a person that really loves our country and wants to see it move in the direction she thinks is best for it.

Donald Trump. Here is a guy that Is super rich and leads a very opulent life. Successful businessman in any measure of the word. He had no reason to run for the presidency and spend what a hundred million dollars of his own money other than he thought that both the republicans and the democrats were leading our country in the wrong direction. His love for this country is like every one of his predecessors... undeniable.

Yet I see every day personal attacks, to be honest mostly against president Trump, and to a lesser extent against Obama and Hillary.

I for one do not like personal attacks against anybody. Not one bit.

If you want to slam Obamacare, read the bill, and don’t slam it just because Obama got it passed. Be specific and say what you do not like about the law.

If you want to slam our president, slam his policies. What at a policy level has he done, or proposed, that you do not like and why.

Oh, and if you post that approximantly half ther country are stupid because they do not agree with you, put away your dam arrogance for a minute and realize that there are some really intelligent prople on both sides of ther isle.

KEVIN SANDERS
            4788 LISAS WAY
            SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

• donyt
              donyt commented
              Editing a comment
              While I would generally agree with your post the difference between Obama, and Trump is in character traits like personality, truthfulness and motives. Those traits in particular the truthfulness and his character in general make it impossible to respect the man. The position he temporarily hold should still be respected, but the man, sorry. He has done too much, lied too much, conned too much to ever make him a respected and believable President. His character flaws, the very thing some who voted for him find attractive are those that repulse most, not only in America, but around the world. While some can say who cares what those who did not vote for him or those around the world think of him the reality is that he at least in my mind has diminished the office and America with his antics. So at the end of the day while it may not be "nice" to attack Trump it is a result of his own behaviours. It is he who needs to change not those who point out his flaws and obvious character flaws.

Originally posted by ksanders View Post
            I like to discuss politics. Admittedly I like a good debate.

I like hearing peoples point of view that I do not necessarily agree with, as long as they are well thought out and presented in a way that does not imply that I am stupid for having a contrasting view.

What I do not like are personal attacks. The funny thing is it’s not the personal attacks against each other that bother me the most...

It’s the personal attacks against current leaders, past leaders, and presidential candidates that bothers me the most.

Lets take President Obama. I did not vote for him. I did not agree with his big picture view of the direction for our country but I respect that he is a good person, and did what he and about half of our citizens thought was best.

Hillary Clinton if she would have been elected had allot more real life government running experience that Obama did when he became president. No I did not vote for her. I simply do not agree with her direction for the country. I think that she is a person that really loves our country and wants to see it move in the direction she thinks is best for it.

Donald Trump. Here is a guy that Is super rich and leads a very opulent life. Successful businessman in any measure of the word. He had no reason to run for the presidency and spend what a hundred million dollars of his own money other than he thought that both the republicans and the democrats were leading our country in the wrong direction. His love for this country is like every one of his predecessors... undeniable.

Yet I see every day personal attacks, to be honest mostly against president Trump, and to a lesser extent against Obama and Hillary.

I for one do not like personal attacks against anybody. Not one bit.

If you want to slam Obamacare, read the bill, and don’t slam it just because Obama got it passed. Be specific and say what you do not like about the law.

If you want to slam our president, slam his policies. What at a policy level has he done, or proposed, that you do not like and why.

Oh, and if you post that approximantly half ther country are stupid because they do not agree with you, put away your dam arrogance for a minute and realize that there are some really intelligent prople on both sides of ther isle.
            Kevin, haven't you seen Trump's PERSONAL attacks on Hillary, Obama, Rubio, Rosie, etc? Why don't you hold HIM accountable? I respect your opposing views, but how about you take a look at this and think critically about your support of him:

The 425 People, Places and Things Donald
            Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...r-insults.html
            1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post

Kevin, haven't you seen Trump's PERSONAL attacks on Hillary, Obama, Rubio, Rosie, etc? Why don't you hold HIM accountable? I respect your opposing views, but how about you take a look at this and think critically about your support of him:

The 425 People, Places and Things Donald
              Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...r-insults.html
              All polititions personally attack each other, especially during an election. I have been around for allot of elections now, and if you listen to what is said in the primaries about folks in the same party, or listen to the campaign retoric during an election you will think they are ll crooks, or traitors, or...

example: Remember the photo of Obama in what appears to be muslim clothing? I think that originated from the Hillary camp during the first primary.

So what POLICIES has the president implemented, or called for AS THE PRESIDENT that you do not like.

Yes I intentionally put these in big letters because in response to my honest feelings that I do not like personal attacks we make on our leaders, what you really did was dig up campaign retoric and use that as a justification for more attacks.

POLICIES are what defines a presidency. History will not remember the primaries or the election. History will remember the policies.

KEVIN SANDERS
              4788 LISAS WAY
              SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

I'm not sure I've ever voted for a winning president...maybe first Clinton election...maybe not. Anyway, I don't think any of them are or were personally appealing people. Too much ego. But looking back on it, as far as policies go, I hated at least one thing all of them did. Recently, sort of, Reagan limiting Social Security survivor benefits for vets, Bush I not finishing Iraq war. Clinton for not having the balls to say that his personal life is none of our business and lying instead, Bush II for the quagmire of Iraq and Afghanistan, Obama for not peacemaking in the Black Lives Matter issue and not calling out Pelosi for the offensive statement about Obamacare's content, and now the tweeting of Trump. Basically, you have to look at peoples' motivation for getting into politics. They vary, but rarely are they good. I actually think Obama's reasons were the best and most honorable, but he was completely manipulated, as smart as he is, by his party. He ended up being an egotistical jerk. Trump has for some time been an egotistical jerk. Time will tell, but Trump is formidable because he knows there is a huge base of hard working people that is tired of being called racist, privileged, misogynist, and homophobic (or whatever you are called if you don't understand the LBGTQ thing). Interesting times, but not really a lot different.
                Bayliner 195 Bowrider 2013 4.3l 220hp MPI
                Alpha 1, Gen II
                2012 Toyota Highlander V6 4wd with tow package
                Albany, Ohio

MMSI: 338234042

Beware the men of measured merriment
                (Sinclair Lewis, Arrowsmith, paraphrased)

Comment

Bad thing is it seems far left requires far right to get to the middle....if all were closer to the middle real accomplishments would occur daily.
                  Current: 2008 H210SS Four Winns
                  Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner

Comment

Originally posted by TX H210 SS View Post
                    Bad thing is it seems far left requires far right to get to the middle....if all were closer to the middle real accomplishments would occur daily.
                    Had a high school teacher who thought we needed a third chamber of congress whose only task was to repeal the stupid measures of the others. Not a bad idea. I'm not sure I want the government to "accomplish" a lot, given how they interpret accomplish.
                    Alpha 1, Gen II
                    Albany, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Nickdixon View Post

Had a high school teacher who thought we needed a third chamber of congress whose only task was to repeal the stupid measures of the others. Not a bad idea. I'm not sure I want the government to "accomplish" a lot, given how they interpret accomplish.
                      The veto???
                      Current: 2008 H210SS Four Winns
                      Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner

Comment

Originally posted by TX H210 SS View Post

The veto???
                        not sure he had it all thought out!

Alpha 1, Gen II
                        Albany, Ohio

Comment

• TX H210 SS
                          TX H210 SS commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Must have been the same teacher who gave him all that spellin learnin....says alot he liked that idea. A lost soul born too late or he could've pitched that idea to the continental congress.

Originally posted by Douggy View Post

They used to have am ignore feature that hides from you the posts from people you don't want to see.

But I agree, some here seem to be not interested in a honest conversation. They seem to be just pushing a political agenda. And I doubt they actually personally agree with all the propaganda they spew.

I dont know if it actually works or not...BUT...goto user setting....then account...at the very bottom

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	409943
                        1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
                        5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
                        San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more liberal people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

Don't get the comment about spelling on my last post...
                          Alpha 1, Gen II
                          Albany, Ohio

Comment

Working...
                          X