Dow taking a massive hit today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baylineguy View Post

Obama had the wind at his back in his first year in office as Bernanke and the Federal Reserve were literally flooding the market with liquidity to get the economy going again after the housing crisis. Conversely, during Trump's first year in office, the Fed has been tightening and raising rates. The Fed is independent of the president and legislature..

Another advantage that Obama had was that the stock had plunged before he took office and it was due for a rebound assuming that we did not plunge into a depression. When Obama took office, the Dow Jones had plunged nearly 40% in the previous 8 months. Conversely, during Trump's first year in office, the market increased to record levels many times from already high levels.

Interesting if you change the dates to the first year from the date of the election; you know, as in the promise of the future. Doing it that way, during Obama's first year, the market was only up 5%. During Trump's first year, the market was up 31%
    Wow, that is absolutely mind boggling!! Obama had the wind at his back!?!?! He inherited a devastating economy and pulled us back from the brink of a Great Depression. I guess your point is Obama gets NO credit for stock market gains during his presidency but Trump does. Hypocrisy at its finest.
    1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

• hookemdano
      hookemdano commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe he gave obama 5% credit for the first year...thats not "NO" credit

Almost every President sets record gains in the stock market. Almost all President' s are smart enough not to take credit directly they will talk about the economy and job creation and let everyone put it together. Trump needs to blow his own horn it's his ego.

http://www.macrotrends.net/2481/stoc...e-by-president

Attached Files
    Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
    The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

hey...look at 12 months

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	410088
      1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
      5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
      San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more liberal people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

Seriously?! The market goes up and down daily. One day does not make or break anything. Curious, since Trump took office how much has your portfolio gone up in value? Complaining about that at all? Going to give all those "gains" back? Anyway it is fake money anyway. Until you cash out it really is unrealized gains.
        Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
        1998 3055 Ciera
        (yes, a 1998)
        Previous boat: 1993 3055
        Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
        Sea Doo XP
        Sea Doo GTI SE
        Life is short. Boats are cool.
        The family that plays together stays together.
        Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffw View Post

You seriously need help with your obsession with me. You are one sick dude, I almost pity you. You'll ban yourself, really? I call bullshit, again...
          Jeff, I am hardly "obsessed" with you. I am simply pointing out that you are a crude, foul mouthed and angry individual that more than likely has identity issues.

Comment

Originally posted by iceclimber View Post

Jeff, I am hardly "obsessed" with you. I am simply pointing out that you are a crude, foul mouthed and angry individual that more than likely has identity issues.
            You're obsessed, no question. You say you're going to ban yourself, yet here you are. You 're nothing but a liar and bullshitter, there's your identity. About the ONLY thing in the world that angers me is liars. If speaking my mind in everyday language makes me crude, so be it. At least I speak truth. Now do the BOC world a favor and ban yourself some more.
            Jeff & Tara
            (And Ginger too)
            Lake Havasu City, AZ
            sigpic
            2000 Bayliner 2858
            "GETAWAY"
            MMSI: 338094599
            In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

You're obsessed, no question. You say you're going to ban yourself, yet here you are. You 're nothing but a liar and bullshitter, there's your identity. About the ONLY thing in the world that angers me is liars. If speaking my mind in everyday language makes me crude, so be it. At least I speak truth. Now do the BOC world a favor and ban yourself some more.
              https://www.havasuaa.com/

Name:	aa.png
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	410630

INTERGROUP
              The Lake Havasu City District-Intergroup meets at the Lake Havasu City Library

Comment

Jeff, get to a meeting man.

Comment

Jeff it's your issues that got you thrown out of the marina get some help.
                  Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
                  The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

• Jeffw
                    Jeffw commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Again, you're full of shit. Double up on the ex-lax old man, but change your diaper first.

The only issues I have are you three assholes.
                  Jeff & Tara
                  (And Ginger too)
                  Lake Havasu City, AZ
                  sigpic
                  2000 Bayliner 2858
                  "GETAWAY"

Comment

So those meetings a little too embarrassing to attend ? Well we are here for you big guy, perhaps this would be more to your liking. We just want what's best for you

Name:	functioningDrunks.jpg
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	410730

Comment

Seems like you know all about it donitwit.
                      Jeff & Tara
                      (And Ginger too)
                      Lake Havasu City, AZ
                      sigpic
                      2000 Bayliner 2858
                      "GETAWAY"

Comment

Jeff, eventually you are going to have to apologize as one of your steps. Best stop the infantile name calling, it will save you time later.

Comment

Seems like you know all about it donitwit.
                          I got nothing but time and material buddy, keep it up, I am just warming up

Comment

• Jeffw
                            Jeffw commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Like I said, you 3 assholes can go screw yourselves, or each other, nobody cares.

Originally posted by iceclimber View Post

Jeff, eventually you are going to have to apologize as one of your steps. Best stop the infantile name calling, it will save you time later.
                          You're right, I'm sorry. Sorry your mama didn't abort you.

Jeff & Tara
                          (And Ginger too)
                          Lake Havasu City, AZ
                          sigpic
                          2000 Bayliner 2858
                          "GETAWAY"

Comment

Working...
                          X