• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donyt View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	27544827_765433133652937_1528094522898961262_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	409785
    Silence from Trump supporters on this one...
    1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

Wooho, the Dow is up 0.13% so far today! Just waiting for Trump to start taking credit again for the Dow once it goes up again...

Comment

keep the hourly updates coming...for the next 7 years
        1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
        5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
        San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post
          Wooho, the Dow is up 0.13% so far today! Just waiting for Trump to start taking credit again for the Dow once it goes up again...
          What's the obsession?

It's like you think Obama or any President never took credit for the stock market before. It's called being a politician.
          2003 Bayliner 245
          2007 Sedona F21

Comment

You guys are right, sorry about that. I'll just remain silent as you wish and not worry about Trump's hypocrisy. Besides, this dip in the market is Obama's fault anyway (see below). Now, this is from Fox News/Hannity so it's a fact...

“Because the Obama economy was so weak all of these years, we had just artificially cheap money,” Hannity said, referring to a Fox News analysis he had seen on the cable network.

He explained that “cheap money” is from borrowing at “ridiculously low rates,” which he added must now end. Then, he declared that the plunge ― which saw stocks erase all their 2018 gains ― is actually good.

“In many ways, it’s a sign of the strength of the economy more than anything else,” he said in comments posted online by Media Matters.

Comment

The market didn't "ERASE" anything. It's simply investors that have taken their profits out of play. It's an adjustment. The market does this all the time.

Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Originally posted by SomeSailor View Post
                The market didn't "ERASE" anything. It's simply investors that have taken their profits out of play. It's an adjustment. The market does this all the time.
                We both disagree with Hannity Well, that's a start...

Comment

DOW UP almost 600 points. Must be channeling Obamas legacy.
                  Mocoondo
                  2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
                  Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
                  MMSI: 338091755

Comment

Originally posted by Mocoondo View Post
                    DOW UP almost 600 points. Must be channeling Obamas legacy.
                    Naw, haven't we learned now that Trump is to thank for stock market gains?

Attached Files

Comment

ho hum

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	409888
                      1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
                      5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
                      San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

Originally posted by hookemdano View Post
                        ho hum

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	35.1 KB ID:	409888
                        Wow... look, Bitcoin is up 12% today too. Thanks Trump!!!!

Name:	
Views:	2
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	409898

Attached Files

Comment

• hookemdano
                          hookemdano commented
                          Editing a comment
                          damn...I knew I shoulda bought some yesterday

Hey.....Trump was able to make market rebound greatly today despite Obama and Hillary making it dip.......hoooorah
                        Current: 2008 H210SS Four Winns
                        Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner

Comment

Nice recovery in the stock market today. The rally had become overextended and a correction was needed and we sure got that. The market is still up nearly 40% from when Trump won the election.

Not too shabby, for a 15 month period. Hope my liberal friends held their noses and bought stocks after Trump won the election or they are the big losers again..
                          1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

Comment

• TX H210 SS
                            TX H210 SS commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh they're in the masker...just hide their excitement

Originally posted by baylineguy View Post
                          Nice recovery in the stock market today. The rally had become overextended and a correction was needed and we sure got that. The market is still up nearly 40% from when Trump won the election.

Not too shabby, for a 15 month period. Hope my liberal friends held their noses and bought stocks after Trump won the election or they are the big losers again..
                          Market's still not performing as well as during Obama's term in the same period. Since Trump insists on taking credit for the stock market, we might as well give Obama credit as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post

Market's still not performing as well as during Obama's term in the same period. Since Trump insists on taking credit for the stock market, we might as well give Obama credit as well.

Obama had the wind at his back in his first year in office as Bernanke and the Federal Reserve were literally flooding the market with liquidity to get the economy going again after the housing crisis. Conversely, during Trump's first year in office, the Fed has been tightening and raising rates. The Fed is independent of the president and legislature..

Another advantage that Obama had was that the stock had plunged before he took office and it was due for a rebound assuming that we did not plunge into a depression. When Obama took office, the Dow Jones had plunged nearly 40% in the previous 8 months. Conversely, during Trump's first year in office, the market increased to record levels many times from already high levels.

Interesting if you change the dates to the first year from the date of the election; you know, as in the promise of the future. Doing it that way, during Obama's first year, the market was only up 5%. During Trump's first year, the market was up 31%
                            1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

Comment

Working...
                            X