No announcement yet.

Dow taking a massive hit today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Childish. Why goad a person like that? Other than to provoke an argument. I'd bet you don't play those games face to face.
    Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Originally posted by SomeSailor View Post
      Childish. Why goad a person like that? Other than to provoke an argument. I'd bet you don't play those games face to face.
      I'm confused now. With you or Jeff ? See Jeff just used to ban people that he didn't agree with. Now Jeff can't do that.
      Let's go back and look at the thread shall we ? In fact, go look at just about any thread that Jeff posts on. Think the guy has anger issues ?

I know, the right wing circle here at BOC just hates opposing viewpoints. Maybe you can write a memo about it.

Comment

Not opposing viewpoints... just childish provocations. What difference would the size of a person's boat make in a conversation about politics?

What would Jeff's time as a moderator have to do with his opinion? You're provoking him to get a response. That's childish and trolling. You're known for that.

iBoatNW

Comment

I think you need to read a few posts there commodore. If you can't take it, I am sure there is a forum for you kind of boat, and Jeff's kind of boat. I mean, we don't want Canadians here, right ?

Comment

Jeff doesn't need anyone to defend him, he can handle his own self.

Let's for a second calm down and try to explain the moderator thingie ...

As a moderator one needs to put ones own opinion on hold and examine the posts, to have a fair discussion and abide by the " rules ".

What " rules " one might ask ?

The rules posted when we all signed up to be a member of this forum !

We are fortunate to have Kevin in the capt. chair, relaxed rules, only in this aspect of the website.

Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Originally posted by iceclimber View Post

Lol, here we go. See Jeff, this is why you are not a moderator here any more. You don't have the temperament. Anything else you want to compare ?

Now temperament? You dragged boat size into the conversation, are you compensating for some shrinkage? It was my choice to not moderate any longer, admin change is a good time for that. I was a moderator for about 5 years, and other than spammers, I think I only temp-banned maybe five people. Usually for being repeatedly stupid and too stubborn to heed warnings. You make statements, I respond, you make more stupid statements. Yep, sounds like a troll to me.
              Jeff & Tara
              (And Ginger too)
              Lake Havasu City, AZ
              sigpic
              2000 Bayliner 2858
              "GETAWAY"
              MMSI: 338094599
              In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

I'm confused now. With you or Jeff ? See Jeff just used to ban people that he didn't agree with. Now Jeff can't do that.
                Let's go back and look at the thread shall we ? In fact, go look at just about any thread that Jeff posts on. Think the guy has anger issues ?

I know, the right wing circle here at BOC just hates opposing viewpoints. Maybe you can write a memo about it.
                Now anger issues... sigh. You're the one that keeps trolling, getting smacked down and coming back for more. It must be therapy for you.
                Jeff & Tara
                (And Ginger too)
                Lake Havasu City, AZ
                sigpic
                2000 Bayliner 2858
                "GETAWAY"
                MMSI: 338094599
                In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffw View Post
                  You make statements, I respond, you make more stupid statements. Yep, sounds like a troll to me.
                  He's the very definition. Things calm down a bit, a few actually discussions start and then the troll starts stirring things up. It just wants to provoke. Don't fall for it.

There's a very cool plugin for VBulletin that Kevin should think about installing. It's called Global Ignore. You can check a box and that person disappears... poof... you no longer see anything they post.

iBoatNW

Comment

And me with just a 195...I'm screwed and clearly a pauper. Dumb, too, I gather. Maybe Jeff and I can raft up and get richer and smarter.
                    Bayliner 195 Bowrider 2013 4.3l 220hp MPI
                    Alpha 1, Gen II
                    2012 Toyota Highlander V6 4wd with tow package
                    Albany, Ohio

MMSI: 338234042

Beware the men of measured merriment
                    (Sinclair Lewis, Arrowsmith, paraphrased)

Comment

• Jeffw
                      Jeffw commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We talked about that, and damned if I didn't forget to call you from Cleveland. Got a bit distracted though, Tara had a minor mishap, and we got to experience their EMS, first class in my experience.

Originally posted by Jeffw View Post

Now temperament? You dragged boat size into the conversation, are you compensating for some shrinkage? It was my choice to not moderate any longer, admin change is a good time for that. I was a moderator for about 5 years, and other than spammers, I think I only temp-banned maybe five people. Usually for being repeatedly stupid and too stubborn to heed warnings. You make statements, I respond, you make more stupid statements. Yep, sounds like a troll to me.
                    Oh Jeffy. No need to be bitter. I know you imagine yourself "smacking" things down. I'm sorry your only outlet for all that anger is this boating forum. gosh I hope that is the case. SomeSailor, yes things were very calm. You and the other 4 right wing guys were like those old farts on the muppets muttering the same crap back and forth. yay trump. yay tax cuts yay stock market.....wait what was that ? Then it's bbbbut you insulted me first ! Lol.

Some of my favorite JeffW classics

You just keep flapping your gums, showing how much you don't know about the financial world....
                    BWAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, sure, I'll take financial advice from you. And your credentials are...
                    Angry? Not at all. Bored with your bullshit, for sure. And I keep telling you, I've never been there, pay attention. But you sound like a regular...
                    Donitwit, you're just another nameless faceless keyboard commando, just another wart on the ass of society. I'd say you were a piece of shit, but you..
                    Donitwit, your entire response is just pure bullshit. I thought of responding, but you're not worth my time,
                    Once again Ken, you're a damn liar. If by calling out your bullshit and lies, I started it, so be it, but I didn't take to personally attacking you,...
                    In a perfect world, that would be wonderful. But when you call out someone on their bullshit and they slander you, fuck it, game on. Or you trash my...
                    The thing is though, you're a damn liar. You're full of shit, people call you on it, then you attack them and make up more bullshit. You are a worthless...
                    I bet that's a cartoon of you donitwit, but probably with some dude's junk in your mouth.
                    Is that all you got? The drunk thing is getting old, but what else should one expect from a tired old Canadian whore..
                    Geez LieProff, you're the only one who posts anything negative about OUR President in your stupid little trollish thread. You should take Linda out for...

JeffW, you REALLY got issues man. Everyone else is a "keyboard commando" yet you are clearly the worst offender I have seen on just about ANY forum, let alone a boating forum.

You win, I am unworthy of such a class act like you. I will ban myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_Alen View Post
                      Jeff doesn't need anyone to defend him, he can handle his own self.

Let's for a second calm down and try to explain the moderator thingie ...

As a moderator one needs to put ones own opinion on hold and examine the posts, to have a fair discussion and abide by the " rules ".

What " rules " one might ask ?

The rules posted when we all signed up to be a member of this forum !

We are fortunate to have Kevin in the capt. chair, relaxed rules, only in this aspect of the website.

Yet, here you are defending him. Huh. I'm like super confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Iproff View Post

Rick Trump has made it a big point to tell the world how good the DOW is doing because of him. The DOW took about a year to go up 1000 points losing 666 points in one day is a big deal. The failsafe system did not kick in to close the trading down as it is based on a percentage not a point system. They might want to think about changing that. The weekend gave the market players a cooling off period.
                        The DOW has gone from about 20,000 last Feb to 26,500 this Feb. That’s an increase of 6,500 points, not 1000.
                        Esteban
                        Detroit, MI
                        Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

• Jeffw
                          Jeffw commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oh hell, don't let facts get in the way of a good story...

Originally posted by oakplank View Post

My bad. I got all excited when I saw it was the biggest drop in two years.
                        Contrary to Donald, I apologize when I’m wrong.
                        Why do you get excited when the US stock market drops?
                        Seems the Canadian dollar tracks alongside and saw its biggest drop since Jan 2017.

https://www.reuters.com/article/cana...-idUSL2N1PS1UV
                        Esteban
                        Detroit, MI
                        Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

You win, I am unworthy of such a class act like you. I will ban myself.
                          Promise?

iBoatNW

Comment

Originally posted by green650 View Post

Why do you get excited when the US stock market drops?
                            Because I love to see Trump’s bragging take a hit.

Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
                            2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
                            12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

Working...
                            X