No announcement yet.

Dow taking a massive hit today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I predict Donald will tweet around lunchtime and the market will soar.
    Mocoondo
    2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
    Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
    MMSI: 338091755

Comment

Originally posted by iceclimber View Post
      The market is seriously overpriced. It's dangerous.

The reaction was due to a very specific piece of data tied to inflation. But Jeff knows that. I mean, as a MAN.
      You just keep flapping your gums, showing how much you don't know about the financial world.
      Jeff & Tara
      (And Ginger too)
      Lake Havasu City, AZ
      sigpic
      2000 Bayliner 2858
      "GETAWAY"
      MMSI: 338094599
      In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffw View Post

You just keep flapping your gums, showing how much you don't know about the financial world.

Really ? Based on your boat, obviously you are killing it.

"Major stock indexes dropped sharply Friday, with the Dow Jones industrial average tumbling 666 points amid signs that wage growth is finally picking up.

The 2.6 percent drop in the Dow came as the Labor Department reported that 200,000 jobs were added to the economy last month, which was stronger than expected, and the unemployment rate stayed at 4.1 percent — the lowest since 2000.

But worries about inflation grew when the report showed that average hourly wages grew 2.9 percent from a year ago — the largest increase since June 2009. Yields for 10-year Treasurys hit four-year highs Friday."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ore-550-points

I know what you are thinking, "it's on NPR, it must be BS". Keep looking and you will find the exact same story everywhere. So, perplexing no ? You and your fellow Trump fan boys have been touting his tax refund, and all the increased wages, yet somehow, ODDLY it causes the biggest stock market slip in two years. So, so weird huh.
        Got anymore lectures ?

Comment

Appreciate what you’re saying, but 2% is hardly much to be concerned about. Profit takers liquidating for some gains. They’ll be back in next week.
          1990 2755 - sold
          2005 275 current vessel

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_Kenyon View Post
            Appreciate what you’re saying, but 2% is hardly much to be concerned about. Profit takers liquidating for some gains. They’ll be back in next week.
            So what would get your attention ? It's the largest decline in two years. It's hardly insignificant.

Comment

It's hardly the end of the world. Here's what I would do if I were you...

Sell it all! Buy crypto and metals... heck maybe some stripped coupons to keep you busy...

Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Originally posted by FISHIN00 View Post
                Lets see what happens Monday and Tuesday...Looks like a Friday stock dump to drive down stock prices.
                I agree with you Dave in 75% of the time the DOW lost 500 points it made those points back in a little over a week. But 25% of the time it didn't 666 is a lot to make up in a week.
                Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
                The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

So what would get your attention ? It's the largest decline in two years. It's hardly insignificant.
                  Perhaps, but I wouldn’t bail and throw gas on the fire right now. I’d stick and see what happens next week. Just my $.02
                  1990 2755 - sold
                  2005 275 current vessel

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_Kenyon View Post
                    Rick Trump has made it a big point to tell the world how good the DOW is doing because of him. The DOW took about a year to go up 1000 points losing 666 points in one day is a big deal. The failsafe system did not kick in to close the trading down as it is based on a percentage not a point system. They might want to think about changing that. The weekend gave the market players a cooling off period.
                    Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
                    The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

Personally, IMO, if you invest in the market, give yourself some cushion to absorb the potential losses you will take. Legalized gambling, IMO. It adds nothing to the economy of the country. Only gives the rich a place to gamble with their or their client’s money to see how smart they can prove themselves to be in the eyes of their constituents. IMO, the market should be disbanded and declared illegal. It produces nothing of value for the country, and clearly yields nothing other than to those of already existing wealth. Is it really essential to what this country is about? Hardly, IMO.

yes, you should be able to sell equity in the market to generate capital, but to trade that equity for potential gain or loss, IMO, serves no national purpose. It only serves the purpose of providing a poker table for the already rich.
                      1990 2755 - sold
                      2005 275 current vessel

Comment

I guess back to my original point. We have been listening to the right wing echo chamber tout the market as a prime example of Herr Trump's massive awesomeness for month, basically because they have literally nothing else to give him credit for, and he doesn't deserve credit for that. They might as well give him credit for the sun rising.

My question is, what happens when the natural direction of the market eases ? Even worse, what about a genuine crisis ? We have seen how Trump's administration has taken zero responsibility for natural disasters, why in fact they seem ti disappear completely. You have to give Trump, one thing. He's a real expert at keeping the attention on everything except the subject.

Comment

• Rick_Kenyon
                          Rick_Kenyon commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yup, things are looking good. So......do you,have a prescription to change things? Might not be too popular, but, heck, let’s hear it.

My question is, what happens when the natural direction of the market eases ? Even worse, what about a genuine crisis ? We have seen how Trump's administration has taken zero responsibility for natural disasters, why in fact they seem ti disappear completely. You have to give Trump, one thing. He's a real expert at keeping the attention on everything except the subject.
                        Umm, yeah, he’s pretty good at that. But we all need to see that as politics at its finest and get beyond it.

The market will will make a correction, then likely make a rebound, another correction, another rebound. IMO, it’s not the result of any single thing that anybody does. As I’ve mentioned, I think it’s a big poker game, and the players are all hanging around to see who flinches first.

Beyond that, other than for the purpose of generating investment capital, the market serves no legitimate economic purpose other than providing a legal platform for people with money to screw with each other by trying to out guess what each of them is doing. To that extent, I won’t waste my time with it. Just my $.02
                        1990 2755 - sold
                        2005 275 current vessel

Comment

Really ? Based on your boat, obviously you are killing it.

"Major stock indexes dropped sharply Friday, with the Dow Jones industrial average tumbling 666 points amid signs that wage growth is finally picking up.

The 2.6 percent drop in the Dow came as the Labor Department reported that 200,000 jobs were added to the economy last month, which was stronger than expected, and the unemployment rate stayed at 4.1 percent — the lowest since 2000.

But worries about inflation grew when the report showed that average hourly wages grew 2.9 percent from a year ago — the largest increase since June 2009. Yields for 10-year Treasurys hit four-year highs Friday."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ore-550-points

I know what you are thinking, "it's on NPR, it must be BS". Keep looking and you will find the exact same story everywhere. So, perplexing no ? You and your fellow Trump fan boys have been touting his tax refund, and all the increased wages, yet somehow, ODDLY it causes the biggest stock market slip in two years. So, so weird huh.
                          Got anymore lectures ?
                          Based on my boat? Which one? I have two, looking to trade up on the Bayliner. And I'm pretty sure my pontoon boat is worth more than your 32. Any time you want to compare portfolios or financial statements, let me know.
                          Jeff & Tara
                          (And Ginger too)
                          Lake Havasu City, AZ
                          sigpic
                          2000 Bayliner 2858
                          "GETAWAY"

Comment

HEY! You're right, hardly insignificant. But nothing to get worked up about, not even for a stupid internet conversation. If you can't stand the heat, then you're right, stay out of the kitchen. You have your choice of two basic investment strategies, one that let's you eat good, and one that let's you sleep good.
                            Jeff & Tara
                            (And Ginger too)
                            Lake Havasu City, AZ
                            sigpic
                            2000 Bayliner 2858
                            "GETAWAY"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffw View Post

Based on my boat? Which one? I have two, looking to trade up on the Bayliner. And I'm pretty sure my pontoon boat is worth more than your 32. Any time you want to compare portfolios or financial statements, let me know.
                              Lol, here we go. See Jeff, this is why you are not a moderator here any more. You don't have the temperament. Anything else you want to compare ?

Comment

Working...
                              X