Dow taking a massive hit today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oakplank View Post

My only worry is you thinking it was 2% instead of 666%.
    I wouldn’t want you investing my four loonies.
    666% huh? Wow. Very good. Do you want to impress us with any more of your mathematical prowess?

Click image for larger version

Name:	0602C4FA-7B34-4D3F-B5BC-AECA7B14C46D.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	409067

Mocoondo
    2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
    Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
    MMSI: 338091755

Comment

Lets see what happens Monday and Tuesday...Looks like a Friday stock dump to drive down stock prices.

Comment

Dow is still up something like 40% since Trump won the election.
        1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

Comment

My only worry is you thinking it was 2% instead of 666%.
          It dropped 666 POINTS - 2% of it's value...

You can't have record growth like we've seen without an eventual flinch. Most were worried that interest rates would go up (they didn't) and tech stocks that showed lower earnings.

Real bummer about the jobs report though huh? Only 200,000 people got new jobs last month.

Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Originally posted by iceclimber View Post

It was on an upward trend for years before he took office, all economic indicators were. Duh. You better watch your portfolio and get it out of the market, but wait. Don't.
            You're right. Duh. (WTF, are you a valley girl, or a grown man?) The difference is, I've made more in the last 14 months than I did in 8 YEARS of Obama's tenure.
            Jeff & Tara
            (And Ginger too)
            Lake Havasu City, AZ
            sigpic
            2000 Bayliner 2858
            "GETAWAY"
            MMSI: 338094599
            In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Mocoondo View Post

666% huh? Wow. Very good. Do you want to impress us with any more of your mathematical prowess?

Name:	0602C4FA-7B34-4D3F-B5BC-AECA7B14C46D.jpeg
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	409067

My bad. I got all excited when I saw it was the biggest drop in two years.
              Contrary to Donald, I apologize when I’m wrong.

Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
              2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
              12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

I got all excited when I saw it was the biggest drop in two years.
                We all got excited when the the Dow hit an all time high just two weeks ago. We got excited (77 times) when the Dow closed at record highs. When the Dow broke 96 records in the first year of the Trump presidency. It gained 1000 points in a single year... another record. It rose faster in the SINGLE first week of his presidency than all but one other time in history (1999)

And yet... this 2% drop is what you get excited about. that speaks volumes about you.

iBoatNW

Comment

666% drop on the day the FISA memo was released? Maybe it's a message.
                  2003 Bayliner 245
                  2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Originally posted by Douggy View Post
                    Bad information for the Dems. I would have expected the market to react to any negative information, so it’s not surprising at all to see a minor dip. See what happens next week.
                    1990 2755 - sold
                    2005 275 current vessel

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_Kenyon View Post

Bad information for the Dems. I would have expected the market to react to any negative information, so it’s not surprising at all to see a minor dip. See what happens next week.
                      I was joking really, referring to a message from the people who control the money

Name:	666.JPG
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	409196
                      2003 Bayliner 245
                      2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffw View Post

You're right. Duh. (WTF, are you a valley girl, or a grown man?) The difference is, I've made more in the last 14 months than I did in 8 YEARS of Obama's tenure.
                      Well Jeff, ya big man you. Thank President Obama for his market. I wonder how you will feel when all those gains are lost ? Will you MAN up and blame Trump ? Thing is, he didn't do anything to change the Obama economy for a year. Now, he has signed one piece of legislation, so he can claim that in fact he did something. Let's see in a year. You know, when all these tax cuts magically create growth. I mean, it's not like we have historical data to look at.

Comment

I will go on the limb and predict large rebound in market on Monday...way I see it is that those waiting for onow sidelines to invest have been waiting for this opportunity to jump in.

if I had any surplus I would be doing same thing.....i also predict a series of sharp inclines and declines before a more slow and steady climb resumes.
                        Current: 2008 H210SS Four Winns
                        Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner

Comment

The market is seriously overpriced. It's dangerous.

The reaction was due to a very specific piece of data tied to inflation. But Jeff knows that. I mean, as a MAN.

Comment

Originally posted by Douggy View Post
                            Well... factually it fell 665 points, not 666%. Those 665 points equal a 2.5% valuation of the Dow. The S&P was only down 2.1%.

To give you an indication, relatively this drop was less than half of that felt back in 1987.

Just time to rotate out of stocks and into bonds.

iBoatNW

Comment

Originally posted by TX H210 SS View Post
                              I will go on the limb and predict large rebound in market on Monday...way I see it is that those waiting for onow sidelines to invest have been waiting for this opportunity to jump in.

if I had any surplus I would be doing same thing.....i also predict a series of sharp inclines and declines before a more slow and steady climb resumes.
                              i'll do the same and make a prediction for Monday as well:

Nervous nellies will continue selling and the market will begin the day lower. Later in the day, the bargain hunters will return and the market will start making a comeback and close higher for the day.
                              1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X