FISA MEMO RELEASED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post

Love for one's country and love for one's government or constitutional system are mutually exclusive. An American patriot can be a Communist, Capitalist, Liberal, or Conservative. ... No political ideology has a monopoly on patriotism.
    From wikipedia: In political and social sciences, communism (from Latin communis, "common, universal") is the philosophical, social, political and economic ideology and movement whose ultimate goal is the establishment of the communist society, which is a socioeconomic order structured upon the common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money and the state.

Now how can you say that communism is patriotism to the United States of America?
    2003 Bayliner 245
    2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Originally posted by Douggy View Post

From wikipedia: In political and social sciences, communism (from Latin communis, "common, universal") is the philosophical, social, political and economic ideology and movement whose ultimate goal is the establishment of the communist society, which is a socioeconomic order structured upon the common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money and the state.

Now how can you say that communism is patriotism to the United States of America?
      You are apparently intentionally misrepresenting what I said. Let's try and have a rational conversation.

Did I say that "communism is patriotism"? NO! I said that it was mutually exclusive. Do you know what that means?

A person can be a patriot regardless of their ideology, so long as it is in the name of love for or devotion to one's country.
      1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post

You are apparently intentionally misrepresenting what I said. Let's try and have a rational conversation.

Did I say that "communism is patriotism"? NO! I said that it was mutually exclusive. Do you know what that means?

A person can be a patriot regardless of their ideology, so long as it is in the name of love for or devotion to one's country.
        (from wiki) Patriotism is the ideology of attachment to a homeland. This attachment can be a combination of many different features relating to one's own homeland, including ethnic, cultural, political or historical aspects.

You said "An American patriot can be a Communist"

I gave you the definition of a Communist already.

How can a Communist be an American patriot if their ideology is incompatible with Americas core values, beliefs, laws, politics and constitutional democracy?
        2003 Bayliner 245
        2007 Sedona F21

Comment

(from wiki) Patriotism is the ideology of attachment to a homeland. This attachment can be a combination of many different features relating to one's own homeland, including ethnic, cultural, political or historical aspects.

You said "An American patriot can be a Communist"

I gave you the definition of a Communist already.

How can a Communist be an American patriot if their ideology is incompatible with Americas core values, beliefs, laws, politics and constitutional democracy?
          You are quoting Wikipedia on the definition of patriotism. I certainly wouldn't consider Wikipedia to be the the definitive resource for anything. If you continue and expand your research beyond Wikipedia, you'll find that patriotism is not considered an ideology (e.g., the dictionary definition is: a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors).

Anyway, yes a communist can (but not necessarily) be a patriot. That said, you and I would agree that communism would detrimental to to our (American) values, and for that reason I disagree strongly with the communist ideology.
          1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

You deserve the truth. Here is why the FISA memo matters
            2003 Bayliner 245
            2007 Sedona F21

Comment

That right. YOU deserve the truth. Have Donald release the memo from the Democrats.

Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
              2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
              12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

Originally posted by oakplank View Post

That right. YOU deserve the truth. Have Donald release the memo from the Democrats.

Nope ...

2003 Bayliner 245
                2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Nope ...

Why not?
                  Why is it transparent when releasing one but not the other?
                  Is Donald afraid of the truth, especially once released, he won’t be able to use his favorite claim “Fake News”. Or, maybe the memo simply doesn’t criticize the Russian investigation or doesn’t honors Donald?

Comment

Originally posted by oakplank View Post

Why not?
                    Why is it transparent when releasing one but not the other?
                    Is Donald afraid of the truth, especially once released, he won’t be able to use his favorite claim “Fake News”. Or, maybe the memo simply doesn’t criticize the Russian investigation or doesn’t honors Donald?
                    Did you watch the video? Obama claims "elections matter" as he did what ever he wanted, illegal or not, and pretty much gave his critics the bird with a smile.

So the left can cry and whine all they want ... elections matter
                    2003 Bayliner 245
                    2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Did you watch the video? Obama claims "elections matter" as he did what ever he wanted, illegal or not, and pretty much gave his critics the bird with a smile.

So the left can cry and whine all they want ... elections matter
                      Where, in the video, does Obama refer to the memo?
                      All you are saying is, if Obama did this or that, then so can Donald. I guess your are saying that it’s okay to kill someone because the guy down the street killed someone. So, yes I listened to the video and did not hear Obama request the memo not be made public. Maybe you attached the wrong video.

Comment

Working...
                      X