Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, where did everyone NOT on the right go on this forum ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, where did everyone NOT on the right go on this forum ?

As I look this morning, you guys (about 5 of you) have successfully created the exact scenario here at BOC what the entire nation is seeing in the blog-o-sphere. Independents and progressives are growing tired of on line infantile bickering and leaving the playground to you. Look at the threads, and look at the lack of meaningful participation. This does not bode well for ya'all. I see the same trend in the media. Basically the right is down to Fox and Sean Hannity, who by the way just looks stupid when he talks, like the kid that can't get picked for the team. I wonder if he looks around and notices all his bros have been taken down ? The White House press briefings have become hysterical, with Sarah Sanders the human Potemkin village mouthing the Trump agenda, whatever that actually is. I don't think Trump himself knows. He's getting booed down when he snivels about the "fake news". The GOP can't even produce a single budget draft IN A YEAR, something they used to rake the Democrats over the coals for. That's because they have wasted the last year trying to dismantle shit the country actually likes. Congress and Trump have now set records for the lowest approval numbers in history. Majorities in both houses have produced literally nothing except a rubber stamp of the disastrous Reagan tax plan. Yay !

I predict we are going to see some very interesting developments in short order, starting with the Mueller investigations, and finishing with the mid term elections. So, cheers fellas enjoy each other's company and self congratulations and the sweeping agenda that is "taking the country back" lol. The thing that needs to be returned to us is dignity. The rest will self adjust in very short order.

No, I will not let the transom gate hit me on the way out.

Originally posted by iceclimber View Post
    As I look this morning, you guys (about 5 of you) have successfully created the exact scenario here at BOC what the entire nation is seeing in the blog-o-sphere. Independents and progressives are growing tired of on line infantile bickering and leaving the playground to you. Look at the threads, and look at the lack of meaningful participation. This does not bode well for ya'all. I see the same trend in the media. Basically the right is down to Fox and Sean Hannity, who by the way just looks stupid when he talks, like the kid that can't get picked for the team. I wonder if he looks around and notices all his bros have been taken down ? The White House press briefings have become hysterical, with Sarah Sanders the human Potemkin village mouthing the Trump agenda, whatever that actually is. I don't think Trump himself knows. He's getting booed down when he snivels about the "fake news". The GOP can't even produce a single budget draft IN A YEAR, something they used to rake the Democrats over the coals for. That's because they have wasted the last year trying to dismantle shit the country actually likes. Congress and Trump have now set records for the lowest approval numbers in history. Majorities in both houses have produced literally nothing except a rubber stamp of the disastrous Reagan tax plan. Yay !

I predict we are going to see some very interesting developments in short order, starting with the Mueller investigations, and finishing with the mid term elections. So, cheers fellas enjoy each other's company and self congratulations and the sweeping agenda that is "taking the country back" lol. The thing that needs to be returned to us is dignity. The rest will self adjust in very short order.

No, I will not let the transom gate hit me on the way out.
    Mr Iceclimber

There are only two from the left that seem to have dissappeared recently.

They were replaced by a couple of others that seem to be able to discuss (or argue) politics without resorting to personal attacks.

Nobody is stupid just because they think the country should go a certain direction, and that mutual respect for others intelligence goes a very long way in gaining an understanding of why people have the point of view that they have.

I for one am really enjoying the civilty that this forum has gained recently, and hope that our discussions can stay that way.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY
    SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

They created new identities. Born again lefties.
      Esteban
      Detroit, MI
      Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post

Mr Iceclimber

They were replaced by a couple of others that seem to be able to discuss (or argue) politics without resorting to personal attacks.

Nobody is stupid just because they think the country should go a certain direction, and that mutual respect for others intelligence goes a very long way in gaining an understanding of why people have the point of view that they have.

I for one am really enjoying the civilty that this forum has gained recently, and hope that our discussions can stay that way.
        I enjoy the civil discussions as well however posts such as #3 above keep the uncivil conversations going. If its a civil conversation it gets a civil response. If it not well then ......

Comment

Who left?
          Mocoondo
          2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
          Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
          MMSI: 338091755

Comment

Originally posted by donyt View Post

I enjoy the civil discussions as well however posts such as #3 above keep the uncivil conversations going. If its a civil conversation it gets a civil response. If it not well then ......
            Get a civil avatar and then someone might take you seriously.
            This is first and foremost a Bayliners boating forum.
            It doesn’t seem to me that you have any intention of posting anything about boating, at least not with this identity.
            Esteban
            Detroit, MI

Comment

They were at the shot show in Vegas.
              Esteban
              Detroit, MI

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	407994
                1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
                5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
                San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more liberal people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post

Mr Iceclimber

Mr. Sanders, no one called you stupid and no one launched a personal attack against you. Enjoy the echo chamber.

Comment

Mr. Sanders, no one called you stupid and no one launched a personal attack against you. Enjoy the echo chamber.
                    I agree nobody called me stupid and nobody launched a personal attack against me.

KEVIN SANDERS
                    4788 LISAS WAY
                    SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

As I look this morning, you guys (about 5 of you) have successfully created the exact scenario here at BOC what the entire nation is seeing in the blog-o-sphere. Independents and progressives are growing tired of on line infantile bickering and leaving the playground to you. Look at the threads, and look at the lack of meaningful participation. This does not bode well for ya'all. I see the same trend in the media. Basically the right is down to Fox and Sean Hannity, who by the way just looks stupid when he talks, like the kid that can't get picked for the team..
                      Lol, you lookin in the mirror?

Nobody’s left, we’re just on the afternoon nap. Got family in. Be back in a few days.
                      1990 2755 - sold
                      2005 275 current vessel

Comment

I am done here, nobody's mind is going to be changed and I don't think it is healthy for the BOC as a whole.

Too many of these topics are too personal and push people away knowing they are interacting with someone that has great disdain (bordering on hate) for people like them even when they might have good advice on what vinyl to use, a good rubbing compound or what a good washdown pump is.

In cases like this there really can be bliss in being ignorant of the whole of the person you are "conversing" with.
                        1989 3888
                        Nobody gets out alive.

Comment

Originally posted by kwb View Post
                          I am done here, nobody's mind is going to be changed and I don't think it is healthy for the BOC as a whole.

Too many of these topics are too personal and push people away knowing they are interacting with someone that has great disdain (bordering on hate) for people like them even when they might have good advice on what vinyl to use, a good rubbing compound or what a good washdown pump is.

In cases like this there really can be bliss in being ignorant of the whole of the person you are "conversing" with.
                          There is nothing different between discussions here on BOC and discussions outside of BOC. The BOC website is just a social media platform with boating twist or commonality between members. Discussions and interactions here could be the same a discussions on the dock, with neighbors or at a social gathering with friends and family. A person probably acts the same on BOC as they would outside of BOC. Claiming that "topics are too personal and push people away knowing they are interacting with someone that has great disdain (bordering on hate) for people like them" is not true for the majority and it's sad if a people truly feels that way. But as I mentioned, that same people probably reacts that way outside of BOC if they can't accept and deal with a difference of opinion from their own.

It's up to the person to decide if they want to participate in a certain discussion or even start a discussion. If they get offended or angry by the discussions then it might be better for them to not engage and not even read the discussions. If a person decides to participate and express themselves irresponsibly and rude then that's on the person. The rules are posted on the sticky post at the top of the sub-forum.

I have been a member of BOC since 2003. Political discussions have been a part of BOC (on and off) since I first signed on. Political discussions are a normal part of life just like many other subjects discussed on BOC that has nothing to do with boating. One thing I noticed this last round of politics being banned on BOC was that the general activity of BOC in all sections slowed down dramatically. I logged on several times over the past few years and I saw very few posts and most of these were by new members. Over moderating and imposing strict rules has it's down side and probably the reason why many "old timers" backed off BOC.
                          2003 Bayliner 245
                          2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Originally posted by Douggy View Post

There is nothing different between discussions here on BOC and discussions outside of BOC. The BOC website is just a social media platform with boating twist or commonality between members. Discussions and interactions here could be the same a discussions on the dock, with neighbors or at a social gathering with friends and family. A person probably acts the same on BOC as they would outside of BOC. Claiming that "topics are too personal and push people away knowing they are interacting with someone that has great disdain (bordering on hate) for people like them" is not true for the majority and it's sad if a people truly feels that way. But as I mentioned, that same people probably reacts that way outside of BOC if they can't accept and deal with a difference of opinion from their own.

It's up to the person to decide if they want to participate in a certain discussion or even start a discussion. If they get offended or angry by the discussions then it might be better for them to not engage and not even read the discussions. If a person decides to participate and express themselves irresponsibly and rude then that's on the person. The rules are posted on the sticky post at the top of the sub-forum.

I have been a member of BOC since 2003. Political discussions have been a part of BOC (on and off) since I first signed on. Political discussions are a normal part of life just like many other subjects discussed on BOC that has nothing to do with boating. One thing I noticed this last round of politics being banned on BOC was that the general activity of BOC in all sections slowed down dramatically. I logged on several times over the past few years and I saw very few posts and most of these were by new members. Over moderating and imposing strict rules has it's down side and probably the reason why many "old timers" backed off BOC.
                            I agree. If you wouldn’t say it in person directly to someone’s face, you shouldn’t say it here either. If you don’t want to participate in this type of discussion, then don’t. But don’t seek it out, find that you don’t agree with it, and then claim it should go away because you don’t like it. If you don’t like it, move on. It’s really that simple.

As to activity on BOC, I too have been here for many years. Very close to the beginning. Over the last couple years, I thought for sure BOC was toast. Activity levels plunged, numerous members left, and everything pointed to the same reason. Many, myself included, sat more or less on the sidelines watching the hot mess unfold. Sometimes you might think you have a good thing, but it’s that very thing that is responsible for your demise. Hopefully that has been abated some, at least it seems so. I am cautiously optimistic for the future.
                            Mocoondo
                            2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
                            Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
                            MMSI: 338091755

Comment

I've been here since our membership numbers were in the hundreds. In mid-1999 I found this site while on an aircraft carrier in the middle east. I made my decision to buy a boat and a Bayliner 2355 because of it. I've seen many of these characters come and go. Many hide behind the keyboard and say things they'd never dare say in public, much less to someone's face.

I've also met MANY BOC members in person. I was at the very FIRST BOC meet-up in February of 2000 and have made some GREAT friends along the way. I just spent the day with a half dozen of them yesterday, walked the boat show and had a great dinner with them. We talked about several of you over dinner.

THOSE relationships are worth the time. The discussions that lead to those friendships have been reinforced by healthy, non-threatening discourse. The trolls come and go. Don't let them wear you down.
                              Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Working...
                              X