Government Shutdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pot calling the kettle black.
    Did Trump Criticize Obama for a Lack of Leadership During the 2013 Government Shutdown?

https://www.snopes.com/trump-criticize-obama-shutdown/
    Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
    The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

Originally posted by green650 View Post
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1775.JPG Views:	2 Size:	204.0 KB ID:	406732
      I cannot think of any logical reason why they cannot just sign a funding continuation bill.

This is causing litterally billions of dollars in lost productivity every day. Millions of federal workers are at home today, not doing their jobs.
      Yes they will eventually get paid, but the productivity lost can never be recovered.

All over illegal Aliens. Really? You would think that if they were going to shut down the government they could at least choose someing more important than illegal aliens.

Disgraceful.

Oh, and Iproff I do not give a tinkers dam what happened in 2013. This is 2018.

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY
      SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

• Iproff
        Iproff commented
        Editing a comment
        So your fine with Trumps flip flop on who is responsible for the government shut down.

• ksanders
        ksanders commented
        Editing a comment
        I could care less what he said, or she said, or anybody said in 2013

What I care about today is what is happening today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1775.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	406732
      A motion was made today (Monday) to pay the military and death benefits during the shutdown. Just as they did in 2013. The motion was not passed because Mitch McConnell objected to it. Time to think of the people and not Trump.

Comment

There are a lot of votes at stake. It's their last chance ever. But the people see what stupid games the democrats are willing to play to try and get more votes, and how they are willing to screw American citizens, tax payers, just to try and get more voters on the books. Rats on a sinking ship.
        Esteban
        Detroit, MI
        Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm..._medium=social
          Esteban
          Detroit, MI

Comment

Why is congress continuing to be paid during the government shutdown?
            Not only should their pay be stopped, but they should not be reimbursed for lost pay during the period that the government is shutdown.
            I know some one wouldn't care as they are very wealthy anyway but at least they would not look as slimy as they do now.
            Interesting that the stock market is shrugging it off. The SP500 and the Nasdaq even set new highs today.
            1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

Comment

Originally posted by baylineguy View Post
              Why is congress continuing to be paid during the government shutdown?
              Not only should their pay be stopped, but they should not be reimbursed for lost pay during the period that the government is shutdown.
              I know some one wouldn't care as they are very wealthy anyway but at least they would not look as slimy as they do now.
              Interesting that the stock market is shrugging it off. The SP500 and the Nasdaq even set new highs today.
              Quite a few have written letters requesting not to be paid until this is revolved. But the reality of the matter is, what they get paid is really pennies compared to what they make elsewhere, millions on inside trading, real estate deals all kinds of other stuff.
              Esteban
              Detroit, MI

Comment

So how about one of the Democrats here explain why the Democrats voted no?
                Esteban
                Detroit, MI

Comment

So how about one of the Democrats here explain why the Democrats voted no?
                  I'd like to hear why too. There was nothing in the bill that the Democrats hated. And before they say Republicans voted against it too:
                  90% of the Republicans voted for it.
                  90% of Democrats voted against it.

Comment

A deals been made and funding till Feb 8th. Mitch McConnell has promised that DACA will be addressed before then.

Trump to celebrate by playing golf.

Comment

Originally posted by Iproff View Post
                      A deals been made and funding till Feb 8th. Mitch McConnell has promised that DACA will be addressed before then.

If you can call it a deal when it only keeps the government going for 2 1/2 more weeks. Oh yeah, the House would still have to agree to it too as it is different than what they passed.. Better than nothing, but not much.

Comment

Originally posted by Iproff View Post

So lets get something settled...

The president can effectivly manage 90% of the time from anyplace in the world. Sitting in an office means nothing now days.

I know of more than one BOC’er that makes his living working from his home
                        I run my business from my boat all summer, and nobody knows the difference.

So if you or anybody else thins you are getting somewhere pointing out how many golf games the president plays, or how many weekends he spends escaping from Washington...nobody with any brain cells cares.

Yes they made a deal. The republicans agreed to basically put immigration reform at the top of thier priority list and the democrats agreed to re-open the government.

This was a zero gain for the democrats since one of the priorities was and is immigration reform and border security.

Part of immigration reform will be to rightfully protect youth brought here illegally and raised as Americans.
                        Part of the immigration reform will be to increase the security of our southern border to prevent illegal entry into our country.

Hopefully they will adress the flood of unskilled workers coming here and stealing jobs from our American Citizens who have minimal skills.

KEVIN SANDERS
                        4788 LISAS WAY
                        SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post

So lets get something settled...

The president can effectivly manage 90% of the time from anyplace in the world. Sitting in an office means nothing now days.

I know of more than one BOC’er that makes his living working from his home
                          I run my business from my boat all summer, and nobody knows the difference.

So if you or anybody else thins you are getting somewhere pointing out how many golf games the president plays, or how many weekends he spends escaping from Washington...nobody with any brain cells cares.

Yes they made a deal. The republicans agreed to basically put immigration reform at the top of thier priority list and the democrats agreed to re-open the government.

This was a zero gain for the democrats since one of the priorities was and is immigration reform and border security.

Part of immigration reform will be to rightfully protect youth brought here illegally and raised as Americans.
                          Part of the immigration reform will be to increase the security of our southern border to prevent illegal entry into our country.

Hopefully they will adress the flood of unskilled workers coming here and stealing jobs from our American Citizens who have minimal skills.
                          When the #villageidiot was running he criticized Obama for playing golf. Trump said I won't have time for golf I will be too busy running the country. Trump has spent more on golf in 1 year than any President in 4 years.
                          I think it was a win for both. The government is back to work and DACA will be addressed. I like deadlines they force people to do their job.
                          Hopfully immigration reform can be accomplished going to a merit system would be a welcome change.

Comment

DACA itself has never been at the heart of the problem. What is key is we secure our borders so this 800,000 child problem isn't 2,000,000 10 years from now. The problem with DACA has always been there was no committed path towards citizenship that each child had to adhere to. It takes commitment to becoming a citizen as well and amnesty. Chain migration is another part of it that needs to be addressed. These kids should be able to sponsor their parents (assuming they GET citizenship) but that as well needs commitment and a timeline.

If the border had been under control the last 20 years, then we wouldn't be dealing with 800,000 children now.
                            Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post

Easy solution, if you are American you get the job, if you’re not you don’t get the job. Maybe I’m confused, are you referring to the jobs Americans don’t want?
                              Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
                              2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
                              12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

Working...
                              X