California Homeless Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California Homeless Problem

It was getting bad 5 years ago when I finally had enough of the destruction by liberal policies ...

I think California is past the tipping point now

See how long this video lasts ... Youtube keeps deleting it

2003 Bayliner 245
    2007 Sedona F21

When I think of Orange County where the video was taken, I think of Disneyland, sunshine, and good times. I had no idea that homelessness was so bad down there.
    Also very revealing that Youtube keeps deleting it.
    1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

Comment

You don't think the good weather might have something to do with the homeless problem? You don't think there are other variables contributing to the homeless problem?

Let me ask this: What is the median price of a house in Orange County?
      Matt Train
      BOC Site Team
      Chicagoland, IL

Comment

That is near Disneyland.
        Not sure what median price is, but you really can't find anything for less than 400k. Rents are steep too. Most did not originate there though. They migrate to where there are amenities.
        Esteban
        Detroit, MI
        Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

none of these homeless are illegals...they take care of the illegals
          1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
          5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
          San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more liberal people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

Originally posted by Download_Complete View Post
            You don't think the good weather might have something to do with the homeless problem? You don't think there are other variables contributing to the homeless problem?

Let me ask this: What is the median price of a house in Orange County?
            Sure, if I was a homeless person, I would prefer to camp out in an area that is sunny and warm. But all of southern CA is sunny and warm and after googling the problem, it looks like Orange county has a worse problem than other areas. Why? Because the word is out that Orange county is friendlier to the homeless and provides more amenities to them. Free facilities and food, not hassled by the police, free vet care and such. Many of the homeless there come from other areas of the country.

And yes, homes and rents are expensive there, but they are also expensive throughout southern CA too. It looks like many residents are getting very tired of the messes and smells of urine and feces throughout the area so maybe the open arms that the homeless see there are changing.

Comment

Originally posted by baylineguy View Post

Sure, if I was a homeless person, I would prefer to camp out in an area that is sunny and warm. But all of southern CA is sunny and warm and after googling the problem, it looks like Orange county has a worse problem than other areas. Why? Because the word is out that Orange county is friendlier to the homeless and provides more amenities to them. Free facilities and food, not hassled by the police, free vet care and such. Many of the homeless there come from other areas of the country.

And yes, homes and rents are expensive there, but they are also expensive throughout southern CA too. It looks like many residents are getting very tired of the messes and smells of urine and feces throughout the area so maybe the open arms that the homeless see there are changing.
              Well gee, last I checked Orange County is a Republican county.
              Matt Train
              BOC Site Team
              Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Well gee, last I checked Orange County is a Republican county.
                Ha, nice try. The suburbs remain mostly Republican but the cities with the homeless encampments are blue Democrats now. County even voted for crooked HRC the last election.

Comment

Ha, nice try. The suburbs remain mostly Republican but the cities with the homeless encampments are blue Democrats now. County even voted for crooked HRC the last election.
                  Okay. Walk up to a homeless person and blame their lot in life on Hillary Clinton and the fact that the county voted democratic.

I would love to be standing near by when you do.
                  Matt Train
                  BOC Site Team
                  Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Okay. Walk up to a homeless person and blame their lot in life on Hillary Clinton and the fact that the county voted democratic.

I would love to be standing near by when you do.
                    Huh? I would never blame a homeless person for their lot. They are simply going to go where they feel the most welcome and life is easiest for them. If I blamed anyone it would be the mayor and sheriff for that mess.

Comment

Huh? I would never blame a homeless person for their lot. They are simply going to go where they feel the most welcome and life is easiest for them. If I blamed anyone it would be the mayor and sheriff for that mess.
                      Forget it. If you’re on the right, it’s your fault. And if you’re white, it’s even more your fault.
                      1990 2755 - sold
                      2005 275 current vessel

Comment

How about instead of blame, what is your plan for dealing with the homeless?

I am much more interested in hearing from critical people such as yourself how you are going to solve the problem, rather than placing blame. I don't really respect people who just blame others...I want to see some effort at thinking about a solution.

Blaming the sheriff and mayor does nothing because it doesn't get homeless people off the street.
                        Matt Train
                        BOC Site Team
                        Chicagoland, IL

Comment

How about instead of blame, what is your plan for dealing with the homeless?

I am much more interested in hearing from critical people such as yourself how you are going to solve the problem, rather than placing blame. I don't really respect people who just blame others...I want to see some effort at thinking about a solution.

Blaming the sheriff and mayor does nothing because it doesn't get homeless people off the street.
                          Yeah, the liberal ideas sure haven't worked down there have they?

Here's a thought: Improve the economy so the homeless have the opportunity to get jobs. It's starting and being triggered by the republican tax cuts. Also, reduce bureaucratic regulations that strangle business.

Comment

Yeah, the liberal ideas sure haven't worked down there have they?

Here's a thought: Improve the economy so the homeless have the opportunity to get jobs. It's starting and being triggered by the republican tax cuts. Also, reduce bureaucratic regulations that strangle business.
                            Try harder, sweetheart. The homeless don't care about tax cuts. You get them employed once you get them off the street, so the problem needs to be solved earlier in the story arc.
                            Matt Train
                            BOC Site Team
                            Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Try harder, sweetheart. The homeless don't care about tax cuts. You get them employed once you get them off the street, so the problem needs to be solved earlier in the story arc.
                              No, but the tax cuts will create more job opportunities for them. You live in a dark world. Is your house painted black?

Comment

Working...
                              X