Why are liberals embarrased to admit it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Download_Complete
    Last warning Mike. Quit calling me a racist.
    If the shoes fits right? And for the record I am not calling YOU a racist, just your comments. They are taken by me as offensive and prejudiced. You speak with some authority because you “have a black friend” .... that’s as old as it gets. We ALL have black friends, some of us have black family... and pray tell some of us on this forum ARE black.

Originally posted by Download_Complete View Post
    t's hard to have a full (or even basic) understanding of ANYTHING if you don't have any exposure to it.
    Who specifically do you feel has no exposure to the issues that people face every day?

Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Originally posted by SomeSailor View Post

If the shoes fits right? And for the record I am not calling YOU a racist, just your comments. They are taken by me as offensive and prejudiced. You speak with some authority because you “have a black friend” .... that’s as old as it gets. We ALL have black friends, some of us have black family... and pray tell some of us on this forum ARE black.

Who specifically do you feel has no exposure to the issues that people face every day?
      No Mike, the shoe does not fit. If you're going to label me a racist just because I am trying to push a greater understanding on behalf of a group that is under-represented, then I have a lot worse I would like to call you.

A racist is a person who is prejudiced against someone from another race. At no point did I ever suggest that in my posts, and no reasonable person can credibly call me that. I am married to an Asian woman, I have a mixed son, and I have friends from all walks of life. I talk to them, I hear what they have to say, and I bring that back here and challenge people like you. It's that simple. If that offends you or makes you uncomfortable, well, you have a log out button just as well as anyone else. Or stick with the non-PP conversation.

We have a problem with race in this country. That much is clear. I am interested in greater understanding for blacks, whites, asians, muslims, and all walks of life. I want a black man to experience the same things a white person does. I want my wife to be able to go to a rural area and not get treated like she is from Mars. I want white people to hang out with people from other nationalities like it's no big deal. For the most part, I think that DOES occur. Then I come in here and listen to Trump supporters, like you.

And to have someone like you label ME as a racist is offensive, wrong, inaccurate, and reflects poorly upon you. If you aren't mature enough to come into these discussions and be able to have an uncomfortable conversation about what life is like for someone who isn't white, log out and go away.

And to your point about some on this forum are black? I don't see them in here. I know why too, because I talk to a few of them. It's conversations like this, with people like you.

Matt Train
      BOC Site Team
      Chicagoland, IL

Comment

A racist is a person who is prejudiced against someone from another race.
        ANY race Matt...

And to your point about some on this forum are black? I don't see them in here. I know why too, because I talk to a few of them. It's conversations like this, with people like you.
        How exactly do you see that Matt? You got some "black vision" we don't know about? I know for a FACT we have a couple of black boaters on this forum. You're just to quick to assume you know differently.

iBoatNW

Comment

Originally posted by SomeSailor View Post

ANY race Matt...
          No sh!t?

How exactly do you see that Matt? You got some "black vision" we don't know about? I know for a FACT we have a couple of black boaters on this forum. You're just to quick to assume you know differently.
          I don't see many blacks posting in PP. That's what I meant. And I know one member is gone because of the attitudes in here.
          Matt Train
          BOC Site Team
          Chicagoland, IL

Comment

I don't see many blacks posting in PP. That's what I meant. And I know one member is gone because of the attitudes in here.
            How would you begin to know that? That's offensive on a level all it's own. Think about what you're saying Matt.

Nope... can't be any blacks here because none are speaking out.

Can't be any Mexicans here because none are speaking out.

How do you propose that your preconceived notion... your perception... your affirmation of a fact before any real knowledge... is not a prejudice?

You label every one of us. You complain about being put in the GenX box, in the renters box, in the boatless box.... and yet you check the block on "knowing a black guy" and "knowing" there are no blacks within earshot. That my friend is at the very heart of prejudice. Ya wanna see my Thanksgiving / Christmas dinner pics? It might surprise you. PM me your email address...

iBoatNW

Comment

Originally posted by iceclimber View Post

Actually, two things. First, Progressives are sick of you and your vitriol on social media and they tend to retreat from those pointless exchanges. I think most folks are willing to have discussions as long as it remains a discussion. Second, every person I know that voted for Trump regrets it. That's because most people I know identify as independent in thought and political leanings. TThe other group that regrets the last election are the Sanders voters that checked out and threw the election, along with other factors.
              Then there is the Trump base that share his views. There is no discussion to be had there. I believe with a few notable exceptions that is the exchange I see here.

Now think back to the day President Obama's election. How exactly did the right react ?
              Not sure who all you know or how you classify "know," but I voted Trump and don't regret it for one damn minute. I know folks who voted for him and don't regret it either. I also know folks who didn't vote for him, but are pleased with many, not all, of the changes.

Not saying some comments aren't needed, but that's the sour with the sweet.

I think the better question is what did Republicans not do when Obama was elected. I don't recall people rioting and crashing store fronts and stealing. I don't recall cars being tumbled and set on fire. I don't recall large groups of celebrities gathering and wearing vagina hats. I don't recall Republicans holding up severed bloody plastic cutoff heads of Obama.

I don't recall Republicans saying they were moving out of the country and never doing it. I don't recall Republican celebrities making public statements about having dreams of assassinating our president. I don't recall the Republican candidate not being able to stand up, admit defeat and encourage all to move forward.

I don't recall Republicans encouraging riots and the killing of peace officers. I don't recall the newly elected Republican (Trump) making statements about police acting wrong during an incident with a radical activist in Boston.

I don't recall being called by a college student saying a liberal professor, pretending to be a man, stood up in class and cried hysterically about the election results and start preaching why this is bad for America.

I do recall seeing countless videos of thugs wearing Obama hoodies during the course of aggravated robberies and assaults....Google that one!

My glasses may be tinted, but which incidents are you talking about?
              Current: 2008 H210SS Four Winns
              Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner

Comment

• hookemdano
                hookemdano commented
                Editing a comment
                very well said !!

Well, of course you don't remember. It's called flexible morality and/or memory. Or, maybe you are just getting old.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27738018/n...hreats-crimes/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/3466...d-the-USA.html

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...on-day-w439871

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ack_obama.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...president.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=tea+...w=1366&bih=656

I have better uses for my time, but I could easily fill the page with examples.

Comment

Working...
              X