Why are liberals embarrased to admit it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick_Kenyon View Post
    I don’t feel like any of that was my fault, so I don’t appreciate being told how badly my “white” society is continuing to treat people of color.
    Matt's just got a dose of "white guilt" he needs to work through.

Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

I think in some instances, when he attempted to explain racial overtones to things like the Trayvon Martin shooting, or the fact that he believed that every black male, including himself, had been watched while in stores, and comments like that, most white people cringed and thought to themselves, we don‘t Want to hear any more about how bad black males have it in this country, we want you to come up with policies and programs to make things better for everybody. My interpretation of what he was saying was not doing that, it was, in fact, continuing to divide us further. I think interjecting himself into those situations then appearing to side with the black minority made white people feel like he was only throwing fuel on the racial fire in the country, not working to eliminate it.

it definately changed my mind as to whether or not I would even consider voting for Hillary. I just couldn’t stomach another four or eight years of the degradation of America, and I saw her changing nothing.

And I definately agree with you. WE NEED TERM LIMITS for all elected positions.
      I remember exactly what he said, and if you forget you can research it. The President stating what it feels like to be a person of color was hardly a "dividing" message, it was just the truth. I'd say white folks simply didn't like the message. By the way, in case everyone forgets, Obama didn't sign the civil rights act. Without getting into a painfully obvious history lesson, that's when the south went from Democrat to Republican, because they coudn't stop being racists. Meanwhile, today we have a white, clearly racist President actually defending openly racist organizations that run people over with cars, and he himself makes racist statements in the white house. Awesome.

There is no point trying to explain this topic to folks that have no point of reference. Unless all the folks of color here at the BOC care to speak up.

Comment

Originally posted by hookemdano View Post

not a single person I know that voted for Trump regrets it...nope not one....
        Well, you have to ask someone other than yourself.

Comment

• hookemdano
          hookemdano commented
          Editing a comment
          I bet that made you chuckle

Originally posted by iceclimber View Post

I remember exactly what he said, and if you forget you can research it. The President stating what it feels like to be a person of color was hardly a "dividing" message, it was just the truth. I'd say white folks simply didn't like the message. By the way, in case everyone forgets, Obama didn't sign the civil rights act. Without getting into a painfully obvious history lesson, that's when the south went from Democrat to Republican, because they coudn't stop being racists. Meanwhile, today we have a white, clearly racist President actually defending openly racist organizations that run people over with cars, and he himself makes racist statements in the white house. Awesome.

There is no point trying to explain this topic to folks that have no point of reference. Unless all the folks of color here at the BOC care to speak up.
        No, I didn’t like the message because it was directed at me as being a white person, and it was divisive in my opinion. It was decisive because he told me how he had been followed in stores simply because he was a black man. I don’t know that to be true, and if he was, it certainly wasn’t by me. I have a point of reference. I’m white. I do not believe I have ever purposefully discriminated against anyone, pride myself on the fact that I honestly believe I give everyone an equal chance, but can not stand to be lectured to as to why I actually discriminate because I am white. And in my opinion, Obama’s comments on Trayvon and Black Lives Matter we’re purposefully designed to make whitey feel bad about himself. And as I already mentioned, I don’t think Trump is doing an outstanding job in not discriminating against some people because of his comments, but this not about Trump.

But I forget, I have no point of reference because I’m White.

We might as well abandon this discussion. You asked how I felt when Obama was elected. I told you I voted for him, actually did twice because I had a lot of hope for the change he was espousing. Turns out he was not what he promised to be and, in my opinion, actually was more devisive than unifying in many areas. Enough said. You have your position, I have mine.

Where did you come up with the need to tell everyone that Obama didn’t sign the Civil Rights Act? In case you forgot, it was signed by LBJ. I never claimed it was signed by Obama, but once again, it appears you want to change the dialogue to whatever is in support of your position.

Don’t bother responding. i’m done with this pointless discussion.
        1990 2755 - sold
        2005 275 current vessel

Comment

Originally posted by Download_Complete View Post

I don't call you labels and names, Douggy. I can change that if you like, but I generally would rather debate constructively.
          Bullshit.
          Jeff & Tara
          (And Ginger too)
          Lake Havasu City, AZ
          sigpic
          2000 Bayliner 2858
          "GETAWAY"
          MMSI: 338094599
          In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by SomeSailor View Post

Stereotypical white guy logic... "Ask a black guy... he'll tell ya they ALL loved him".

Not true...
            Ahh, yes. Tell me what your experiences are like as a black person.

This should be good.
            Matt Train
            BOC Site Team
            Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Originally posted by SomeSailor View Post

Matt's just got a dose of "white guilt" he needs to work through.
              I don't know where you are gettnig this from but brother, it needs to end, and I mean NOW.

I have black friends. Like t, loathe it (as a Trump supporter I am betting you are in this camp), but I don't care.

I know how they feel and I know what they liked and don't like because I talk to them on a pretty regular basis. I don't know what white guilt is. All I do is try to put myself in someone elses shoes mentally to see their point of view.

That's something you could learn a thing or two on.
              Matt Train
              BOC Site Team
              Chicagoland, IL

Comment

I think in some instances, when he attempted to explain racial overtones to things like the Trayvon Martin shooting, or the fact that he believed that every black male, including himself, had been watched while in stores, and comments like that, most white people cringed and thought to themselves, we don‘t Want to hear any more about how bad black males have it in this country, we want you to come up with policies and programs to make things better for everybody. My interpretation of what he was saying was not doing that, it was, in fact, continuing to divide us further. I think interjecting himself into those situations then appearing to side with the black minority made white people feel like he was only throwing fuel on the racial fire in the country, not working to eliminate it.

it definately changed my mind as to whether or not I would even consider voting for Hillary. I just couldn’t stomach another four or eight years of the degradation of America, and I saw her changing nothing.

And I definately agree with you. WE NEED TERM LIMITS for all elected positions.
                Sorry, I STRONGLY disagree with this. We have never had a black man as President, and Obama was (and remains) the first to bring a voice of black people to the Oval Office. You are not black, you never will be black, and you do not live in an area where you can see how blacks are treated.

Obama brought a voice to those people. White people saw it as pouring fuel on the fire, I don't see it that way. He is bringing to light struggles that have always been there, but YOU haven't seen because you are white. You found it distasteful, but it IS the truth. You cannot legislate racism. Sorry, but you cannot. We have been trying since the Civil War. This country has a big problem with racism. I see it here on the forums, and I see it out in the real world. We have a racist in the oval office now. I never saw race relations this poor under Obama....Trump has done more to piss off vast swaths of this country than anyone, and these are wounds that will not heal in a few months. And I fully believe there is a reckoning coming for Right Wingers and anyone who supports Trump. The honeymoon is about to end.

It's really disingenuous for a white man to tell a black person they don't want to hear any more about how bad it is for a black person. If you cannot see the problem with that, then I guess we have nothing further to talk about.

My friends do not get the same level of freedom that I as a white person get. I can get in my car and drive to the store without a second thought. They get in the car and wonder if they are going to get pulled over and harassed.

That's not right.
                Matt Train
                BOC Site Team
                Chicagoland, IL

Comment

I don't know where you are gettnig this from but brother, it needs to end, and I mean NOW.

I have black friends. Like t, loathe it (as a Trump supporter I am betting you are in this camp), but I don't care.

I know how they feel and I know what they liked and don't like because I talk to them on a pretty regular basis. I don't know what white guilt is. All I do is try to put myself in someone elses shoes mentally to see their point of view.

That's something you could learn a thing or two on.
                  lets see...ya have a black friend so now you know how every black feels? what every black likes and doesnt like? really?
                  1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
                  5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
                  San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more liberal people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

lets see...ya have a black friend so now you know how every black feels? what every black likes and doesnt like? really?
                    Do you have any black friends Mr. Judgemental?

I am just providing a differing point of view from someone who I think is justified to hold that opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but until you move to the south side of Chicago and start interviewing the blacks down there, I am really not interested in your opinion.

Trump supporters are so grossly out of touch with non-whites that it's disgusting.
                    Matt Train
                    BOC Site Team
                    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

No, I didn’t like the message because it was directed at me as being a white person, and it was divisive in my opinion. It was decisive because he told me how he had been followed in stores simply because he was a black man. I don’t know that to be true, and if he was, it certainly wasn’t by me. I have a point of reference. I’m white. I do not believe I have ever purposefully discriminated against anyone, pride myself on the fact that I honestly believe I give everyone an equal chance, but can not stand to be lectured to as to why I actually discriminate because I am white. And in my opinion, Obama’s comments on Trayvon and Black Lives Matter we’re purposefully designed to make whitey feel bad about himself. And as I already mentioned, I don’t think Trump is doing an outstanding job in not discriminating against some people because of his comments, but this not about Trump.

But I forget, I have no point of reference because I’m White.

We might as well abandon this discussion. You asked how I felt when Obama was elected. I told you I voted for him, actually did twice because I had a lot of hope for the change he was espousing. Turns out he was not what he promised to be and, in my opinion, actually was more devisive than unifying in many areas. Enough said. You have your position, I have mine.

Where did you come up with the need to tell everyone that Obama didn’t sign the Civil Rights Act? In case you forgot, it was signed by LBJ. I never claimed it was signed by Obama, but once again, it appears you want to change the dialogue to whatever is in support of your position.

Don’t bother responding. i’m done with this pointless discussion.
                      Well, we might as well abandon all discussion in this forum, since actual discussion is in short supply. So, the political forum can become the home for about 5 people shouting "more winning" and "all democrats suck/are the cause of all evil in universe and only stable genius Trump is making everything awesome with my taxes" and "insert latest tin foil hat theory from extreme right wing web sites".

I'd be focused less on the past and more on what is about to happen.

Ta.

Comment

Do you have any black friends Mr. Judgemental?

I am just providing a differing point of view from someone who I think is justified to hold that opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but until you move to the south side of Chicago and start interviewing the blacks down there, I am really not interested in your opinion.

Trump supporters are so grossly out of touch with non-whites that it's disgusting.
                        you have a very short memory...post #40 yesterday afternoon, in a reply to one of your "I have a black friend" posts

subject: Why are liberals embarrased to admit it

Trump haters are so grossly out of touch with non-whites and whites that it's disgusting.

sooooooo how is it that
                        you know how every black feels? what every black likes and doesnt like?
                        San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

Comment

you have a very short memory...post #40 yesterday afternoon, in a reply to one of your "I have a black friend" posts

subject: Why are liberals embarrased to admit it

Trump haters are so grossly out of touch with non-whites and whites that it's disgusting.

sooooooo how is it that
                          you know how every black feels? what every black likes and doesnt like?
                          No I don't, but I have enough of them to notice a theme. And I trust them over pretty much any Trump supporter here.
                          Matt Train
                          BOC Site Team
                          Chicagoland, IL

Comment

No I don't, but I have enough of them to notice a theme. And I trust them over pretty much any Trump supporter here.
                            "THEM"?

Wow. Just wow. Nothing screams inclusiveness quite like lumping ones "black friends" into a box with a label on it.
                            Mocoondo
                            2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
                            Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
                            MMSI: 338091755

Comment

• hookemdano
                              hookemdano commented
                              Editing a comment
                              oh and he knows how every black feels? what every black likes and doesnt like?

I have enough black friends to notice a theme. And I trust them over pretty much any Trump hater here.

see how that works...

San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

Comment

Working...
                            X