No announcement yet.

Why are liberals embarrased to admit it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone that doesn't want to enforce all the laws, only wants ones they like to be enforced. -
    Republicans....
    Someone that needs government to control their lives.
    Republicans...only they want to control everyone they feel ain't just like them.
    Someone that wants government to control their neighbors lives.
    Republicans..Patriot Act....
    Someone that is very needy for government services, and wants everyone to pay into it so they don't have to pay as much.
    Republican States.......living off the gubmint

Hey, that's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by iceclimber View Post

LOL ! Yes, Trump is leading the way for diversity ! When innocent protesters got killed (run down with a car) he said "both sides were to blame" and about every other day he does or says something racist. See, that's why people are flipping out over his "shithole" comment, and then all the Republicans who were IN THE ROOM lied about it.

You and all Trump base folks simply live in an alternate universe. What you fail to see (or perhaps admit) is you are about to see the GOP of old tear apart.
      I never said I thought Trump was the ldeal for diversity. He speaks as if he has quite a bit of contempt for many people’s. I don’t defend that and do wish he would learn to be a little more tactful in his remarks. I agree with you that the GOP of old is dividing. I have also acknowledged in other posts here that I think the party either needs to reign in the Freedom Caucus, or find some way to get rid of it, but we’ll see how the next three years go.

Regardless of where Trump is headed, you asked the question of how the right felt when Obama was elected. My answer is that I had hope for the country, but he turned out to be a big disappointment.
      1990 2755 - sold
      2005 275 current vessel

Comment

Well Rick, thank you for a thoughtful comment. I wonder though, was it was because Obama was not trying hard enough, or the complete polarization of the electorate. There are a few incidents that stick in my mind, like the day Obama walked over to the house or senate, whichever. Regardless the needle is making drastic swings.

We need term limits.

Comment

Actually, two things. First, Progressives are sick of you and your vitriol on social media and they tend to retreat from those pointless exchanges. I think most folks are willing to have discussions as long as it remains a discussion. Second, every person I know that voted for Trump regrets it. That's because most people I know identify as independent in thought and political leanings. TThe other group that regrets the last election are the Sanders voters that checked out and threw the election, along with other factors.
          Then there is the Trump base that share his views. There is no discussion to be had there. I believe with a few notable exceptions that is the exchange I see here.

Now think back to the day President Obama's election. How exactly did the right react ?
          not a single person I know that voted for Trump regrets it...nope not one....

1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
          5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
          San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

Well Rick, thank you for a thoughtful comment. I wonder though, was it was because Obama was not trying hard enough, or the complete polarization of the electorate. There are a few incidents that stick in my mind, like the day Obama walked over to the house or senate, whichever. Regardless the needle is making drastic swings.

We need term limits.
            I think in some instances, when he attempted to explain racial overtones to things like the Trayvon Martin shooting, or the fact that he believed that every black male, including himself, had been watched while in stores, and comments like that, most white people cringed and thought to themselves, we don‘t Want to hear any more about how bad black males have it in this country, we want you to come up with policies and programs to make things better for everybody. My interpretation of what he was saying was not doing that, it was, in fact, continuing to divide us further. I think interjecting himself into those situations then appearing to side with the black minority made white people feel like he was only throwing fuel on the racial fire in the country, not working to eliminate it.

it definately changed my mind as to whether or not I would even consider voting for Hillary. I just couldn’t stomach another four or eight years of the degradation of America, and I saw her changing nothing.

And I definately agree with you. WE NEED TERM LIMITS for all elected positions.
            1990 2755 - sold
            2005 275 current vessel

Comment

I can't tell you what it is to be black, or for that matter a woman. I can tell you people of color are treated differently, and woman are clearly treated differently as well (different subject) .

I think Obama was 100% stating the truth, I mean what else could he say ? It's true !

In the example you mention, that would not have happened if that kid was white. Wrong person got shot that day in my opinion.

Comment

I can't tell you what it is to be black, or for that matter a woman. I can tell you people of color are treated differently, and woman are clearly treated differently as well (different subject) .

I think Obama was 100% stating the truth, I mean what else could he say ? It's true !

In the example you mention, that would not have happened if that kid was white. Wrong person got shot that day in my opinion.
                your opinion...it is unknowable

so who would have been the correct person to be shot that day?

San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

Comment

My point is I don’t think he needed to interject himself into the situation the way he did. I’m not arguing that he wasn’t right. I’m saying he should have been saying that we’re going to develop initiatives and policies that will insure that these things do not continue to happen in this country. Nobody wants to see anyone shot, and white people certainly do not want to see people of color being shot, but bring something positive out of the tragedy, not continue the same old dialogue about how bad it is. People need a positive vision for the future, not a sermon about how bad it’s been for the past 200 years. I think honestly most people want to improve interpersonal relations in this country, but our leaders (including Trump, right now)are not doing much to help us down that road.

1990 2755 - sold
                  2005 275 current vessel

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_Kenyon View Post

My point is I don’t think he needed to interject himself into the situation the way he did. I’m not arguing that he wasn’t right. I’m saying he should have been saying that we’re going to develop initiatives and policies that will insure that these things do not continue to happen in this country. Nobody wants to see anyone shot, and white people certainly do not want to see people of color being shot, but bring something positive out of the tragedy, not continue the same old dialogue about how bad it is. People need a positive vision for the future, not a sermon about how bad it’s been for the past 200 years. I think honestly most people want to improve interpersonal relations in this country, but our leaders (including Trump, right now)are not doing much to help us down that road.
                    Ask a black person what they think. I know quite a few black people, and all of them adore Obama. THey think he was a great man.

I also happen to have a family member (white) who worked in the WH with Obama, and he tells me they are truly stand up people. Especially in light of what Trump is doing to divide the country, I am sorry, but I don't see where your stance is coming from.

I am moderating my tone here Rick because I think you and I have had some good discussions and I am honestly trying to engage here. I don't see how Obama "tore" this country apart. I DO see him representing black viewpoints more, which may not have agreed with whites, but also added a voice to blacks who are STILL underrepresented at the top of government.

It may not jive with your opinions, but in light of how striated this country is...maybe that's not possible anymore.
                    Matt Train
                    BOC Site Team
                    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Originally posted by Download_Complete View Post

Ask a black person what they think. I know quite a few black people, and all of them adore Obama. THey think he was a great man.

I also happen to have a family member (white) who worked in the WH with Obama, and he tells me they are truly stand up people. Especially in light of what Trump is doing to divide the country, I am sorry, but I don't see where your stance is coming from.

I am moderating my tone here Rick because I think you and I have had some good discussions and I am honestly trying to engage here. I don't see how Obama "tore" this country apart. I DO see him representing black viewpoints more, which may not have agreed with whites, but also added a voice to blacks who are STILL underrepresented at the top of government.

It may not jive with your opinions, but in light of how striated this country is...maybe that's not possible anymore.
                      I also know many black people...some are friends...not all of em think obama is a great man...some do...many do not

San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

Comment

Stereotypical white guy logic... "Ask a black guy... he'll tell ya they ALL loved him".

Not true...
                        Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Ask white people too, you know other than the 3 or 4 white people here.

Comment

Originally posted by hookemdano View Post

your opinion...it is unknowable

so who would have been the correct person to be shot that day?

Um yeah. So Zimmerman would have stopped a white kid ? Right.
                            Regardless I am not interested in digging that BS up again, but what was the President supposed to do, pretend he wasn't a man of color ? He speaks the truth about his experiences and it's "dividing the country" ? What the truth does is make racists realize they are racists.

Comment

Ask white people too, you know other than the 3 or 4 white people here.
                              To assume ALL black people think Obama is the best ever is as ludicrous as saying all white people hated him. It just wasn't so. I liked him... voted for him and wished he had done better things. He wasted a great opportunity inn many ways.

Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

• Rick_Kenyon
                                Rick_Kenyon commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Absolutely, and one which may not present itself again for many years.

Matt, we can agree to have differing opinions. I do not deny that black people have had hundreds of years of suffering in this country, and I do agree that they have been treated unfairly. What bothers me is I don’t feel like any of that was my fault, so I don’t appreciate being told how badly my “white” society is continuing to treat people of color. How are we ever going to get past this stuff if all we ever hear is how badly whites continue to treat Blacks. we’ve been doing things like Affirmative Action, Fair Housing laws, anti discrimination laws, voting rights laws, and on and on. We’ve been doing this since the early 1960’s yet whites continue to be told how badly we continue to treat blacks. Whether or not you think that Obama was saying those things when he talked about the Trayvon Martin shooting, or activities of Black Lives Matter, I just think there needs to be a different approach where people step back from the divide and agree to work in a positive manner going forward to make it better.

Instead of continuing to accentuate all the horrible things which happened over history, we need to move forward in a united effort to live beyond those problems.
                              1990 2755 - sold
                              2005 275 current vessel

Comment

Working...
                              X