Chances are you're a racist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SomeSailor View Post

Nothing entices a logical conversation like a closed mind....
    Dear pot -

I don't know how to say this, but there is something I find distasteful about your hue.

Regards,

Kettle
    Matt Train
    BOC Site Team
    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Originally posted by Download_Complete View Post

We have had this conversation before. There is no middle ground. The country is literally divided.

The reason why I am so against Trump's rhetoric, and "pissing off the other side" is because it is doing exactly this - dividing the country and galvanizing the people who are against him. I am one of those. The man is so reprehensible to me that any value or merit some of his policies have are poisoned by how hover-the-top he is about it.

I don't want to hear about his policies anymore. I want him out. Replace him with someone who is capable of working with the other side but can represent some of Trump's more valid policies, and I am more than willing to meet half way on it.
      If you’re looking for someone better, vote for Mickey Mouse.

Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
      2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
      12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

• canoel
        canoel commented
        Editing a comment
        Great suggestion! He would be much better.

Originally posted by oakplank View Post

If you’re looking for someone better, vote for Mickey Mouse.

At this point, I am pretty sure my dog can do a better job as President than Trump's administration can.
      Matt Train
      BOC Site Team
      Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_Kenyon View Post
        Wow. I’ve been involved in a number of these conversations over the past few months. I can now honestly say there appears to be no middle ground. You either support the left without question, or support the right without question. It’s getting old and pointless to me. I think I’m going to bow out and let you young bucks continue the arguments.
        Rick you might have noticed I've not supported the left in any post. I've been against anyone that is racist or homophobic. I am against Trump even before he thought about politics. There are some on here now that are making BOC PP a joke. There are some like Kevin and Matt that post and make good points. Then we have a few that only launch personal attacks it's a shame I've enjoyed your posts.
        Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
        The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

Thanks. I’m just takin a time out to clear my mind. I’ll likely be back and will try to keep my posting to subjects that don’t become so inflammatory. I enjoy hearing the discussions. What bothers me so much is that we have become so polarized on here and in this country. Just so you all know, I am probably more correctly identified as a Libertarian than anything else. I don’t completely believe in the left’s agenda, and don’t Completely believe in the right’s agenda.
          1990 2755 - sold
          2005 275 current vessel

Comment

• Iproff
            Iproff commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree 100%. Time away sounds like a good idea I have discussed that with a few people today.

Originally posted by Rick_Kenyon View Post
          Just so you all know, I am probably more correctly identified as a Libertarian than anything else. I don’t completely believe in the left’s agenda, and don’t Completely believe in the right’s agenda.
          I am hardly Libertarian, but I definitely agree with this. I don't identify right or left...I am straight down the center. Some ofthers here have attempted to label me a lefty, but I think that's simply a function of them being SO far right, anyone left of them is a lefty.

Matt Train
          BOC Site Team
          Chicagoland, IL

Comment

YOU are definitely left of center Matt.
            Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

• canoel
              canoel commented
              Editing a comment
              I see Matt as a normal level headed individual. The rest, well, enough said.

Originally posted by Download_Complete View Post

I am hardly Libertarian, but I definitely agree with this. I don't identify right or left...I am straight down the center. Some ofthers here have attempted to label me a lefty, but I think that's simply a function of them being SO far right, anyone left of them is a lefty.

I'm of the opinion that MOST people probably land somewhere in the middle when you start asking where they stand on each issue. I also agree that some are so far right that they are essentially unwilling to even entertain anything or anyone that is even a little towards center. To not be aligned with them is egregious.

Paul
            US Army (Retired), Federal Way, WA

1990 Bayliner 3288 - the "Janna Lea"
            MMSI: 338181912

Comment

But I think rather than looking at things issue by issue... everyone on this sub-forum defends a point as if their life depends on it and then just assumes that everyone else is against them somehow.

If I had to choose, I'd say I fall on the left of more issues than the right, but i also have a strong vein of Libertarian in me that believes BOTH sides are way too into our business as citizens.
              Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

• O1dSoldier
                O1dSoldier commented
                Editing a comment
                The purpose of government is to govern. I've heard the complaints of government being too much into "our" business but in most cases the arguments don't hold water and/or tend to take a very narrow view.

In my opinion (and these are examples) -
                - if something impacts the entire country, it should be managed at the Federal level
                - if there are efficiencies or economies of scale to be gained by managing at the Federal level, then so be it
                - if things like EPA rules benefit the greater good yet cause industries like coal to die off for example, I for one am good with that
                - protecting our environment and other natural resources that would be damaged by coal usage out weighs the few who would need to find another profession
                - should the government require everyone to get some skin in the game and require every individual to buy medical insurance I am also good with that

Conversely -
                - by and large states manage their education system
                - many states' education systems suck and barely manage to meet Federal minimums
                - if you move your kids from one state to another, in some cases you run the risk of them being behind (bad) or ahead (eventually bad), there is little consistency

I'd certainly be interested to hear about laws that are currently Federal laws that should be state laws and why.
            Working...
            X