Chances are you're a racist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iproff View Post
    The FBI released hundreds of pages related to a 1970s housing discrimination lawsuit against Trump

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...ination-2017-2
    You got mail.

Comment

• Iproff
      Iproff commented
      Editing a comment
      Dad's on the phone will call soon

It's easy to label someone as a Racist or any other kind of ist or some kind of Phobic. I can label anyone on this forum, however by doing so I'm labeling myself, so we all need to be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by hookemdano View Post

well...according to you lefties...if someone asks you if you are a racist and then that person says he is not a racist...then he must be a racist...
      Try to answer the question. What does it take in actions or words for you to consider someone a racist ? Is there anything at all ?

Comment

Originally posted by donyt View Post

Try to answer the question. What does it take in actions or words for you to consider someone a racist ? Is there anything at all ?
        you go first...I see you have not said what you consider to make someone a racist...I will ponder till your reply
        1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
        5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
        San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

you go first...I see you have not said what you consider to make someone a racist...I will ponder till your reply
          That's what I thought Trumpies don't think anything is racist.

Comment

• hookemdano
            hookemdano commented
            Editing a comment
            well...I dont see YOU saying anything ...still waiting

In 1975, Trump agreed to a consent decree, whereby no admission of wrongdoing would be given, however, his management company was ordered to take out ads telling ethnic minorities that they were welcome to seek housing at Trump properties.

when the government takes you to court because you won't rent to ethnic or people of colour your a racist.
          Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
          The village idiot strikes again.

Comment

soooooooooooo here we go again....lproff never did answer....will you answer this question....are YOU a racist?
            I went to 6 different schools by the time I was in 9th grade as we moved from one small town to another. The kind of towns where everyone is related to each other by blood, marriage, or both. Our clothes came from Goodwill or the Salvation Army and Thanksgiving “Turkey” was always one of the numerous chickens we had running around outside our latest trailer house. Food stamps and free school lunches were a part of life. I learned early on that the people who share your skin color will treat you far worse than those of a different one. Shortly after I went onto the military Sergeant Kenny Bell took me under his wing. He got me started on college classes and over time on nights and weekends I first earned an undergraduate degree and more than one advanced degrees. He helped me break the habit of saying things like “ain’t” and “we was” and start saying things like “may I” over “can I”. He taught me that where I came from didn’t have to determine where I’d go.

That was over 30 years ago. Then Sergeant, now Master Sergeant Retired Kenney Bell is still my friend, his wife is the older sister I never had, his (now adult) kids call me Uncle, and he continues to be a guide and mentor to me even now so many years later.

Ken is black. He is also my oldest and closest friend and someone I admire, respect, and to whom I attribute much of my success today to kindness he and his family showed me early on.

Am I a racist? Racism is a disease that afflicts the ignorant and closed minded which I am neither. So, to answer your question, no I am not.

But I have seen racism, close-up and ugly and as a result believe I know a racist when I see one and Mr. Trump is most certainly a racist even if he thinks he is not. Or he is so ridiculously ignorant that he has no idea that what he says and does sure paints the picture of racism however if we are to believe what he says, he is a “stable genius” which if true puts him squarely in the racist bucket.

Paul
            US Army (Retired), Federal Way, WA

1990 Bayliner 3288 - the "Janna Lea"
            MMSI: 338181912

Comment

Originally posted by O1dSoldier View Post

I went to 6 different schools by the time I was in 9th grade as we moved from one small town to another. The kind of towns where everyone is related to each other by blood, marriage, or both. Our clothes came from Goodwill or the Salvation Army and Thanksgiving “Turkey” was always one of the numerous chickens we had running around outside our latest trailer house. Food stamps and free school lunches were a part of life. I learned early on that the people who share your skin color will treat you far worse than those of a different one. Shortly after I went onto the military Sergeant Kenny Bell took me under his wing. He got me started on college classes and over time on nights and weekends I first earned an undergraduate degree and more than one advanced degrees. He helped me break the habit of saying things like “ain’t” and “we was” and start saying things like “may I” over “can I”. He taught me that where I came from didn’t have to determine where I’d go.

That was over 30 years ago. Then Sergeant, now Master Sergeant Retired Kenney Bell is still my friend, his wife is the older sister I never had, his (now adult) kids call me Uncle, and he continues to be a guide and mentor to me even now so many years later.

Ken is black. He is also my oldest and closest friend and someone I admire, respect, and to whom I attribute much of my success today to kindness he and his family showed me early on.

Am I a racist? Racism is a disease that afflicts the ignorant and closed minded which I am neither. So, to answer your question, no I am not.

But I have seen racism, close-up and ugly and as a result believe I know a racist when I see one and Mr. Trump is most certainly a racist even if he thinks he is not. Or he is so ridiculously ignorant that he has no idea that what he says and does sure paints the picture of racism however if we are to believe what he says, he is a “stable genius” which if true puts him squarely in the racist bucket.
              May I just say thank you?

Really inspiring post.
              Matt Train
              BOC Site Team
              Chicagoland, IL

Comment

• O1dSoldier
                O1dSoldier commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Matt.

There are many whose race started off far more rocky than mine and I'm not trying to diminish their story only to maybe add some perspective. I was lucky to have a few good folks of various shades help me find my stride for which I am eternally grateful.

Anyway, I hear Mr. Trump has an affinity for the people of Norway; perhaps I can gain credibility with his followers via my lineage which is 100% Norwegian. :-)

• canoel
                canoel commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree Matt! Well said.

Here you go How's this for a start !
              1. Donald Trump kicked off his 2016 presidential bid by disparaging Mexican immigrants.
                1. “They are not our friend, believe me,” he said. “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
              2. According to The New York Times, Trump said during a meeting in June that Haitians “all have AIDS.” The White House vehemently denied the report.
              3. Trump said that Nigerian immigrants wouldn’t ever “go back to their huts” in Africa.
              4. In addition to immigrants, the president has also faced criticism for “racist” comments about people from other countries regardless of their immigration status.
                1. Trump said that Afghanistan is a “terrorist haven.”
                2. During the 2016 presidential election, Trump called out a Gold Star Muslim family and insinuated that the mother wasn’t talking because she was Muslim. “If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say. You tell me,” Trump said in an interview with ABC News in July.
                3. In May 2016, Trump said that federal judge Gonzalo Curiel couldn’t hear the Trump University case fairly because he’s Mexican. “We’re building a wall between here and Mexico. The answer is, He is giving us very unfair rulings—rulings that people can’t even believe,” he said.
              5. Before his career as a politician, Trump allegedly wouldn’t rent to black people back in the 1970s. This led to his company being sued twice by the Justice Department for discrimination.
              6. Trump retweeted an anti-Semitic meme.
              7. He was called a racist in November after he said this to Navajo Code Talkers: “I just want to thank you because you’re very, very special people. You were here long before any of us were here, although we have a representative in Congress who, they say, was here a long time ago. They call her ‘Pocahontas.’ But you know what, I like you because you are special. You are special people.”
              8. Trump claimed that President Barack Obama was not born in the United States.
              9. When Trump addressed the Republican Jewish Coalition in December 2015, he called himself “a negotiator like you folks,” which many people said brought up Jewish stereotypes.
              10. Trump once said, “Laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that,” according to John R. O’Donnell, author of the 1991 book Trumped!
              11. The president blamed “many sides” for neo-Nazi violence last year.
              12. Trump retweeted anti-Muslim propaganda from a far-right British group last November.
              13. During the 2016 presidential election, Trump pointed to a black man and said, “Look at my African-American over there.”
              14. He retweeted false statistics about white homicide victims after a black activist was kicked and punched at one of Trump’s rallies in Alabama.
              15. Trump asked African-American reporter April Ryan to set up a meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus. Prior to this exchange, he said that many African-Americans were “living in hell,” in reference to conditions in inner cities, Politico reported.
              16. Donald Trump referred to immigrants from Haiti and African nations as coming from “shithole countries,” “Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to the publication and others who attended the meeting. He later suggested that the U.S. should bring in more immigrants from countries like Norway. He later added, “Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out,” according to the Post.
              If you agree with and voice these statements you are a Racist
              If you agree with these statements but say nothing you are a Closet Racist
              If you voted for Trump and continue to support him or believe it is Fake then you may be a Racist but even worse you are likely delusional and should Never, Never be allowed near a voting booth again !

Comment

Trump supporters by and large are delusional, and possibly terminally stupid.
                Matt Train
                BOC Site Team
                Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Originally posted by Download_Complete View Post
                  Trump haters by and large are delusional, and p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶y̶ terminally stupid.
                  1997 Bayliner Trophy 2352
                  5.7 Mercruiser/Alpha I Gen II /Full Closed Cooling
                  San Diego, CA

HookEmDanO out ......

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs !

Comment

Trump haters by and large are delusional, and p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶y̶ terminally stupid.
                    At least my beliefs are rooted in logic and verifiable information. I find it funny how some of you called Obama the Liar in Chief, only to be replaced by a man who completely redefines the term.
                    Matt Train
                    BOC Site Team
                    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Originally posted by Download_Complete View Post
                      Nothing entices a logical conversation like a closed mind....

Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

• Iproff
                        Iproff commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You mean like Trump's conversations.

Wow. I’ve been involved in a number of these conversations over the past few months. I can now honestly say there appears to be no middle ground. You either support the left without question, or support the right without question. It’s getting old and pointless to me. I think I’m going to bow out and let you young bucks continue the arguments.
                      1990 2755 - sold
                      2005 275 current vessel

Comment

• canoel
                        canoel commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not only is your country divided, but you also have the trumpies vs the rest of the civilized world. Trumpies are a small minority.

Originally posted by Rick_Kenyon View Post
                      Wow. I’ve been involved in a number of these conversations over the past few months. I can now honestly say there appears to be no middle ground. You either support the left without question, or support the right without question. It’s getting old and pointless to me. I think I’m going to bow out and let you young bucks continue the arguments.
                      We have had this conversation before. There is no middle ground. The country is literally divided.

The reason why I am so against Trump's rhetoric, and "pissing off the other side" is because it is doing exactly this - dividing the country and galvanizing the people who are against him. I am one of those. The man is so reprehensible to me that any value or merit some of his policies have are poisoned by how hover-the-top he is about it.

I don't want to hear about his policies anymore. I want him out. Replace him with someone who is capable of working with the other side but can represent some of Trump's more valid policies, and I am more than willing to meet half way on it.
                      Matt Train
                      BOC Site Team
                      Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Working...
                      X