Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anchor Pulpit Modification and Rebuild

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anchor Pulpit Modification and Rebuild

    Well, at least this project came about because of me using the boat! Beautiful 4th of July weekend out with my girl and the old anchor roller finally shattered. The pulpit was rotten to begin with, but I was putting it off until I absolutely had to mess with it. Well, the boat let me know it was time. I opted to use what I think is a standard sized roller (3") and open the slot up to accept it and allow a regular shackle to pass through. I also lopped off the end and shaped the horns to nest my Manson Supreme, instead of it wedging up under the pulpit. Standard recore and fiberglass job. Really disappointed in bayliner and any PO. There is zero trace of any sealant anywhere at any time this thing has existed. Also, in hindsight I would have been better off just building a new pulpit. But it is fun none the less! I'm working on finishing it up. Gelcoat underneath, topside paint on the top. I'm not going for fancy, I just want to be back at anchor asap. Bench top testing has the anchor slipping right over the horns. Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    . . .It places the lotion in the Basket. . .and that basket happens to be in a 1987 Bayliner 3870 w/ Hino 175's

    #2
    Funny how the boat tells you stuff.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

    Comment


      #3
      Looks like it's coming along nicely!!!

      KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 DOS PECES - SEWARD ALASKA - LA PAZ BCS MEXICO


      Whats the weather like on the boat
      https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide


      Where am I right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/2R02

      Comment


        #4
        I did the same repair. My bow light wasn't working and when I removed the tape that held the wire on the inside, the connecter pulverized. I pulled the bolts out and the deck core was wet (evidenced by moldy monkey fur), and so was the wood in the bowpulpit. Sealant between deck and pulpit was minimal and deteriorated. Water seeped around it and came throught the bolt openings.
        I cut out the old wet wood from the pulpit and replaced it with left-over Coosaboard. New nav light. Dried out the deck. Sealed very well between deck and pulpit, reinstalled, sealed the bolts on top. After the first rain the inside was wet again.... the steel bracket that holds the roller needs to be sealed to the pulpit, and the bolts holding it need to be sealed! Water will go under it (the diamond plate pattern will make sure of that), through the bolt holes, and run over or under the wood and goes through the bolt holes that hold your pulpit to the deck. Once I sealed that roller bracket I have no more leaks. I guess I didn't use enough epoxy on the top or the bottom and water found a way to the rear.
        1989 2159 Trophy Hardtop
        5.8L OMC Cobra
        2 1/2 year restoration project after "all you need to do is put the rebuilt engine back in".
        Mountlake Terrace, WA

        Comment

        Working...
        X