No announcement yet.

NEW MEMBER / NEW TO BAYLINER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my totally different boat the accessory switch (on-off-on) runs a heater fan. My brand new Norcold fridge has an inline fuse on the back.
    Just to give you some ideas of what to look for

Google this and it takes you to your owners manual that has all the electrical schematics:

1996 bayliner 2655 ciera sunbridge manual
    1989 2159 Trophy Hardtop
    5.8L OMC Cobra
    2 1/2 year restoration project after "all you need to do is put the rebuilt engine back in".
    Mountlake Terrace, WA

Comment

Ok thanks, ill hold on the accessory switches until I have something to connect to them.
      but I'm pulling out the fridge Sunday to see whats going on..
      I'll get back next week with progress.

Comment

Greetings Boaters,
        today was battery charger replacement
        And
        Sound system day.
        Batteries are charging and sound system sounds great!
        I love playing Jazz while on the water.
        Stay Tuned.
        Attached Files

Comment

Welcome aboard!
          Jim Gandee
          1989 3888
          Hino 175's
          Fire Escape
          [email protected]
          Alamitos Bay, SoCal

Comment

I love the pics. Can't wait to see more.
            1996 2655Cierra Sunbridge - Oak Harbor, WA

Comment

Doe anyone have a humminbird depth guage in good condition they won't to get rid of? I have a 1996 ciera 2655, try to keep original but can't find them anywhere. I redid the dash, I will.post the new LED Switches this weekend.
              Attached Files

Comment

If... you are looking at adding screens, with wifi, the Vexilar Sonarphone T200 integrates wirelessly with Navionics. I used that to get around my 1989 depthfinder that went dark last year. A repair shop around here is charging $129 an hour to fix it, if they can even find parts. If I can find a 5.5×5.5 tablet that will be my new depthfinder.
                1989 2159 Trophy Hardtop
                5.8L OMC Cobra
                2 1/2 year restoration project after "all you need to do is put the rebuilt engine back in".
                Mountlake Terrace, WA

Comment

• MacGod
                  MacGod commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was trying to find something that I could just plug and play. Ill see if they can find what I need.
                  I realized that I have a Hull Transducer... but can't find the darn thing.
                  Lol.
                  Thanks

• MacGod
                  MacGod commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are you saying you want to use the 5x5 tablet to use with wifi?

Nice work!
                As this thread has turned into upgrading all your different systems etc. I’ll move it over to projects in progress.
                Keep up the good work👍🏼
                Dave
                Edmonds, WA
                "THE FIX" '93 2556
                Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II
                The Rebuild Of My 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
                My Misc. Projects
                https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

All done... came out pretty nice.

Comment

Yes, I want my 5.5 x5.5 (up to 5.5x7) to work with wifi and it preferably have gps. The old LCD5000 is in the center of the instrument panel. Any wider and it covers the other instruments, any higher and it blocks the compass, I'll have to make a holder for it to stay in the panel portrait mode. Samsung made a nice 7" tablet few years ago that many motorcycle enthousiast used, but now everything they have is larger. My wife brought home a device that could potentially work, but it will not log on to wifi without sim card, and the screen is unreadable in daylight. It is a 7" Asus AT&T tablet phone from a few years ago.

Your hull transducer should be towards the back of the boat, close to the center. Look for 2 wires (grey on mine) coming out of a hockeypuck sized bump in the bilge. Mine is just outside the SB engine stringer.
                    Attached Files
                    1989 2159 Trophy Hardtop
                    5.8L OMC Cobra
                    Mountlake Terrace, WA

Comment

• MacGod
                      MacGod commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ok thanks I will look for it.
                      Check AliBaba and Ebay for some Chinese wifi tabs.
                  Working...
                  X