NEW MEMBER / NEW TO BAYLINER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW MEMBER / NEW TO BAYLINER

Purchased a 1996 Ciera Sunbridge 2655. I little bit of a project, but im looking for the getting her back on the water.
    Looking for a Used Swim Platform.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the BOC!

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 DOS PECES - SEWARD ALASKA - LA PAZ BCS MEXICO

Whats the weather like on the boat
    https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where am I right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/2R02

Comment

Welcome!
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

Welcome!

Be sure to start a thread on the project and post pictures, we love them.
        1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

Well my first task will be to get the cabin lilghts on... Looking for the switch. I will change the toggles and switches first

Comment

Originally posted by MacGod View Post
            Well my first task will be to get the cabin lilghts on... Looking for the switch. I will change the toggles and switches first
            Those would be 12VDC powered so the battery switch must be on then you can turn them on by the light switch. Can't tell you where the switch is on this model.

Mike

Comment

• MacGod
              MacGod commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. Will remember that

Welcome! In my 2855, the battery switch had to be on (in the engine bay), then the switches were on the wall just off your right shoulder as you go down the stairs (there were 4 switches). Generally, the switches don't go bad - hope that helps out.
            1997 Bayliner 2588 Cierra 7.4 Bravo 1 - Mahal
            (past)1997 Bayliner 4788 w/330 Cummins - Phoenix
            (past) 1987 Bayliner 3218 w/135 Hino - True Story

Comment

• MacGod
              MacGod commented
              Editing a comment
              I have 2 switches by the sink. I'll changes fuses next weekend. That may be my issue.

• MacGod
              MacGod commented
              Editing a comment
              Old and corroded fuses were the culprits.
              Got most working. thanks

Nice boat! I just bought a 1994 2655. My cabin lights have individual switches on each. I'm not sure if there's a master switch on the circuit panel. I bet there is. I'd look but it's at the shop right now. I'd love to see some more pics as well.
            1996 2655Cierra Sunbridge - Oak Harbor, WA

Comment

• MacGod
              MacGod commented
              Editing a comment
              .y wife has had me busy all month, but march will be all mine.
              Anxious to redo my instrument panel. I own a sign and printing shop where I did my instrument panel for my last boat. Came out perfect. I've done the artwork to recreate the panel. I will re do it with black acrylic.

Comment

This is the art work for the instrument panel. Its pretty precise will run a cardboard sample first. Then laser cut the acrylic.

Comment

This is the before during and after 1988 Sun Runner.
                I hope I do just as well withthe 2655

Comment

Nice work with the panels.

Mike

Comment

• MacGod
                    MacGod commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thanks, will post when i get it done.

That's a nice talent there Mac! That's awesome. I can't wait to see your 2655 dash. I do some 3D printing at home, both FDM and SLA. I used to own a company where we did it night and day. I like that acrylic.
                  1996 2655Cierra Sunbridge - Oak Harbor, WA

Comment

• MacGod
                    MacGod commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you. My shop is primarily a t-shirt and sign shop. but when i went to the place to have my dash redone, they made the mistake of letting me in the back.
                    the artwork alone was $300+, the they showed me the materials and equipment.... Well i had all that stuff at my shop and im a graphic designer by trade. sooooo i politely said thanks and got to work. Although it came out beautiful aand i was able to customize it , by deep engraving first with the protective paper still on it, spray painting and sealing it before i took off ... this was still the third attempt...as they say the third time is a charm.

• MacGod
                    MacGod commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Im anxious to do the panel but have to figure out how to get the steering wheel off. i saw some YOU TUBE videos, so i will try it soon,

Greetings all,
                  I've been working on my electricals and instrument panel switches.
                  I have most everything working except for a few things I will list below.
                  I created a graphic layout of my fuse box (which I've attached) but still have a few I cant figure out.
                  Maybe you guys can help me out with the ones I'm missing.
                  As far as the dash switches go I have 8 out of 10 working.

1. The two switches at the end labeled ACCESSORIES are not truing anything on. Are they spare switches?
                  2. Cant find the refrigerator fuse or switch. Do I need to pull it out to find another fuse?
                  3. Don't know if the water heater works nor do I know where or if there is a fuse for it, or how to trouble shoot it.
                  4. Lastly, Under my entry step I have my fresh water pump and another pump, I the second pump a shower / sump pump?

I know this is a bit, but since I don't have a manual that will explain these things I thought Id just ask.
                  hope the graphic layout will help anyone else and I will update it as I find the missing links.

Thanks in advance.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The accessory switches are extras that the owner can use for add ons. The refrigerator is probably dual voltage and uses 12V DC when not on shore power. Shore power panel should have a breaker marked refrigerator. Likewise the water heater requires shore power.

Mike

Comment

• MacGod
                      MacGod commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh Wow... I never would have traced the frige back to the panel for trouble shooting, but it makes sense... This is my first boat with the water heater so i was clueless.
                      I really appreciate it.
                      Thanks

• MacGod
                      MacGod commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the info.
                      I got the water heater working, very hot water.
                      Pulled the fridge out, no fuse. So I think the fridge is bad.
                  Working...
                  X