4588 Stateroom hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4588 Stateroom hatch

I have a few leaks coming from the 2 hatches in the overhead of the master stateroom. Has anyone had to replace these hatches and where did you purchase them from? I do believe they are 20 1/4 x 20 1/4? Any advice is welcome. I have searched local shops here in Alaska but have not been able to locate any!

They are pretty easy to remove and reseal with 4200 ...the lense can removed and replaced with new from a local plastic shop (have them
    do the cut out and holes and just reseal with silicone...the rubber seal you can find at defender or other places that sell bomar parts
    Mark
    USCG OUPV
    1990 4588
    Carlsbad, CA

Comment

This subject was on " Bayliner/Meridian Motoryachts" a week or so .... I replaced our Hatches with "Lewmar Low Profile" Hatches.size 60. You can also get a screen/cover attachment. Great if you want to sleep in late or get fresh air without mosquitos.
      Brad & Sharon
      Lady Jake
      1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
      Anacortes/La Conner, Wa.

Comment

I replaced the latch handles, sealing O rings and adjusted spacers. This solved my leaks. Water puddling on the hatch plastic or hard direct wash water seemed to be a culprit. O rings and spacer adjustments solved for me. But my sealing rubber around the hatch edge was still supple.
        1990 4588

Comment

Working...
        X