insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insurance

Got a call this mornig from the insurance company. So soory but there has been soooo many claims that the price this year is skyroketing by 20%. Umm, that is the same rhing you said last year...so a huricane hits florida and i have to pay for on the west coast? Pretty much they said.

anybody else getting hit with that line this year?

It’s hard to say. My renewal is not until April. Insurance companies often look at year end investment returns and the years claim rate to set the next years premium. If your policy renews in January then you might be the first to see the new rates. If your renewal is in December then it might be time to shop.

The other issue is that I have a very comprehensive yacht/liveaboard policy. It covers way more than just the hull. A 20% increase in hull coverage might only show up as a 5% increase in the policy. Meaning, if you have one of those stripped down boat insurance policies your increase might be way more noticeable.

in the past I have not noticed premium increases on the west coast because of Florida hurricane losses. On the other hand that might be why my broker switched me from Markel to Red Shield in the past.
    Azzurra
    Seattle, WA
    Ocean Alexander 54

Comment

I we have similar coverage, pretty comprehensive as well on my end as well. Me broker swtiched me as well last year and is shopping again this year. theres not that many decent and well established companies out there that are trustable in the end, plus its canada. I guess ill find out shortly, im just not used to hearing my rates affected from other peoples mishaps. I get huge discounts on cars and bikes based on my driving record, doesent matter how many fender bebders the other people have, so its a new one for me.

Comment

We have been with Chubb for many years with no complaints. There have been years in the past where they threatened to raise our premium but we talked them out of most of it. Sometimes I think it is more the broker than the insurance company.

Comment

Yep! Mine went up as well. I was with seaworthy who is now geico marine.

Seems silly to me that as a west coast boater I have to pay for bad weather riske on the east coast, but I suppose thats the breaks...

I’m paying about 1% of my boats insured value for coverage which includes 2m in liability coverage.

KEVIN SANDERS
          4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
          where are we right now​​​​​​???​

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

Comment

Umm, im a bit bellow that at about .7%. Sounds like i have nothing to complain about.

Comment

I got a message last year from my insurance that my engines were too old (1988) to cover and the coverage was being dropped unless I provided proof I re-powered.
              ASD LIVING THE DREAM!!

Comment

As far as legalized, organized crime in this country, second only to the government is insurance companies. Charging the West Coast boaters for damaged caused to boaters on the East Coast is wrong. That is the same as saying there are more car accidents in NY state so we are upping the insurance rates on those who live in Oregon or Idaho with a fraction of the population.

Comment

Can anyone recommend me the best broker from the list mentioned in this site:- https://evokefinance.com/best-binary-options-brokers/

Comment

• Tiltrider1
                    Tiltrider1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    binary option trading is a scam. This is a scam post. This post should be deleted.

Cannot comment on that this year, moved up from a 33 ft. Trojan to a 45 ft. Bayliner. Still trying to recover from the increase from doing that. Hopefully what you are talking about does not continue next year.

Comment

Working...
                  X