Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many are SUMMER liveaboards? How many winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many are SUMMER liveaboards? How many winter?

I am technically a stayaboard. I have a home on a lake, and a boat, and a wife.

I stay on my boat most of the time, so I’m a stayaboard. My wife has joined me on the boat a fair amount, and we just came back from 6 days at sea shrimping.

My time is winter and summer, but I am still working. When I retire me, and my wife if she chooses to go, will head south for the winters, and then my boat life will probably primarily be in the winters as an escape for Alaska’s cold.

What is YOUR liveaboard life? Winter, Summer, or both???

As a couple, or just you?

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

We summer in the boat, while cruising the PNW from about May to end of October. We have a 40 ft diesel Pusher Motorhome that we use to travel all over the US in the cooler months. We also have time shares we use to travel abroad or even use for ship cruises. After retiring, we sold the house (in So. Cal) and headed for somewhere that was not So. Cal. We have been enjoying being able to travel and spend time exploring. Presently we are sitting on the boat in Judd Bay, Orcus Island Eastsound. We will be headed for Swift bay then Blind Bay. We try to spend as much time on the hook, and take dingy runs to explore. How could things be any better! We are Blessed!
    Destiny
    Bayliner 5288
    Port Ludlow, WA

Comment

Originally posted by ken5288 View Post
      We summer in the boat, while cruising the PNW from about May to end of October. We have a 40 ft diesel Pusher Motorhome that we use to travel all over the US in the cooler months. We also have time shares we use to travel abroad or even use for ship cruises. After retiring, we sold the house (in So. Cal) and headed for somewhere that was not So. Cal. We have been enjoying being able to travel and spend time exploring. Presently we are sitting on the boat in Judd Bay, Orcus Island Eastsound. We will be headed for Swift bay then Blind Bay. We try to spend as much time on the hook, and take dingy runs to explore. How could things be any better! We are Blessed!
      Ken, that sounds like the perfect retirement plan!

You are truly blessed!

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
      www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

We spend the summer in Seward AK each year, too hot in Florida, although it is quite warm here in Seward, AK.
        We have extensive fires in this part of Alaska, the smoke is near unbearable, should be wearing one of my chemical respirators!
        Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
        Twin 350 GM power
        Located in Seward, AK
        Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Like Ken5288 we too spend the summers on the boat from beginning of April to early October in the PNW out of Nanaimo. We like it so much here that our plan is to go back home to Ontario for the winter and sell the house in the spring and move out here permanently.
          P/C Bob Hicks JN
          Dock Holiday, 1992 Bayliner 3888 Double Cabin Flybridge Cruiser
          Twin Hino W04TI 210 HP Diesels with Hurth HSW630A 2.0:1 Trannys
          Westerbeke 8.0 BTD-614 8KW Genset
          Avon 9 ft 6 in Tender with a Tohatsu M8B 8HP outboard
          Currently moored at Stones in Nanamio, B.C.

Comment

We Summer the great PNW May to mid September then shuffle off to Kaulia Kona.....Then repeat as necessary
            Brad & Sharon
            Lady Jake
            1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
            LaConner,Wa. (summer)
            2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
            kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

Working...
            X