No announcement yet.

New boat alarm system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh- I see. I was surprised that I could not find any Zwave battery bank voltage monitoring sensors. I don't have an SOC meter, so I'd have to come up with home built solution.

Comment

Originally posted by gsholz View Post
      Ahh- I see. I was surprised that I could not find any Zwave battery bank voltage monitoring sensors. I don't have an SOC meter, so I'd have to come up with home built solution.
      The easiest thing to do is add a SOC meter for about $190

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
      where are we right now​​​​​​???​

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

Comment

Kev - are you on shore power when lv alarm is set to 12.25?
        1989 Bayliner 4588
        Portsmouth, NH

Comment

Originally posted by Irony View Post
          Kev - are you on shore power when lv alarm is set to 12.25?
          Yes, that is correct. The normal float voltaghe for a 12V bank is approx 2.25 volts per cell or 13.5 volts. If the battery charger is turned off the voltaghe drops to 12.25 volts in about 10 minutes depending on the load.

The cool thing is that any of the alarm notifications can be enabled or disdabled in the smartthings app, very easily. This way you can disable say shore and battery power alarms while out cruising.

On my Xantrex Lonk 1000 SOC meter I can change the set point for the alarm function pretty easily. I just settled on 12.25 voltys but a persdon can choose whatever works for them.

I did investigate a direct reading solution form a company called Fortrezz called the MIMO, but the manufacturer is not keeping up with software revisions to it’s driver. I think it’s more of a OEM device, meant for someone to write a driver for it and re-sell. That’s why I went with the contact closure solution.

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

Thank you for all that info, I have been trying to figure out a system as well and may copy a good portion, here in the north east while she sits on the hard I wind up bringing most of the tools I need for a day of tinkering, with an alarm I might leave tools onboard, not to mention value of high water during the in season......hey Kevin on our trip to Seward this august we just might pick your brain over dinner if you happen to be available. Just a fair warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Georgeviking View Post
              Thank you for all that info, I have been trying to figure out a system as well and may copy a good portion, here in the north east while she sits on the hard I wind up bringing most of the tools I need for a day of tinkering, with an alarm I might leave tools onboard, not to mention value of high water during the in season......hey Kevin on our trip to Seward this august we just might pick your brain over dinner if you happen to be available. Just a fair warning.
              Sounds Great! I’m easy to find F-33 Can’t miss the boat.

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

Here are some screen shots from the new app

Click image for larger version

Name:	352A620F-75E3-4799-9204-BB7821241AED.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	516077Click image for larger version

Name:	063907C5-6237-42A6-90FF-D30DF5B6BD9E.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	516075Click image for larger version

Name:	5578F075-F41D-4039-ABF1-FF701015C4BD.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	516076

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

Looks neat. With many devices from multiple vendors you are essentially performing the integration test. How reliable is the overall system? Any false alarms, devices disconnecting, driver bugs?

Comment

I have had no disconnects or anything like that.

The only issue I have had is that motion sensors can false alert when the sun hits them.
                    I am looking for a setting that requires two motion sensors to both detect prior to raising an alarm.

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

I am too happy tonight. I discovered a new bit of software that allowed me to create a easy to use alarm system panel for my boat. The screen shot is from my ipad. The software cost me all of $28 and is by a company called Actiontiles. What a Great addition to my alarm system! If anything in green goes into alarm it shows up red and the symbol changes on my panel.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name: E1B00B30-F8C6-4389-B7F1-5A5C66E488AB.png Views: 0 Size: 256.2 KB ID: 2924","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"516136","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]
                      Attached Files

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

Is there a more user friendly "plug & play" version of this type of system on the market?

Comment

Working...
                        X