MY 2021 TRIP PLANS TO.... FLORIDA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY 2021 TRIP PLANS TO.... FLORIDA.

WILL LOVE TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF MY BUCKET LIST: A TRIP TO FLORIDA AND BAHAMAS ISLANDS FROM UPPER CHESAPEAKE BAY VIA INTERCOSTAL.
    DID I SPARK ANY INTEREST? ANY ONE EVER DID? OK, ANY INFO ABOUT IT WOULD BE HELPFUL. THANKS
    1989 3818 "MARECHIARO"
    Upper Chesapeake Bay

Haven’t done it, but would love to one day.

Comment

While I’ve never done it the owner of the marina I used to be at in Middle River did this every year for the winter. He went down the Bay them into the ICW to Florida them out to the Grand Bahamas. He had a 46’ Wellcraft.
      1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

It’s in my plans, just the pesky job thing is in the way.
        And like boat projects, my bucket list keeps on growing, so I think it is bottomless.
        Esteban
        Huntington Beach, California
        2018 Element 16
        Currently looking for 32xx in South Florida
        Former Bayliners: 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

I'm in the planning stages to take our 3870 to Florida in November and then spend the winter in the Bahamas. I've started getting the boat ready for the trip. I pulled the manicoolers to have them ceramic coated but when I looked inside, they looked like they were new. I had the heat exchangers boiled out and tested at a radiator shop. I'm buying new transmission coolers and installing them in the spring. I installed a new Simrad 4G radar and MFD. I spoke to my insurance company and they said that I can not be in Florida before November 15 because of hurricane season.
          I spoke to Earl Summerville (The Hino Guru) last month when I ordered the new gasket sets for the manicoolers and he said he knows of a few folks with 38's that are planning to make the trip to the Bahamas this year.
          1987 3870 "Stella Maris"
          Hino 175's
          Lanoka Harbor, NJ
          MMSI# 368141940

Comment

Working...
          X