Tampa Bay boaters unite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tampa Bay boaters unite!

Any Tampa Bay cruisers out there? Our usual trips are to Useppa Island, Twin Dolphin Marina, Caladisi Island, Shell Key, Egmont Key, Gulfport,, The American Legion 273, the Pub, Sea Critters, Sea Dogs Brewery, Riviera Dunes Marina, the Sarasota Hyatt Marina, and the Warf..

Maybe one day soon! Looking to get a Capri sometime in the near future. I need to learn all these cool places to visit. Always wanted to launch on the Courtney Campbell and dock up to Bahama Breeze. A favorite restaurant of my wife and I's

Comment

O'Maddy's restaurant at Gulfport usually has real Ipswich fried clams on Thursdays. Gulfport's municipal floating docks are nearby. A fun stop.

Comment

We're down in Ft. Myers....maybe some sort of rendezvous next year?
        We have No Plan and we're sticking to it...,

Comment

Sounds good. Rendezvous should be fun. Keep us posted, Griff

Comment

How good is the snorkeling around Tampa?

Comment

In the St. Pete area we have noticed that the visibility is usually limited.

Comment

We are in the Sarasota/Venice area and would love to do an area rendezvous.
                Edd M. Schillay
                Captain of the "Starship Enterprise" / NCC-1701-C
                2002 Bayliner 3788
                Venice Yacht Club / Venice Island, FL

Our prime directive: Wherever we go, we go boldly.

Comment

We have weekended about 1/2 dozen times at the Sarasota Hyatt. but our favorite Marina is Twin Dolphins. Our home is on the Intracoastal at Saint Pete Beach. Griff

Comment

I used to do shell island most weekends with the occasional Egmont key. The new boat is bigger so I am rethinking some of my old locations due to depth and having to fight the currents. Am waiting to get my boat back from the shop and then I will be out on the water more. For a get the boat back celebration I am thinking of doing a weekend at St. Pete muni marina and another at Caladisi. Also a longer trip to just north of Venice to look for shark teeth. My goal (and the reason I bought the current boat) is to go to the Dry Tortugas. And of course, a few Bahamas runs over the next few years.
                    Current: 1998 Bayliner 4085 - Cummins 6BTA 370's
                    Past: 2004 Monterey 322 - Volvo 5.7 GXi's
                    Past: 1987 Silverton 34X - Crusader 454's

Comment

Your 4085 should be no problem at Shell Key or Egmont Key. The Pass a Grille inlet may be tough with that boat because of the tidal current. Out on the Gulf, the only worry is keeping an eye on the depth with tidal changes. Also, that east wind is appreciated.. Caladisi is another spot when the weather gets a little cooler and the no see ems are less of a problem. For us, Twin Dolphins is only 45 minutes away in nice weather, and the Bradenton area is nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X