Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who’s planning on going to the Rendezvous at Roche in a few weeks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are looking forward to being there again, and will be arriving on May 29th.

Josh, when this event was sponsored by Olympic Boat Centers it was by far, the biggest rendezvous that Roche Harbor handled. We have attended every year since 2005, but with the demise of Olympic, it became a joint venture between Lake Union SeaRay and M & P Mercury in Vancouver, and when M & P lost interest, LUSR ran things at a much reduced level until they dropped out about four years ago.

I think there’s something to be said for the smaller more informal group, and you are right that Ron & Bev Leslie have done an awesome job this past few years.
    Rob
    Bayliner 5788
    'Merlin V'
    Vancouver BC

Comment

I just now saw this string....I’m relatively new to this forum and asked this question on the Cruises page a few weeks ago. We bought a 2855 last fall and have been having a ball being back on the water. Would it be ok if we showed up ? Haven’t been out to Roche Harbor in years.
      "Adventurous"
      1994 2855 Ciera 7.5 Bravo 1
      She Lives on a Trailer Undercover
      Stanwood, WA

Comment

• simbad
        simbad commented
        Editing a comment
        Les. There’s no rules on who can go. The more the merrier and if you’re new the forum it’s a great way to get to know folks. I’ve been on here for a long time but only met a couple of folks in person. Looking forward to it.

Are there still opportunities to join? Trying to convince the admiral bit thought i’d Check on space.
      BLOG ABOUT MY BOAT... www.seattleboater.com
      5788 Man 610's- Love Her !
      Sold:Bayliner 3587 | Extended Hull

Comment

It would be surprising for Roche Harbor to already be full of reservations that weekend. Bev Leslie is the person who can let you know for sure if she has space in the group reservation, but you could also just call the office at Roche Harbor and speak to Katie, ask not just for a reservation but to be added onto the Bayliner Group. Best case they can get you in with everyone on the guest dock, worst case they can fit you in somewhere else in the marina.
        2000 Bayliner 4788 "Perfect Balance"
        370HP Cummins
        Zodiac YL 340 30HP Nissan
        Moored at Roche Harbor

Comment

Would love to have made the trip, but we will be in Normandy for the 75th anniversary of D-Day with a good friend. Maybe next year!
          Destiny
          Bayliner 5288
          Port Ludlow, WA

Comment

Ok i’m In ! Can’t get out of work until Friday noon so leave Seattle around 2pm. Might have to burn some diesel to make it in time for the fun!

Do we know how many are going. Looking forward to meeting people.

Comment

Originally posted by MGM View Post
              We are looking forward to being there. Last year was our first and we had a super fun time. BJ, any words of advice on crossing the strait?

Mike and Allyson
              Sol Desire
              2000 5288

Mike ...

Yer killing me.... Hmmm.... word of advice.... Keep your friends close and your dinghy closer...

I look forward to seeing you guys soon

~BJ
              BJ
              OMEGA

Comment

Originally posted by simbad View Post
                Ok i’m In ! Can’t get out of work until Friday noon so leave Seattle around 2pm. Might have to burn some diesel to make it in time for the fun!

Do we know how many are going. Looking forward to meeting people.
                Not sure how many are going yet, Simeon, but it sounds like it should be another good turn out. Bev does an incredible job. I look forward to seeing you guys again.

Safe travels,
                ~BJ
                BJ
                OMEGA

Comment

BJ glad we can finally get together on the water. Looking forward to it. When are you headed up?

Comment

So as we are getting close.. how about a headcount on who’s planning on attending?
                    i am ...

shall we we build a list ?

Simeon (Simbad) 5788 SUPERNOVA. =1

Comment

Simeon (Simbad) 5788 SUPERNOVA. =1
                      Josh 4788 (myself Thursday, wife Amy and son Jordan joining Friday)=2
                      2000 Bayliner 4788 "Perfect Balance"
                      370HP Cummins
                      Zodiac YL 340 30HP Nissan
                      Moored at Roche Harbor

Comment

Looks like you don’t have far to go Josh

Comment

Great weekend.
                          Lots of great boats. Great turn out and wonderful people. 1st time for us but won’t be the last.
                          Started with a terrible strait crossing late on Friday. 8ft waves not a lot of fun. Diverted to cattle pass and it was clear and flat but in that hour or so the wipers got a work out and the towed tender learnt how to fly

Thanks to Bev for putting everything together. Awesome weekend.

Comment

Comment

You’re right, Simeon... It was a great weekend...filled with a lot of fun friends and boats,,, and I second your thanks to Bev... all the work she puts into this each year is greatly appreciated...our rendezvous couldn’t happen without her incredible effort.... THANK YOU BEV!!!!!

~BJ
                              BJ
                              OMEGA

Comment

Working...
                              X