246 / 266 Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

246 / 266 Owners

Since I didn't see a list for the 246/266 owners I thought I would create this one... If you own a 246/266 please post on this thread with the year and model, this way we have an owners community for these boats. I have a 2007 246 with a 5.7L B3, new to me and love the boat.

Thanks
    Last edited by Ryderpd; 12-23-2018, 09:08 AM.
    JAX, FL
    2007 Bayliner 246 Mercruiser 5.7L 250HP I/O
    Zodiac (WestMarine) 8.5’ inflatable 3HP Yamaha (SOLD)
    1999 Trophy 2002 WA 150HP Mercury OB (SOLD
    Starcraft 17’ Tri-hull (SOLD)

Good choice, when problem solving it is nice to check what others have accomplished with vessels of the same stile and systems.
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

• Ryderpd
      Ryderpd commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully a few other 246/266 owners add their names here for was have a good size community of owners.

2007 246 5.7 Bravo Three

Kevin Wilson
    Kevin Wilson, Retired
    * 2007 Bayliner 246 Discovery
    * 2019 Ford F-250
    Pullin’ and Cruisin’ the Southeast
    * Based out of Pawleys Island, SC

Comment

2007 246, 5.0L, CC, Bravo 3
      Bob
      "Easy Living"
      2007 Discovery 246, 5.0L MPI, CC, B3
      Boating on the Rappahannock River, Virginia

Comment

2011 Discovery 266, 5.0L MPI Bravo 3. Lake Erie Ohio

Comment

Hi,
          I just bought a 2007 Discovery 246 Bayliner last October 2019.

In short I bought it from the wife of the owner who passed away and the transaction was done through a dealer.

Outside of looking at the physical appearance and going for a test ride, I’m sure I’ll have a lot of questons.

And because former owner is no longer with us, it’s the blind leading the blind.

The reason why I wanted this boat in particular It’s because it’s never been used in salt water and to me that’s a big plus—I bought it in Whitehall New York -Lock 12 on the Champagne Canal
          It was used on lake Champlain .
          Also I got it for a good price from what I saw in other listings.

It came with the trailer which I’ll be looking to sell for I use Marina’s to haul out on a travel lift and it’s stored on jackstands on their property (College Point Yatch –Queens NY )

So anything you can let me know about 246 Baylinerwould be great , I’d love to hear your pros an coms

Oh yeah it has a bravo three outdrive add a 5.7 Mag.

All the onebest

Bill aka HYPO 5

PS I bought a new bow hatch for the boat - the one on the boat has a broken hinge and it leaks

Also I have to replace the sub pump for the shower because it was removed for some reason.
          I see from your photos taking the steps out it’s not that hard.

But I’m wondering why do you need to unscrew the bottom step couldn’t you just remove the screws that hold the steps in general without taking off the bottom step ?????

PS PS --:My last boat was a 1990 Bayliner 2651 Sunbrige which I owned from 2004 and sold it in 2019.
          It was a mony pit from hell.

Attached Files

Comment

• tekreck
            tekreck commented
            Editing a comment
            You are right about the step - On my first effort I was going to replace bilge pump in shower sump and through I could get away with just removing the step. Wrong.

Lake Champlain has laws about dumping gray water and I bet you have been re-plumbed to route sinks and shower to holding tank. If so, this is a pain you should think about addressing it. See if any of your thru-hulls are sealed up. That is a good clue. The survey of my boat did not discover this, and if it had I don’t know if I would have got the boat or not. My sinks and shower go to sump and sump pumps into holding tank. I Y-Ed the sump into the bilge pump line and added back flow valves. Not my favorite solution. If I ever take interior out I will re-route correctly.

Just bought a 2008 246 , 5.0 bravo 3
          this will be my first inboard

Comment

• Hypo 5
            Hypo 5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Best of luck
        Working...
        X