Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Boat/Parts Manual for our 2002 4788. We have the supplemental manual. I want to replace some hatches, gauges and door and window seals.
    so, I need part numbers. Any help is greatly appreciated. thank You

Comment

Please include me on this list.
      Bought our 2000 4788 in San Diego in late 2020. My wife and I are old and sick but we figured we might as well be old and sick with a boat too! Now I am having a blast getting her ship-shape., Removing 20 years of broken gadgets and decals and making her feel contemporary and loved. PO kept her Cumins 370s and other mechanicals in good shape but neglected all the other million small repairs. She is the first large boat I have owned and I have been taking my time to familiarize myself with all her many systems. Been taking her out every couple of weeks to familiarize myself and the wife with how she takes the seas. We are starting to love this boat. To date new sliding door wheels, new carpet thruout, new blinds, new bimini, new dingy cover, removed 150 old canvas snaps, new flood lights foreward, side and aft, all LED bulbs inside and out, 4 new bilge pumps, all LED ropes replaced with new strands, new complete soundproofing engine room, new LED engine room lights, Ospho to all exposed steel gear below decks, new cooling water hoses, couple of new thruhulls, all new fuel lines on engine (corroded fittings, removed many old unused fitting all around, installed a pedestal pilot house captain's chair, replaced several interior broken light switches , fixed the windshield washers, and more I cannot remember right now. With this purchase I learned that surveyors take a good look at the hull,super-structure, and major mechanicals but are useless for all the rest of the boat.
      I have a berth reserved up at the Channel islands harbor for a month this summer where we hope to explore the Channel Islands National park.

Comment

1990 4588 Bayliner, purchased February, 2021 in Pittsburg, CA.
        I am the fourth owner and really lucked out on this. One of my fellow club members had a 4788 and I always loved the layout. I was able to trade in my 1992 SeaRay Express Bridge 350 for a significant portion of the cost, got $2000 less than I paid for it 7 years ago.
        Both the Hinos start up in about 20 seconds and don't smoke at all! They only have about 1250 hours on them and were always well maintained.
        The second owner had her the longest and took incredibly good care of her, she looks practically brand new on the inside (except for the carpet which has been replaced). Just before he sold her he installed a new Onan-Cummins 11 Kw genset (which now has 50 hours on it), a new refrgerator and icemaker. The third owner only had her for about 3 years and only put about 20 hours on her. He did nothing to her as far as upgrades or repairs which is fine with me as I have done what I wanted.
        So far I have repaired or replaced everything that was documented on the out-of-water and engine surveys. None of the items found were a big deal, and there were a couple of big ones they did not find. One of the exhaust blowers was not working and the other had come loose and was just moving air around the bilge. I only found it because it was too noisy.
        The other thing was the float switch for the midship stripping pump had not been properly mounted and had fallen down where it could not work. Kind of a big deal if she was taking on water and the first pump couldn't keep up! Even surveyors with a good reputation cannot be completely trusted! 🤬
        So far I have add new Garmin GPS units and a Panoptix Livescope forward looking transducer attached to one Will work from both). Also added a rear camera that displays on the GPS units, and a Fusion stereo that can be controlled from the GPS units. After installing the camera I backed her into the slip twice without touching a thing! 😎
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20210223_080346.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	634674
        Attached Files
        P/C Jim Azeltine
        Bridge Marina Yacht Club (Commodore 2013, 2014, 2019)
        1990 4588 "Byte Me”

Comment

Our Hale Moku (house boat)...1994 4788...took over when the 2500 soft was no fun anymore. Sold the house and most of the contents and moved aboard. We bought a 50’ slip at Semiahmoo in Blaine, Wa. Our summer camp on the water. We had to upgrade a lot of stuff as the previous owners never really used it much...then we went full time and stuff happens. Currently putting new carpets down, re-worked the vacuflush system, permanently moved the tender to the swim step with a new seawise system, turning the upper bridge into a “happy hour” site with new railing and the original ladder re-installed. But we are just enjoying the boat and boat life. Click image for larger version

Name:	C8EA96B4-71A3-4EBB-9595-1EDEEFDA259D.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	720.8 KB
ID:	634684

Comment

Big dog here just bought 4588 out of Annapolis for
            Formerly the rising sun the previous owners are members here and a really really nice people and hope to stay in touch with them they maintained her very well but she needs the love that all boats need thanks in advance for letting me on the list new name is NEVA BETA

Comment

Comment

We took delivery our our 1987 4550 Bayliner at the end of October. Very grateful for this site and all it has to offer. I thought I would share a couple pics. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3612.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	635780 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3596.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	635781 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3590.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	635782

Comment

Leaving the 3270/3288 club (10.5 years with "Current Affair") and joining the 4788 club (1997 4788 "Cuatro"). Looking forward to new adventures and new learning!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_40398.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	645108

Comment

Working...
                  X