Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a 2001 trophy 2359. Anybody know where to get replacement windshield wiper arms?

Comment

Just installed the weatherstripping to the fish boxes, battery box and engine cover. When you live in Florida the rain in the fishbox issue gets pretty aggravating.

Comment

I saw a boat in Anchorage that had little strips mounted just behind the windows where the rain water comes down from the roof and the front. I have the same problem. They put the drains in the wrong places....
        Attached Files

Comment

The Admiral and I have fished off the west coast of BC for almost 30 years in a variety of open boats (last one was a 1993 Trophy Model 2002 named Lazybones) and as we got older we (especially the Admiral) longed for the comforts of an enclosed cabin boat. We narrowed our choices down to a Seaswirl Sport cabin and a Trophy 2359. We chatted with several owners of each boat type on their experiences and listened to the positives and negatives and after a couple of years (5 ish) we settled our hunt for a Trophy 2359. We found a slightly battered and quite neglected 2001 Model 2359 in New Jersey, worked out a fair deal and brought her home in March of 2019. In our interviews we heard some of the 2359 owners express concerns about sufficient power and poor access for servicing the engine. Our girl had a 250hp carbureted 5.7 which should generate enough power but in working to correct some of the neglected bits I quickly realized the difficult access to service issue. The Admiral and I had previously read in this forum about the fellow that put a pod and outboard on in place of the stern drive and we liked the idea. We did some preliminary budgeting and believing that this will be our last boat decided to go for it. Out came the 5.7. Off came the leg. Out came the associated wiring and peripherals. I spent the later part of the 2019 summer prepping for the pod installation by filling in the various holes in the transom (including the bilge vent holes) with laminations of epoxy, fiberglass and marine grade plywood, and fairing it smooth with filler. Over the winter the pod, a 300 hp Suzuki, a 20hp Suzuki (kicker) and hydraulic steering was installed by Breakers Marine in Port Alberni. We got her back this spring and I spent this summer and part of the fall adding a NMEA 2K network, Garmin fish finder/chart plotter, new VHF radio and antenna, new stereo and speakers, building a rear station (a ton of work), moving the battery switch, moving the DC breakers and all the associated wiring. Took her back to Breakers Marine in October to get the controls at the rear station hooked up as well as the hydraulic steering. Finally got her in the water October 15th. Gets on plane quickly. After engine break in period, 30 mph at 4000 rpm, 40 mph at 5000 rpm. The Suzuki 300 revs to 6000 rpm but sea conditions in those 2 weeks didn’t allow for a full throttle result. Very happy about our decisions so far. Plan to add radar this coming summer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200609_104754.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	4.63 MB
ID:	604240 Click image for larger version

Name:	10a Rear Station Complete 2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	604241 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200714_163900.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	604242

Comment

....this coming summer, add radar, remove the old engine cover and level the deck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sea Salt aft pic.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	604245
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X