Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trophy 2359 Owners

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Trophy 2359 Owners

    Thought I'd start a new 2359 Owners Thread. I have owned mine 2.5 years now and love it. Couple of modifications are seals on fish lockers and battery hatch, added speakers to outside bulkhead and new rub rail.

    2004 Trophy 2359
    5.7 liter Carb
    Alpha
    15 hp Merc Kicker

    #2
    How did you seal the fish boxes? Thanks, Don

    Comment


      #3
      My boarding ladder is missing from my swim step. Seems like Garlick and other ladder suppliers say the one for the 2359 is no longer made. Any suggestions? Thanks, Don

      Comment


      • docrock
        docrock commented
        Editing a comment
        I lost mine too. Bought an aftermarket ladder that bolted on.

      #4
      Love that fishing pic, and upgraded to the smart plug too.
      NICE!
      Dave
      Edmonds, WA
      "THE FIX"
      '93 2556
      Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

      The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
      Misc. projects thread
      https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

      Comment


        #5
        Originally posted by Old Crab View Post
        How did you seal the fish boxes? Thanks, Don
        I purchased "M-D Building Products 1025 All-Climate Auto and Marine 17-Feet Weather Seal Strip, Black" and applied it to the edge of the fish box and battery hatch. Works very well no more rain water filling them up. Just cleaned off the surface with mineral sprites and applied it to the highest part. Keeps them from rattling also. When I take it out of storage I'll post of picture.
        2004 Trophy 2359
        5.7 liter Carb
        Alpha
        15 hp Merc Kicker

        Comment


          #6
          Originally posted by Old Crab View Post
          My boarding ladder is missing from my swim step. Seems like Garlick and other ladder suppliers say the one for the 2359 is no longer made. Any suggestions? Thanks, Don
          Yes, I have the same issue. Been looking for used ones, but no luck yet.
          2004 Trophy 2359
          5.7 liter Carb
          Alpha
          15 hp Merc Kicker

          Comment


            #7
            I have a 2003 2359 just installed a telescopic three step ladder mounted under the starboard side of the swim grid pulls out and down
            works great try to get some pictures for you.

            Comment


              #8
              Originally posted by happyour View Post
              I have a 2003 2359 just installed a telescopic three step ladder mounted under the starboard side of the swim grid pulls out and down
              works great try to get some pictures for you.
              Love to see how you mounted that ladder! Nice like top off the back can I get some more pictures of that?
              2004 Trophy 2359
              5.7 liter Carb
              Alpha
              15 hp Merc Kicker

              Comment


                #9
                We have an 2005 and have added some much needed extra storage. I did post it earlier but here it is on this new page. We love our Trophy!
                2005 2359 Trophy Pro "SOLD"
                "Amigo"
                B lll 5 ltr.
                1998 2452 (Sold) "Island Time"

                Comment


                  #10
                  Originally posted by Black_Creek View Post
                  We have an 2005 and have added some much needed extra storage. I did post it earlier but here it is on this new page. We love our Trophy!
                  How is that shelf connected? Love to do the drawer, but mine has a heater in that area.
                  2004 Trophy 2359
                  5.7 liter Carb
                  Alpha
                  15 hp Merc Kicker

                  Comment


                    #11
                    It just sits on the curve of the hull, I cut it tight 3/8 ply and slid it in under the trim strip on the sides. The front is attached with a pair of L- brackets to the anchor locker bulkhead. It holds a lot of gear. Not sure the width but it still allows access to the hatch.
                    2005 2359 Trophy Pro "SOLD"
                    "Amigo"
                    B lll 5 ltr.
                    1998 2452 (Sold) "Island Time"

                    Comment


                      #12
                      Sorry if I'm hi-jacking the discussion. Wife and I have been shopping this style pilot house boat for a couple years. We are currently under contract on a 2002 but that has hit a couple snags so not sure the deal will go through. All that said, I've love to get some feedback from owners. We are primarily inshore fishing types in Northeast waters. Engine is a 5.0L with Alpha drive. I've gotten mixed comments that seem pretty polarized in the love or hate range. Anyways, I'm Don. Pleasure to meet you all.

                      Comment


                        #13
                        Our 2005 is great, this hull handles water rougher water than I like to be in. We have used it on the West Coast and North end of Vancouver Island.
                        The visibility is excellent and gas consumption on the model with F/I is decent. I have heard that the models with Alpha drive roll a bit but I have not experienced that first hand.
                        A couple of things that are a bit of a pain are the fish box issues / scuppers and lack of storage overall.
                        It is not a boat setup for long cruises but we manage fishing trips for a week to 10 days with out too much pain.

                        Hope this helps
                        2005 2359 Trophy Pro "SOLD"
                        "Amigo"
                        B lll 5 ltr.
                        1998 2452 (Sold) "Island Time"

                        Comment


                          #14
                          Thanks for the input Black Creek. The roll thing has been described in a few ways in comments I've read in various places. Took me a while to figure that out. What I am curious about is if it is slop in the cable type steering and if upgrading the helm to hydraulic would help. I was also thinking of the possibility of adding a second helm position above the bait well which would almost require the upgrade anyway.

                          We also looked at some displacement hull style boats and were prepared for life in the slow lane with those so figure just taking it a little slower might just help as well.

                          Comment


                            #15
                            Originally posted by BackEastDon View Post
                            Thanks for the input Black Creek. The roll thing has been described in a few ways in comments I've read in various places. Took me a while to figure that out. What I am curious about is if it is slop in the cable type steering and if upgrading the helm to hydraulic would help. I was also thinking of the possibility of adding a second helm position above the bait well which would almost require the upgrade anyway.

                            We also looked at some displacement hull style boats and were prepared for life in the slow lane with those so figure just taking it a little slower might just help as well.
                            When I first purchased my 2359 I experienced a roll when running at lower speeds and or trying to plane. First thought it was because I was new with trim tabs and was using them wrong ( sometimes might of been the case ) Use the boat for 2 season and just seem to understand when it would happen and drove to prevent the issue. Last year we finally re propped the boat with a 4 Blade Stainless and I was amazed the roll issue has never happened to the extreme it was. The new prop made the boat handle like a totally different boat or like I'm used to boat handling. Now mine is 5.7 carb with Aplha, buit when I get chance I'll update this thread on the size of the new prop.
                            2004 Trophy 2359
                            5.7 liter Carb
                            Alpha
                            15 hp Merc Kicker

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X