• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• builderdude
    commented on 's reply
    It’s why some of us install secondary “oh shit” bilge pumps😮

• flybridge
    commented on 's reply
    Wow! You lucked out! Never thought I’d have to worry about something like that!

• Oside2560
    replied
    Originally posted by seanV18 View Post
    Yes, I painted all exterior teak. I'm a cabinet/furniture maker, boat builder by trade. The last thing I want to do after work is more wood working. I tried to keep up with the teak on my last boat (3270), and just got over the constant maintenance. I painted my 2556 before she even hit the water. Best thing I ever did, and I think it gives her a nice modern look. I do love the warmth of the wood so I refinished all the interior teak and with it being inside, I wont have to mess with it ever again.
    Looks great! I am tired of keeping up with mine. Gonna do the same.

Leave a comment:

• builderdude
    commented on 's reply
    Had in my head it was a recent project, can’t keep em strait... my bad😆

• Traxxas
    commented on 's reply
    We've been running it for the past few years, so it was a new development. Just so weird

• builderdude
    commented on 's reply
    Was that your first run after refurbishing the boat? Good you were checking things out, could have been much worse 😳

• Traxxas
    replied
    So we launched the first of July at the POE to take off to Fishermans Bay, and water was pouring in. Drove it to one of our fathers friends places, and we discovered the y-pipe was leaking, possible cracked from the winter. Pulled it off and it had corroded from the outside in! Another friend of ours had another Y-pipe not being used so they put it on. It was a crazy job these guys did in 8 hours and saved our week long vacation! Its great to have seasoned boat mechanics as friends, highly recommend!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• builderdude
    commented on 's reply
    newly installed 383 has been problematic since day one, it’s been removed & disassembled.
    Bad time of year indeed 😩

• seanV18
    replied
    Yes, I painted all exterior teak. I'm a cabinet/furniture maker, boat builder by trade. The last thing I want to do after work is more wood working. I tried to keep up with the teak on my last boat (3270), and just got over the constant maintenance. I painted my 2556 before she even hit the water. Best thing I ever did, and I think it gives her a nice modern look. I do love the warmth of the wood so I refinished all the interior teak and with it being inside, I wont have to mess with it ever again.

Leave a comment:

• flybridge
    replied
    Originally posted by seanV18 View Post

I have two on either side on the flybridge. Two in the salon and two in the cockpit. Simple and a full sound everywhere, good enough for me.
    Nice that looks good! I have the speakers installed in the cabin, and at the cockpit like you. Just haven’t worked up the courage to drill some big holes in the flybridge!
    Did you paint the teak on your bulkhead?

Leave a comment:

• flybridge
    commented on 's reply
    What is wrong with your boat? It’s a bad time of year to have a broken boat! 😔

• seanV18
    replied
    Originally posted by flybridge View Post
    Does anyone have speakers on their flybridge? If so where/how do you have them mounted? I have wires running out under the helm for speakers but don’t have any speakers installed.
    I have two on either side on the flybridge. Two in the salon and two in the cockpit. Simple and a full sound everywhere, good enough for me.

Leave a comment:

• builderdude
    commented on 's reply
    Boat looks great! Enjoy your weekend up there. I’d be anchored at fish bay right now if my boat wasn’t broke ☹️

• flybridge
    replied
    Happy 4th from Roche Harbor, WA!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Traxxas
    commented on 's reply
    Dave: they hook up just like normal speakers! Just need a Bluetooth stereo

Flybridge: Yea, got to really commit if you want those speakers! my main concern would be leakage down the line if you did it anywhere besides under the console.
Working...
X