2556 Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Centerline2 View Post

I cant remember who I purchased from, but here is the information from the box...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190402_083357.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	494051
    Thank! I did not see such a prop in my catalog.
    1989 Bayliner 2556 Convertible
    OMC Cobra 5,7L gear ratio: 1,41
    3х15,5х13P

Comment

Have any of you guys replaced the portholes? I'd like to find something close to OEM. The old ones pretty much self destructed coming out, dang all that 5200

Comment

Talley install new ones years ago maybe he’ll see this and give you some suggestions.
        Dave
        Edmonds, WA
        "THE FIX"
        '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
        (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
        The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
        Misc. projects thread
        https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

I talked to a few people and I think these will fit. Ill report on them. Should be better than the OEM ones with the Lexan windows.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/becks...24_720_001_509

Comment

Well been workin on the boat for while, thought I'd post an update. Descriptions with the pics. I've done a few more things like replace the other lights in the boat, been rewireing, replacing the macerator and hosing, scuppers, new stereo and speakers, new side vents (the old ones let rain drain inside, didnt want that), and a bunch of little interior things while it was winter. Overall its been a great learning experience, its my first solo boat restoration.

Carpet and a lot of the other stuff will probably be next years project. I just ran out of time, got to work on the running gear now!

Comment

• builderdude
              builderdude commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks great dude! Love the look of your refinished teak but must admit I don’t envy the maintenance.

• Traxxas
              Traxxas commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm pretty sure this stuff is pretty durable, its some newer synthetic stuff. Plus its going to be covered most of the time so should last a long while... Hopefully, its was a paint in the butt.

https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...nt-gctid380669

sorry if this is late. best upgrade on the 2556. Have helped a few other owners do this
            Tally and Vicki
            "Wickus" Meridian 341
            MMSI 338014939

Comment

• Traxxas
              Traxxas commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha I wish I would of saw that, but I did find the correct size and didnt need to do any cutting which was nice. The hardest part was getting the old ones out! Bayliner went nuts with the 5200.

So my boat came with 3 props and I thought I'd defer to the 2556 pros. The prop thats on it (the only markings I could find on it was a "1" stamped in it) has a bulge on the inside probably from some past winter so it probably needs to be replaced by one of the other two:

quicksilver 48 18616 a43 21p
            -or-
            a6 48 18610 a42 15p

Or would neither of these two not be suitable?

Comment

Originally posted by Traxxas View Post
              So my boat came with 3 props and I thought I'd defer to the 2556 pros. The prop thats on it (the only markings I could find on it was a "1" stamped in it) has a bulge on the inside probably from some past winter so it probably needs to be replaced by one of the other two:

quicksilver 48 18616 a43 21p
              -or-
              a6 48 18610 a42 15p

Or would neither of these two not be suitable?
              What drive package?
              Dave
              Edmonds, WA
              "THE FIX"
              Misc. projects thread

Comment

• Traxxas
                Traxxas commented
                Editing a comment
                Its the 7.4

The 21 pitch prop was stock on the Bravo II package with the 7.4..
              Not sure about the 15 pitch one, or the one on.
              I switched to SS 17.75x21, loved it, kept the AL as a spare. Never regretted it in the 10 years we owned the 2556
              Tally and Vicki
              "Wickus" Meridian 341
              MMSI 338014939

Comment

• Traxxas
                Traxxas commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! Stainless is great until you hit something right? You just dont bend the prop, but the driver gear also so I've been told.

Depends on the size of what you hit. They are more resistant to small strikes, vibrate less (because they don't bend when you hit small items.) they still have rubber hubs which shear as protection.
              Tally and Vicki
              "Wickus" Meridian 341
              MMSI 338014939

Comment

Just purchased a 1991 2556. It needs some work, but overall in good condition. Its currently in the water, and I plan on bringing it home in a couple of weeks.
                one question is my trim tabs don't work from either station. There is an electric pump that runs when I raise and lower the outdrive - a mercruiser 454 with a bravo 2 outdrive. But where is the pump for the trim plates located?
                thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Corky View Post
                  Just purchased a 1991 2556. It needs some work, but overall in good condition. Its currently in the water, and I plan on bringing it home in a couple of weeks.
                  one question is my trim tabs don't work from either station. There is an electric pump that runs when I raise and lower the outdrive - a mercruiser 454 with a bravo 2 outdrive. But where is the pump for the trim plates located?
                  thank you.
                  Trim tab pump should be mounted in the engine bay, port side on the transom. Somebody could have removed it. Looks like this.
                  Attached Files
                  Dave
                  Edmonds, WA
                  "THE FIX"
                  Misc. projects thread

Comment

• Corky
                    Corky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great. Thank you. I think I did see something similar to that mounted to the transom wall just under the decking. I will take a look for it.

Do any of you guys have, or know where I could find the removable fiberglass storage box behind the door? I have that bait-well and I'd really like to tear it out if I can find one. Its just too big down there and I cant replace my belts very easily.

Comment

• Centerline2
                    Centerline2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    what year of 2556 do you have? not all years had the "removable" box, but it was a box that was epoxied in. it can be cut out to make access to the front of the engine easier and to increase the storage room.... in my opinion, it is not good for a fish or crab box because the heat of the engine keeps it way too warm, unless one has a constant supply of fresh seawater washing thru it...

and as a storage box, it is not good because when it gets a little moisture in there (and it DOES) the heat from the engine will quickly cause rust, mold or mildew on anything kept in there... cut it out and replace it with plastic totes... any moisture will have a chance to evaporate into the constant supply of fresh air that passes thru the engine compartment....

• Traxxas
                    Traxxas commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks centerline2, its a 91 so it has the live-well. I was asking to see if anyone had a spare box, but I just ended up cutting a hole in the well for engine access and I think it'll work (until I need to replace the fuel tank, then the whole thing needs to come out ). The piece I cut out was at an angle so it will just fall back into place so I can put lines, hoses, and other misc things. I think I'll cut a venting hole in the side for more air flow, thanks for the advice!

Originally posted by Traxxas View Post
                  Do any of you guys have, or know where I could find the removable fiberglass storage box behind the door? I have that bait-well and I'd really like to tear it out if I can find one. Its just too big down there and I cant replace my belts very easily.
                  Where you located? I have one but imo and like centerline said some removable storage containers are the way to go. I can fit 6 of them in that area if needed, I currently only have 2 containers and my bbq in that area but it’s awesome being able to drop down in there to access the front of the engine for whatever reason.
                  Dave
                  Edmonds, WA
                  "THE FIX"
                  Misc. projects thread

Comment

Everett. You have other containers in that space in place of the fiberglass liner? Is there a shelf below yours, because mine is just the fuel tank.

Comment

Working...
                    X