• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by builderdude View Post
    Keep at it dude, these are great boats for there size
    They seem a lot bigger than 25’, super wide beam. I love the layout

Comment

So what is top speed on these with a 350?
      I had a 2859 with a 454 and thought it was way underpowered. Top speed was 30-31 mph.
      Im going to check out this one in a few weeks if it is still available. I think it should be a little quicker than a factory boat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	45AD270C-CF90-4AEE-AC26-D8AFCE693120.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	540161
      Esteban
      Huntington Beach, California
      Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952
      Currently looking for 32xx in South Florida

Comment

• builderdude
        builderdude commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine does a touch under 40 mph at wot. Would likely be faster if I ran a 383.

• Sholphin02
        Sholphin02 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Green, I would be very interested if you could take pictures of the rear motors install. I might repower my boat with a 300Hp outboard soon. (To lower consumption and noises)

green, If you do get a chance to sea trial that boat please post the results, a video would be even better👍
      Dave
      Edmonds, WA
      "THE FIX"
      '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
      (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
      The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
      Misc. projects thread
      https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and new to the motorboat ownership.

I am French, living in New-Caledonia (Close to Australia in the pacific) and after two sailboats, i bought a motorboat.
        I am now a proud owner of a 1993 2556 Bayliner Ciera with a 7.4L MPI and Bravo II.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ago.png
Views:	73
Size:	735.4 KB
ID:	543466
        So far, all good but i found the consumption to be quite high. (Running most of the time @3500RPM for 21Knts)

=> @Green, I would be very interested if you could take pictures of the rear motors install. I might repower my boat with a 300Hp outboard soon. (To lower consumption and noises) Still not quite sure yet.

I also might do some little tinkering soon:

- Finding a new bench for the fly (two plastic seats now)
        - Removing the interior helm to extend the kitchen area
        - Removing/renovating the interior carpet

Hope this forum might help in my choices.
        And I will try to keep tracks of my work for those interested.

Thanks again for having me here,
        Yannick

Comment

• Sholphin02
          Sholphin02 commented
          Editing a comment
          Then I shall have a lot of fun here......petrol is around 1.31$/L (That's 5$/Gallon for your old imperial measures ^^)

• builderdude
          builderdude commented
          Editing a comment
          Almost the same I paid in deer harbor marina this summer.
          I had lots of fun😁

• Centerline2
          Centerline2 commented
          Editing a comment
          nice looking boat...

I agree the fuel consumption will be a shock after coming from a sailboat, but there is no way around it if you want to cruise with it. make sure the engine is tuned well and find the sweet spot when cruising to get the best economy from it.

an outboard may use less fuel, but if you figure the cost of the conversion and the fuel offset, you will find it isnt worth it... in addition, it will undoubtedly devalue the boat somewhat more than you may think.

for the cost of the conversion and the actual realized savings on fuel, I believe you could buy several years worth of fuel for the 7.4 and still have more money left in your account than you would if you did the conversion... and conversions are not without troubles until you get them all worked out....
          when deciding what to do, I suppose it does make some difference if you bought the boat to cruise and use or as a project to work on....

the 7.4 is a great engine for that boat, and as for the noise, you can add baffles in the engine bay to minimize the noise levels

my 2556 has the 5.7 in it and I cant imagine the 7.4 could be that much louder even at WOT...
          at an idle, its nearly impossible to even hear or feel my engine running unless you walk back and hear the bubbles rising from the outdrive, and when underway at cruise speed, its still quiet enough inside with the door closed to have a normal conversation....

Ive had experience with noise reduction on equipment engine compartments and cabs, and im sure sound deadening insulation and/or baffles would reduce the noise escaping from the engine bay by almost 50% at cruise speed (which I plan to do at some point)....

removing the inside helm will also reduce the overall value of the boat in most areas, and make it a harder sell if you ever decide to sell it... but its your boat now and you can do whatever you want with it, as long as you make sure to have fun doing it....

Hi everyone,

I might have a deal on an almost new outboard (Suzuki DF 300). So more than ever I might go the outboard conversion way. If so, I will make a thread about this transformation.
        I heard some of your arguments about keeping the motor inboard but I want to lower consumption to get more range (not paying less fuel) and having more space for storage

But for now, I am asking for help. My boat is full time on water and I can't get all the measurments required by Armstrong to get a quote for a bracket. Could you help me fill the form ?
        Thanks in advance.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sholphin02 View Post
          Hi everyone,

I might have a deal on an almost new outboard (Suzuki DF 300). So more than ever I might go the outboard conversion way. If so, I will make a thread about this transformation.
          I heard some of your arguments about keeping the motor inboard but I want to lower consumption to get more range (not paying less fuel) and having more space for storage

But for now, I am asking for help. My boat is full time on water and I can't get all the measurments required by Armstrong to get a quote for a bracket. Could you help me fill the form ?
          Thanks in advance.
          These are the measurements from my 93 2556.
          Note: all measurements were taken from the underside of the swim platform down. The green line in your diagram represents the swim platform.

Transom angle- 3” (12 degrees)
          A- 33”
          B- 27.5”
          C- 105”
          D- 105”
          E- NA

Id think they’d also want an approximate waterline measurement and an accurate dead rise measurement (probably using A & B to establish dead rise).
          Also, the transom structure would need substantial reinforcement where this OB bracket will bolt up.
          Dave
          Edmonds, WA
          "THE FIX"
          '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
          (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
          The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
          Misc. projects thread
          https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

• Centerline2
            Centerline2 commented
            Editing a comment
            in addition, I would suggest the "offshore bracket" to be built as an enclosed structure so it can be used as additional flotation for the rear of the boat... I think its going to need it to keep the boat in proper trim

• builderdude
            builderdude commented
            Editing a comment
            I also think a floatation bracket would work best for a heavier cruiser.

• Sholphin02
            Sholphin02 commented
            Editing a comment
            Whaow.....Dave.
            Again.....thank you so much.
            I will wait the quotes for a motor bracket with and without platform.

And yes, I am considering an enclosed structure to add flotation...but quite sure it will be what Armstrong propose.
        Working...
        X