No announcement yet.

Owners listing 2858, 2859 and 289

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it is a pain, a member of this forum from the older postings, reworked his dash, by razing it up and it opens form the top now- will be one of my soon projects. I will raise the wheel at the same time since that is in the pain to my knees category. Picture o0f my Batt. charger on the port side. Dash pictures are from member - ahag3 - 2859 that boat has diesel same as my pride and joy.
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Anyone have the side to side hull angle handy? Trying to order an Aimar in Hull ‘ducet, but need that angle and can’t find it in my manual
      EDIT....DOH! Dead rise angle dummy!!!
      97 2859

Comment

Bay liner has the dead rise at 15Dg. but it changes as you go forward from the transom so best check, mechanics working on drive lines have angel finders so the can check the angle of dive shafts, see if you can borrow one.

Comment

Originally posted by fishaman View Post
          My potential next project. Photo shows how the fuses are set on Cutwater 28, want to do similar to fuse holders on my 2859. Will move the hinges to the starboard side, probably update the fuse holder boards, and put them to the hatch door. I like it that when you open it, everything is right in front of your eyes. Really sick and tired of checking/replacing fuses through the maze of wires behind the dash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_11899.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	482970
          I plan on doing something similar on my 2556. The access behind the lower helm isn’t great and the OEM fuse holders aren’t the greatest quality and not labeled.
          Dave
          Edmonds, WA
          "THE FIX"
          '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
          (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
          The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
          Misc. projects thread
          https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

This is very tempting. Ready for an outboard conversion. Heck, the Alaska bulkhead is worth that alone!
            Its right across the river from my vacation home!
            https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee...806235893.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	235140CB-1EA1-4608-A512-CFE30F9269EB.png
Views:	88
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	483305
            Esteban
            Vancouver, BC
            Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Dude - go get it! That's a heck of deal if the hull is sound.
              97 2859

Comment

Yes I think is a good project.

Comment

Putting in new flooring in cabin does anyone know how to remove the step that goes up to the dinette. Looking under the floor I can see three bolts coming down but there has to be more than that. The carpet came out fairly easy but removing that step would make the install alot easier.
                  thanks
                  Dave

Comment

Most steps like you describe where installed with screws, the heads might be hidden, when carpet is installed the plywood is leveled with filler to make it smooth, would you fill in your boat description please.

Comment

2001, 2859 the carpet is underneath the step but i think I can just trim around it but it would be nice to take it out and have new floor under it as well. I was just going to leave the step carpeted for now. the step I'm referring to is under the hammer
                      thanks fritzman
                      Dave

Comment

The photo of your floor without the carpeting is interesting. My floor has become spongy and I know the plywood needs to be replaced above the water tank. From the photo, is there screws to allow for removal for that part of the floor. My plan is to fix the floor and re-carpet. Thanks and my a close up photo or any advice.
                        Dave Stancil
                        Bayliner #1 in slip
                        1993 2859 Classic
                        10 ' dingy w/4HP 2012 DS4 Suzuki
                        Bayliner #2 in garage
                        2000 19.5 Capri Classic on trailer

Comment

​ Dstancil,
                          it appears they laid down the plywood then carpeted then built the cabinets on top, not to easy for remodeling, my floor is solid fortunately hard to see the screws due to the glue from carpet or epoxy whatever they laid down I'll post a couple other pictures I took but I won't get back to the boat for a couple weeks. If you zoom in you can see the seams of the plywood I THINK you have to cut away as much as you need to and maybe add bracing underneath to screw the new floor to. I have never done it but one thing I have learned is you will never be the first with a certain problem so maybe someone who has replaced their plywood will chime in.

Dave

Comment

one more going into aft bedroom

Comment

Hi to the 2859 bunch, the step was a addition in the later year run of the model, my thought a waste, the early models with out the steps had a larger entry door to the under table. So if you cant find the screws for the step, take a saws all and cut along the seam the might have fasted them from the floor up, then installed the total assemble. I am going to show a picture of my deck with hatches installed.

Comment

Working...
                              X