No announcement yet.

Owners listing 2858, 2859 and 289

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last test run out had a miner oil leak at the oil filer set up had to totally dismember to find the source cracked aluminum housing, while apart added more swivel fittings to make it simper if I need to go to that again. All ready to install, small problem, this morning 11 Dg. outside it is supposed to get better, I hope O well need to work on the Snow plow.
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Hi to the group, question for my holiday project, my side windshield port side on the upper enclosure is leaking on to the dash has any one pulled the complete assembly loose and up to seal? is there a rubber seal or just caulk?

Comment

• green650
        green650 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m not sure if it’s the same design, but I took the hardtop roof off my 2252 and it was caulk from the window frame to the vinyl headliner. The headliner was held to the roof by the driprail. Water in the drip rail was weeping in between headliner and roof and getting in.

Curious if anyone knows what the long chanel molded into the head countertop is for. Seems like a really long soap dish.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E5673A40-2390-42CB-838E-6735346C47AC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	476244
      Esteban
      Vancouver, BC
      Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

The soap dish if you could call that is where you have the T paper roll, the area on the right is for things you don't want to fall on the deck. the area below the T paper holdr with door could be made in to a compartment for additional small storage, by pulling the screws from the aluminum molding under the sink, you can look and see what can be stored.

Comment

Hi Mr. green that project completed, did not remove the top assembly, it would be a big pain in the A in the head area the top and widow side is vinyl and would need to com out to reach the bolts, so I calked with Sikaflex black 291 that should hold for a few years. So I had a bit of time on my hands, one more project in the works laid up some glass on the aft part of the roof and started a mold to construct a aft extension and get rid of some canvas. Have some pictures but not loaded jet.

Comment

Working...
          X