No announcement yet.

Owners listing 2858, 2859 and 289

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the vessels we enjoy and spend $$$ on are lots of wasted spots, one of the locations are the side spots in the cockpit, the solution is construct and install side hatches.
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Starboard side with fresh air duct for the engine to breeze better.

Comment

Fritz - I noticed in your first pics, you have a custom bilge pump set up there - I'm interested in hearing a bit more on that. I'm getting very tired of pumping out the last inch or so of water in the engine compartment due to the pump sitting up on that riser...
        97 2859

Comment

Hi JH, yes that was my problem, 1st year or so had the boat stored on the dry at the marina and on the level, but the bow was down so water collected and killed the pump, that is when I rigged that system up. First build a FG box W lid installed pump so it is sealed from standing water, then on the outside, in the hose coming from the shower drain installed a plastic ball valve below the valve a T fitting the main hose going to the pump the 2nd hose from the T pointing to the bottom of the bilge, there is a 2nd valve in that hose that is normally of so the shower can be drained. To suck out the bilge close the valve from the shower and open the one for the bilge works slick, o need to mention have a SS screen on that hose flattened out a bit, hope this is clear.

Comment

Hi all, as you can tell I have this thing of installing hatches to gain accesses not planed for by Bayliner, there I was we furbishing my waste system , new hoses macerator pump and tank so the system, the problem was how to get to the pump out location - overboard discharge and vent flitting's, the last fittings needed replaced the old plastic ones, replaced with bronze, so I installed a hatch just below the shift control and by your right knee when in the helm seat, great accesses I might add.

Comment

New 2859 owner here .
              Just wanted to say Hi and thanks for all the info for me to look thru.
              Jeff

Comment

Can you even imagine how cool going by your own yacht in the sea?! just only thought about this excited me. Princess looks like the best choice for pleasure in the sea https://princess55fly.blogspot.com/p/home.html It’s unbelievable what he wrote.

Comment

Jeffslock welcome to the forum keep reading there is more to com so chime in with questions, we will try to help.

Comment

Picked up a pair of Rigid Dually diffused 4" lights to mount on the back roof over hang. Haven't decided yet if I want to mount them on the bottom, or up on top of the roof. Will have to drill a through hole for a bolt to mount them no matter which side I put them on. If I put them on top, I'll have to set them back a few inches to give room for the canvas top to still fit. Plan on wiring them up to the existing dome lights, with an individual switch on each one. Goal is to better light up the deck for fishing, and to be able to aim one at my down rigger/pole when it gets dark enough that I cant see the angle of the line. I thought I recalled seeing a nut similar to a tee nut for fiberglass that I could use. Definitely want to make the hole water proof as much as possible.
                    Any thoughts on precautions with the plan?
                    97 2859

Comment

Can you make a bracket from the to railings to mount the lights, that would limit drilling? Wiring can be run up the aft widow post, the top is cored so if drilling needs good sealing.

Comment

I thought about doing that, but wanted the lights further out than that. Rigid has a rail mount for them. But I jumped right in on it last night, got them both mounted, and one wired up. I do have to say, I could have just put one back there. Made an incredible difference. When I shut everything down, all my lures were literally beaming in a way I've never seen them glow before. And that was just 10 minutes or so of the light being on. The stock round lights have plenty of space inside them for connectors to the factory line, and with the factory trim reinstalled, looks pretty clean. Need to find a decent inline switch for the Rigids so I can turn them off individually.
                        97 2859

Comment

Well if that works great never thought of seeing the lures might have to try that good job.

Comment

Today I will shoe my hatch and installation of the new to me 3 way battery charger, 1 to the start battery 2nd to the house battery's - 2 ea. 6V golf cart and the 3rd to the Optima forward for the windless.

Comment

Working...
                            X