No announcement yet.

New Owners listing 2859 289 and 2859 +

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you still want to adjust the tension in your control, you can use the Allen wrench to do it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tension1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	414375
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tension2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	414376
    Alex
    1997 2859, 7.4 MPI, Bravo II
    1993 2452, 5.7 Bravo II - SOLD

Comment

Hey All I am looking to add the tuna/transom door to my 1993 2859. I searched the BOC site and found a post by fritzman. I tried to open the photos and it said site not found. What am I doing wrong that I can't access those photos ? I would love to add the door but I have to say fiberglass and Gel coat make me nervous. Thanks All.

Comment

Water leek Question? I have been chasing a slow water leek for 2 years now and I think I have it narrowed down. I believe it is coming from the center section of the boat under the Gas tank. The part of the hull that is between the engine bay and cabin. It is an area that I can't visually observe because of the aft cabin and gas tank covering it. I made a cork plug and sealed drain between that area and engine area put it on the water and checked it 24 hours later. The engine area and cabin was dry. I pulled the cork and about a pint of water drained into the engine area. I am stumped.

Comment

Hi R. Posner I will recreate the old post shortly I am in the middle of a post on installing a diesel in my boat, I you are needing information sooner let me know.
          Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
          96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Water leak under the gas tank, could be coming from the fresh water tank, leaks from the sides- gunnel or air outlet the front of that is close the the lower bunk bulkhead and engine compartment, luck for stains in the corners on the monkey fur. So now you have water under the fuel tank- not good - has the tank been removed inspected? The area und the tank is a trap foe water and it will not pump out with the mid-ship bilge pump, so will stay wet.

Comment

Added an extra fridge and freezer in the aft, converted to, storage room.......to make the admiral happy on long trips.
              Doug
              1995 2859 -extensively rebuilt/restored 2016/17
              496 big block - Bravo ll leg
              The Doghouse
              Prince George BC

Comment

Nice project.

Comment

Spring has sprung, so back to the engine project in the completed file.

Comment

Hi all the 2859 group has gone to sleep? or are you like me looking out of the window and it is SNOWING again, lets hear what project you will have in place for the season?

Comment

between the bottom paint and new transom assembly the boat project fund is in the red and wife says no more borrowing from house project fund so now I'm undoing some of P.O.s projects, had a problem were the house battery would not charge when plugged into shore power, pulled charger out it was fine. Followed wires to battery selector switch and took it out and both wires were connected to the starting battery post.? (some people should not be allowed to touch wrenches.)

Comment

• builderdude
                        builderdude commented
                        Editing a comment
                        In that case the MBSS would need to be left in the "both" possition for the house to receive any charge current from the on board charge OR an ACR could have been added. I agree that it should have been wired different

Yes but we all learn, by seeing mistakes, that is a plus, keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzman View Post
                        Hi all the 2859 group has gone to sleep? or are you like me looking out of the window and it is SNOWING again, lets hear what project you will have in place for the season?
                        Too busy out fishing man!!

On the project side - has anyone installed a rear view mirror in their boat? Would be nice to have something that allows me to keep an eye on my downrigger when I'm busy driving or checking charts etc. I know I can stick a regular auto mirror in, but thought maybe there'd be some good boat specific ones out there.
                        97 2859

Comment

Now I am upset you are fishing and we are getting more snow that sucks. Mirror what about a rear view camera so you can see when the down rigger is hitting the rocks.

Comment

Installing a new battery charger, good for 3 banks starting, house, and my third forward for the windless, so more wiring.

Comment

Got rid of the big carry on saltwater tackle box and made a built in lockable cabinet.
                              Doug
                              1995 2859 -extensively rebuilt/restored 2016/17
                              496 big block - Bravo ll leg
                              The Doghouse
                              Prince George BC

Comment

Working...
                              X