No announcement yet.

New Owners listing 2859 289 and 2859 +

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well winter is here and i found myself with nothing to do in the shop for the first time in months. So i built a cold air intake system. Just a baffled box with a bilge blower to pull air in and a 3in hose up to the flame arrester area.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sketch96; 12-10-2017, 03:37 PM.
    Doug
    1995 496cu in. 2859 Bravo ll
    The Doghouse
    Prince George BC

Comment

Got the new 9" Garmin installed yesterday. All went fairly straight forward. I repaired the afore mentioned network cable - managed to get it right the first time!
      One of the previous owners wried in the old Lowrance set up. Found the 12V power running up the A pillar with some soldered in connections. After I pulled the shelf out I was able to pull out the rest of the lines, and found that they had actually connected the Positive to the Ground wire. Amazing stuff!
      Now I have to pull the boat out of the water to install the new transducer, and do a zinc check.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by JThiessen; 12-11-2017, 07:02 PM.
      97 2859

Comment

Wow! Nice wiring job! Gotta love what some people do.
        Doug
        The Doghouse
        Prince George BC

Comment

Nice job to both projects, question to Doug you installed a blower fan for boost?
          Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
          96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Not for boost (wont be connected directly to the carb) but just to pull more cool air into the engine compartment.

If i could get an enclosed flame arrestor housing with a snorkel i woukd have used that......same idea as a vehicle......so the motor would just pull in outside air. But this was the next best thing that i could think of.

Will run a pipe up as close to the flame arrestor as possible and blow cooler air into that area. Thats where most of the heat will be so anything i can do to keep it cooler around that area should help.

i just got rid of the tiny 8" x 1 1/4 flame arrestor and got a 8" x 3" barbron high flow one. Let it breathe!
            Doug
            The Doghouse
            Prince George BC

Comment

Nice project to help keep thing cooler and should help a bit on power output, I was out today keening up some wiring, had the power to the pyrometer light on all the time.

Comment

My fuel tank has started leaking. I'm spending the day pumping the remaining fuel out of my tank. Now I wish I wouldn't have topped if all the way off before winter. I'll be pulling the tank at some point this winter. At least its a balmy 33 degrees today and I get to spend some time on deck.
                "REEL WILD"
                2001 2859 FNM 300 Diesel-Bravo 2
                Anchorage, Alaska
                If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes.......

Comment

Ouch! Thats a job i dont want to do again.......but now that the new fuel tank is in and done it feels really good. Big job but big piece of mind afterwards. You will be good for another 20 years afterwards!

Doug
                  The Doghouse
                  Prince George BC

Comment

Hello 2859 owners!

Question: Does anybody have any ideas or have installed curtains/blinds on the galley/salon side windows? Bought the boat 3 years ago and it didn't come with any side curtains.

Fritzman: Thanks for setting the site up again!
                    Marc
                    2001 2859, 350 Merc MPI, "Bravo Zulu" South Haven, MI

Comment

Are the original tracks still there to hang curtains? The admiral made new ones for ours.
                      Doug
                      The Doghouse
                      Prince George BC

Comment

• BravoZulu
                        BravoZulu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No, I looked up where the tracks would be and found holes, looks like they were removed from previous owner.

Sketch, your interior mods look great!

Got the new tv mounted.........didnt look that big in the store!!!!!!
                      Doug
                      The Doghouse
                      Prince George BC

Comment

looks nice, I have not started on the inside, where due you keep the trash can?

Comment

Doug
                          The Doghouse
                          Prince George BC

Comment

I dont know where you could find original hangers for the curtains. Maybe an rv place might have something that would work for you bravo zulu.
                            Doug
                            The Doghouse
                            Prince George BC

Comment

Originally posted by BravoZulu View Post
                              Hello 2859 owners!

Question: Does anybody have any ideas or have installed curtains/blinds on the galley/salon side windows? Bought the boat 3 years ago and it didn't come with any side curtains.

Fritzman: Thanks for setting the site up again!
                              What does you boat have installed right above the windows? The top of the curtain has grommets in it that are secured with screws. The bottom side has snaps in it. Also, there are small rods sewn into the bottom of them for weight. Fairly simple set up that most anyone that can run a sewing machine can make for you. If your boat doesnt have a valence around the top of the window, those can also be easily make from some 1/4" plywood or equivelent material, then wrapped with fabric. I'll try to take some pics - but the set up should be the same style as what is in your bathroom, just with different fabrics
                              97 2859

Comment

Working...
                              X