No announcement yet.

New Owners listing 2859 289 and 2859 +

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 weeks on the boat. Out of kitimat bc. The wife caught her first chinook salmon ever and it was a hair over 30pds. Tyee. I'm still waiting to catch one that big. On the other hand the halibut were great. This is my biggest one. The weather and water were fantastic.
    Doug
    1995 2859 -extensively rebuilt/restored 2016/17
    496 big block - Bravo ll leg
    The Doghouse
    Prince George BC

Comment

• builderdude
      builderdude commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice catch, need to get myself back up there, love BC

Heading back out for another 2 week trip in August for the Coho run. Need to wax the bottom of the boat and make a few tweaks here and there. Ready for another run!
    Doug
    1995 2859 -extensively rebuilt/restored 2016/17
    496 big block - Bravo ll leg
    The Doghouse
    Prince George BC

Comment

Hello fellow Bayliner folks. We are finding our 2000 2859 to be a very nice boat. Got a question for this owners group. How the heck do you open up these round light fixtures to change out a burned out bulb? Tried the obvious w/o results.
      Mike in Mulwaukie, OR

Comment

Pry the white lens carefully with a small flat screwdriver.
        Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
        Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
        93 3058 sold
        92 2855 (day boat)
        91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
        Longbranch WA
        Life is Good

Comment

Small screwdriver in the little dimple thingy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	84785A2D-87CC-4DA1-8A16-AAB041BB0BF4.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	443671
          Esteban
          B-ham!
          Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Hey 2859'ers. I thought Id bump this thread up with a little trip report. I just got back from a 5 day trip out on Prince William Sound with my 13 yo son. http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/16700.shtml
            We finally got all of the leaks found and fixed on the new transom. It turns out the idiots thought using screws 1/2 inch too long to mount the trim tabs without sealing them would be ok. We covered alot of water this trip. We went out about 75 miles to try halibut fishing but the weather got snotty pretty quick and we had no luck. We decided to duck around the S. tip of Knight Island and realized we had run smack into Coho heaven. We trolled for a few hours and landed a small King 4 pinks and 4 Silvers. We lost a few Silvers as well. We hooked up doubles and landed them both amazingly. We did ok shrimping this trip but lost a pot hung up. All together we burned about 130 gal of fuel. I sure do love that new diesel. Theres no way a 454 would have allowed us to cover the distances we did.
            "REEL WILD"
            2001 2859 FNM 300 Diesel-Bravo 2
            Anchorage, Alaska
            If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes.......

Comment

Transom Door Latch - anyone else irritated as heck with the stock latch - mine vibrates all the time, and about half the time it unlatches itself. Are there any magnetic or spring loaded latches available?

EDIT: Found one on Amazon - ordered the small (2-58") first, determined it was too small, now am waiting on the larger 3" version.
              Should work well to eliminate that rattle and random door opening.

​​​​​​https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
              Last edited by JThiessen; 08-28-2018, 06:41 PM.
              97 2859

Comment

On to another topic. Craigslist impulse buy of the month had me down at the boat trying to figure out how to mount a 35# CQR anchor on the boat. Couple issues with these anchors - they have a really long shaft on them, and if you have a built in winch, they basically dont fit. My existing anchor roller is about 16" long (AFT end to the roller center line). The 35# needs at least 24", and to ensure it actually works with my winch, probably more like 30". Breif shopping online shows that really only one brand out there - Kingston makes something that looks appropriate, and its going to set me back about 400. I'll probably have to reinforce below the mounting holes to handle that extra overhang, and additional weight. And finally, looking at an extra foot sticking out the front of the boat.
                Might have to just sell the CQR and pick up a claw instead - they tend to be much shorter.

Edit: i bought a new Mantus 25 lb anchor (same style as the bruce).
                Last edited by JThiessen; 09-19-2018, 05:52 PM.
                97 2859

Comment

If you want a larger weight anchor of a covenient size, I recommend Bruce (genuine) 33#. That's what I have. Fits on a reasonable roller, and works great with my windlass (Lewmar horizontal installed on reinforced locker hatch).
                  Alex
                  1997 2859, 7.4 MPI, Bravo II
                  1993 2452, 5.7 Bravo II - SOLD

Comment

What's up everybody!? New to the site and new to the boating world. So I picked up my first boat this year (93 bayliner 2859 7.4 Bravo ll). As most of you know it's set up for colder weather and that air conditioning wasn't offered on. Being from New Jersey where a 90 degree+ day with 80% humidity is not a rarity for summer. My plan from the beginning was to put a central air unit with reverse cycle heat pump in it. I put a portable stand up unit in it to get me through the rest of this season, however I'm about fed up playing around with this thing. What a P.I.A!! Our season is over here in November which will be here before we know it. And I would like to get this project finished or close to before shrink wrapping it for the winter. Between myself (auto tech of 15yrs) and my buddies (plumbers, HVAC, and mechanics) I am certain we are more then capable of handling this up fit. What I am asking for is any tips, advice, or pictures of other peoples installs. I want to do this once, right, and clean. Hope to get some good feedback on this. Thanks

Comment

Hi J-T that sliding latch is what is on my boat and works great. Welcome to Bhickman good luck with your project.
                      Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
                      96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Working...
                      X