New Owners listing 2859 289 and 2859 +

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Owners listing 2859 289 and 2859 +

Since the old listing went kaput !!! It is time to start new what have you done with the vessel changes, repairs, add on and what makes you happy. As for this old boater I am allowed in to My shop till Monday, my new drive will be on by then I hope as some of you know the S. & W. has been on a re build adventure and one phase is coming to completion, with 5 plus to go down the stream. So lets have some story's comments opinions---.
    Last edited by ksanders; 12-14-2017, 03:31 AM.
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

I'm a new 2859 owner. Can't wait 'til spring.

Don't know where my signature went.

Well, now it's there again.
    1994 2859 in Tacoma, WA
    7.4 Mercruiser
    Still learning about other systems
    and specs.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and this posting, just ask and us old timers will pass on what we have learned. have a great Turkey day.

Comment

Thanks for starting a new thread fritzman. Real bummer all that time and work put in posting pics and typing threads to have it all disappear.
        Doug
        1995 2859 -extensively rebuilt/restored 2016/17
        496 big block - Bravo ll leg
        The Doghouse
        Prince George BC

Comment

Now I have something to be thankful for! A new 2859 thread! Thanks Fritz. It is a shame to lose the pages and pages of info we had all compiled on the previous server.
          "REEL WILD"
          2001 2859 FNM 300 Diesel-Bravo 2
          Anchorage, Alaska
          If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes.......

Comment

I am the owner of the 2859 with the stowaway rat from the boat yard. There are a lot of places to hide in the bilge area of a 2859. I now have 12 snap traps and 8 glue boards. A couple of misses and some hair left on one of the glue board. I hope I catch it in the next couple of days before it starts eating wires.
            sigpicDave Stancil
            Bayliner #1 in slip
            1993 2859 Classic
            10 ' dingy w/4HP 2012 DS4 Suzuki
            Bayliner #2 in garage
            2000 19.5 Capri Classic on trailer

Comment

Well it is Thanksgiving so all have a happy one and thanks for answering, Sketch and aknurse the good thing is I have the pictures on the comp. and some memory left, so we will reconstruct. As for the Rat mark a map of trap locations as you know when tracing plumbing or wires we trend to reach in to hidden pockets that would be a bummer. Fritz

Comment

Great idea, thanks.
                sigpicDave Stancil
                Bayliner #1 in slip
                1993 2859 Classic
                10 ' dingy w/4HP 2012 DS4 Suzuki
                Bayliner #2 in garage
                2000 19.5 Capri Classic on trailer

Comment

Hello ,a new owner of 2001 2859 this year. Maiden voyage was across lake Michigan by myself in early May, probalbly not my brightest idea but all went well. Just starting to do some wiinter projects, will be getting bottom painted, upgrade some electronics would like to add a kicker but don"t know if finaces will get it done this year. You guys with the kickers can you tell me if I put a 15hp honda power thrust will I be abel to troll around 2-3 mph at about half throttle. Thanks already looking forward to next season.
                  Dave

Comment

Doug I agree a lot of info lost.
                    1994 2859, volvo kad 42 230hp Dawson CK. BC

Comment

Originally posted by Hd288 View Post
                      Hello ,a new owner of 2001 2859 this year. Maiden voyage was across lake Michigan by myself in early May, probalbly not my brightest idea but all went well. Just starting to do some wiinter projects, will be getting bottom painted, upgrade some electronics would like to add a kicker but don"t know if finaces will get it done this year. You guys with the kickers can you tell me if I put a 15hp honda power thrust will I be abel to troll around 2-3 mph at about half throttle. Thanks already looking forward to next season.
                      Dave
                      15 will be be more than enough for the 2859. I run a 9.9 Honda and it does fine until the wind picks up - has a hard time turning the boat in anything over about 10mph wind. It might do better if it were a long shaft....
                      97 2859

Comment

It was a trying week but the New Bravo III X is installed, so now need to hang on till spring to see it work.

Comment

• builderdude
                          builderdude commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What, no pics? Waiting to hear how your shake down goes, gonna be cool.

Dave it is cold in the shed, will get pictures later and currently working on the daily driver, so just one more project. Went down and visited SceeterIII, he is hanging in there.

Comment

Hi all as I am thinking of lost postings, I will go to my pile and re create some older project that may help some of the new members, any thoughts?

Comment

I got one - I have to remove the upper shelf once again due to some idiot with a new pair of side cutters and mistakenly cutting the radar ethernet cable. (yes, that idiot shall remain nameless....)
                            Anyway, I recall with much dread the PIA the scews in the outer corners were. Wondering if anyone came up with a better method of attaching the shelf? Mine has little brass angles in it - thinking if nothing else, I've got some larger aluminum angle sitting around that I might try to use.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by JThiessen; 12-10-2017, 11:15 AM.
                            97 2859

Comment

Working...
                            X