X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jongleur
    replied
    Can you disassemble the one you have, to see?
    If you find out, let us know. I'd be interested to
    try it also.

Leave a comment:

• randygh
    replied
    Sorry this is off subject, but can't figure out how to start a new thread.

Does anyone have an idea as to the thickness of the fiberglass hardtop on a '98 2859 Bayliner? One of my winter projects is to install wipers on the middle and portside windshields. I need to know the thickness of the top to purchase wiper motors with the correct length shafts. The shafts, excluding the top where the pantograph arm attaches, come in 1", 2" and 3" lengths. Any help is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• fritzman
    replied
    If you set the nut in to Epoxy - put anti- size on to the threads, so the next time you need to pull the screws, it will be simple.

Leave a comment:

• PickleRick
    replied
    I guess I can try to locate the nuts and make a small cut in the headliner, maybe use some sort of vinyl material to patch it back with epoxy.

Leave a comment:

• Seahawks II
    commented on 's reply
    Those are through bolted. So put a socket on the nut which is probably covered by liner and put someone on the the top side to hold the bolt from turning.

• Senorjeem
    replied
    Yeah, well way up in there is where you would find the nuts, prob 3/8". Worst case scenario would have you removing the entire eyebrow in order to get at them.
    I had mine out because the wood was rotten and required replacement

Leave a comment:

• PickleRick
    replied
    That ive had off to run wires to the new spot light. What I need to replace is the foot of the stainless steel railing. . mounted on top

Leave a comment:

• Senorjeem
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_19186.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	603888
    Originally posted by PickleRick View Post
    The foot of the rail, next to my son's left foot. There is no wood under the hard top to remove. The screws must be thru bolted. When I hit them with the impact driver they just spun
    I call that piece the "eyebrow" mine was rotten, that is the wood under the overhanging roof piece. I had to remove about 20 screws holding the rain edge on, and then unbolt from inside the helm area above the windshield . When you follow the helm area roof liner to the windshield inside, there are screws holding the 3 or 4 inch vertical piece on. Those screws are hidden in the folds in the vinyl. If you can remove that vertical piece, you may be able to get a wrench on the nut. It won't be easy though.
    Last edited by Senorjeem; 10-30-2020, 08:42 PM. Reason: Added picture

Leave a comment:

• JThiessen
    replied
    Ah - I was thinking you were on the inside. I ran into a similar issue when I changed out the anchor light for a radar. I can’t tell you the correct process to get at them - I ended up cutting a slit in the fabric and liner and putting a wrench on it - ended up covering it with a backing plate for the new radar mast.

Leave a comment:

• PickleRick
    replied
    The foot of the rail, next to my son's left foot. There is no wood under the hard top to remove. The screws must be thru bolted. When I hit them with the impact driver they just spun

Leave a comment:

• JThiessen
    replied
    Rick - it’s a two piece panel that is screwed into 2x2 wood. Just find the screws and remove.

Leave a comment:

• PickleRick
    replied
    I dont have shelves in the helm area. The part I need to replace is at the front part of the hard top forward of the spot light. This is the end fitting. Directly below it is the overhang that shades the windshield.

Leave a comment:

• JThiessen
    replied
    Originally posted by PickleRick View Post
    We have rails on the hard tops of the 2859. One of my sanctions has been damaged forward of the windshield some time before I took ownership. Id like to replace it. I have the replacment in hand but these are held on with thru bolts with nuts on them. There is a head liner material between the windshield and the outer edge of the hard top towads the bow.

and secrets to accessing these 2 nuts without jacking my engine headliner?
    Does yours have a shelf? I posted pics of the removal of mine - but I believe that was in the old forum. Screws are almost always in the material folds

Leave a comment:

• PickleRick
    replied
    We have rails on the hard tops of the 2859. One of my sanctions has been damaged forward of the windshield some time before I took ownership. Id like to replace it. I have the replacment in hand but these are held on with thru bolts with nuts on them. There is a head liner material between the windshield and the outer edge of the hard top towads the bow.

and secrets to accessing these 2 nuts without jacking my engine headliner?

Leave a comment:

• PickleRick
    replied
    I really like your thought process

Leave a comment:

Working...
X