• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a mystery.
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

I still think it was the bow eye, it was so loose I could wiggle it. Not only does it sit directly below the anchor locker drain but any wake the bow takes it would submerge. My bow eye isn't located in the anchor locker like I see many others, its located in the forward v berth compartment.

I'll know for sure when i launch Friday. With daytime temps in the 60s I doubt there will be many wake board boats but if Clemson plays at home Saturday there will probably be plenty of boat traffic . I've used a garden hose on the bow and she tested leak on the trailer. I used life calk on the u bolt and 4200 on the outside mounting plate.

With even one adult on the front deck or v berth she sits nose down. With both of us sleeping in the v berth at anchor even a decent size bow rider puts out enough wake to swamp the eye. On Saturdays and Sundays we don't usually get out of bed until near lunch time and by then we've had plenty of wake from boat traffic.

Comment

I would seal from the inside as a 2nd seal plus the backing plate, Just wondering, did the P/O get it changed?

Comment

I don't see a patch job for a higher mounted one but maybe the PO had a good gelcoat guy.

24 plus hrs in the water and she's still dry. No rain in the forecast but I think she's solved.

On another note something rolled around and hit my wash down pump switch while trailering to the lake. Burnt my pump. I just ordered a diapham one with auto cut off but wont use til next season.

took my uncle for his first fishing trip in over a decade. He has done well both bottom fishing and trolling. Here are a couple keepers Click image for larger version

Name:	20201003_120809_HDR.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	3.59 MB
ID:	601616

Comment

Never a boring moment with a boat, good fishing, I think the 2859 is one great fishing platform.

Comment

The fishing was terrific. I think I spent an hour cleaning fish before I put her back on the trailer. It was a sad feeling loading the boat for the last time this year.

This boat is phenomenal for fishing off the stern. I've got to find a way to convince the admiral to let me trailer this to the keys.

Another pic of a cat my uncle reeled in.
              Attached Files

Comment

How many miles? I trailer from GF Mt.to Prince Rupert in BC 1550 one way, I park truck and trailer there and run the the 100+ MIL. to Ketchikan Ak. it is a 3 day trip.

Comment

About 1600 mile round trip. Once we hit 95 south its all flat towing. 9.5 beam across 3 different states may violate some wide load laws.

but once down there she would be much more fun to snorkel and fish from than any sub 25 foot cc

Comment

I have been towing my boat since 93, !st trip I went leagal but since then fingers crossed.

Comment

We mostly tow between Friday morning and early Sunday morning. I rarely see dot cops on our trip.

if we towed id leave a day earlier and come back a day later giving 2 full days to drive rather than the usual 16 to 18 hrs.

Id over night in a walmart parking lot, truck stop or rest area. A roll around aircondioner and my portable generator would make for comforable sleeping on the boat for the night.

my trailer is a 2018 aluminium tri axle with electric over over hydraulic surge brakes on the front 2 axles. Its very road worthy.

My only worry would be getting involved in an accident only to have my insurance company throw me under the bus.

I'm going to work on getting to admiral to ok an extra 2 days in the vehicle for this trip. I dont like renting boats when I have a boat at home.

Comment

I think you have a plan, go for it and enjoy.

Comment

I finished the winterizing of boat today. A very sad day. Was a great first season with the boat. Looking forward to launching again in late April/early May.

im planning some upgrades and cleaning this winter along with some service that may haven't been done recently. Figured I'd share a few pics of the boat in action this past summer.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Oh, man! Thanks for the pix. This is our first
                            missed boating season in 7 years. I only hope
                            the border opens for next season so I can go
                            up to my 2859. I'll really need a vacation by
                            then. What a great boat.
                            1994 2859 in Tacoma, WA
                            7.4 Mercruiser
                            Still learning about other systems
                            and specs.

Comment

• PickleRick
                              PickleRick commented
                              Editing a comment
                              We were fortunate. Our state closed all public beaches, parks and ramps. Many private ramps and marinas closed. The lake i go to is controlled by the army Corps of engineers so it's all federal thus the state could not close the access ramps. While I didn't launch until May (took ownership of the 2859 in mid june) I didn't miss any weekends all spring/summer/fall).

I hope by spring all the covid and civil unrest is gone so life can go back to normal. This has been a year to forget for many.

Its finally cool enough to start on the bleaching of the headliner aka monkey fur. I simply used bathroom cleaner with bleach. Multiple treatments of spraying and waiting on it to dry. So far the cheap family dollar brand works better than just 50/50 bleach and water.

before this pic i had a stained black ring around the forward window frame all the way down to the shelf and all down the shelf to the forward bulk head. The PO let it sit nose down on the trialer with leaky windows and it looked so awful it was embarrassing. The water poured in each rain. Ive let it dry out for months once I sealed the windows and this is what im working with now.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PickleRick View Post
                              Its finally cool enough to start on the bleaching of the headliner aka monkey fur. I simply used bathroom cleaner with bleach. Multiple treatments of spraying and waiting on it to dry. So far the cheap family dollar brand works better than just 50/50 bleach and water.
                              I've never tried that. I always spray and scrub and
                              it doesn't work very well. Does the bleach break
                              down the fabric? I'm guessing not. I'll have to try
                              it next time. Scrubbing doesn't do the monkey fur
                              any favors.
                              1994 2859 in Tacoma, WA
                              7.4 Mercruiser
                              Still learning about other systems
                              and specs.

Comment

Working...
                              X