Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lay some fresh paper towel's under the Eng. to spot the source of the leak, just a suggestion.
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Originally posted by kea View Post
      Ahoy from New Zealand. I'm the proud owner of a 2006 2859 EC, Bravo II, 350 MAG MPI. I've replaced all the saloon halogen light bulbs with expensive 1.5 Watt LED's but find they don't last long and tend to expire in banks of 2-3. They're wired in parralell so I've discounted power surges - possibly incorrectly? Any ideas from the Northern Hemisphere? Best, Kea.
      Sorry, this has been listed as a reply, but I can't find how to start a new thread.

​​​​​
      How long is not long? I've also replaced my incandescent
      bulbs and the LEDs have not had any problems. Yes, though,
      they are expensive. I like the lowered draw on my batteries.
      1994 2859 in Tacoma, WA
      7.4 Mercruiser
      Still learning about other systems
      and specs.

Comment

New owner of a 2001 2859. Bravo 2 and. 4.2 vm diesel. Any other active vm diesel owners out there?

Comment

Welcome PickleRick,to this section of the forum, enjoy your 2859.

Comment

The family is loving the 2859. A very roomy stable boat, great for weekening. Im sure we will get some thunderstorm on the hook action this weekend.

I still have some ??? For another 220 hp diesel owner on perfomance, prop size and bravo 2 gearing.

Im trying to get a 9k btu ac ordered for this today.

Comment

My 23 yr old fridge is finally going out. Has anyone ever looked into upsizing the refrigerator in the 2859? it appears that there is about 4-6” of unused space below the unit - won’t know what’s under there until I pull it out.
              97 2859

Comment

My bilge pump discharge lines from under the floor run under the fridge as well as the ac duct to the aft cabin. I think there is also some wiring run under there. All that could be relocated.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzman View Post
                  Welcome PickleRick,to this section of the forum, enjoy your 2859.
                  Thanks fritz, did you ever get your 6.5 swap running on plane?

Comment

Originally posted by PickleRick View Post
                    My bilge pump discharge lines from under the floor run under the fridge as well as the ac duct to the aft cabin. I think there is also some wiring run under there. All that could be relocated.
                    No AC for me, so maybe just the bilge and electrical
                    97 2859

Comment

Originally posted by JThiessen View Post

No AC for me, so maybe just the bilge and electrical
                      Does the floor come up in front of your table? If so that's where the hoses on my 2001 are run.

they run along the little removable step to under the fridge. I don't use my fridge but it does a good job holding the booze.

Comment

Originally posted by PickleRick View Post

Does the floor come up in front of your table? If so that's where the hoses on my 2001 are run.

they run along the little removable step to under the fridge. I don't use my fridge but it does a good job holding the booze.
                        I’m up in AK on a fishing trip right now, and yesterday got back to hotel and checked my calls. First one was from my dock neighbor asking me why my beer was warm! (We share beer)
                        97 2859

Comment

Originally posted by JThiessen View Post
                          My 23 yr old fridge is finally going out. Has anyone ever looked into upsizing the refrigerator in the 2859? it appears that there is about 4-6” of unused space below the unit - won’t know what’s under there until I pull it out.
                          I had to replace my fridge in a hurry 3 years ago right before going on a 2 weeks trip to Desolation sound. I have put in a 115 volt only, much larger fridge and hooked it up to inverter. Three years later still running excellent 24/7 as we never switch it off, and looks great. That was the change that got the most appreciation from my wife,
                          Alex
                          1997 2859, 7.4 MPI, Bravo II
                          1993 2452, 5.7 Bravo II - SOLD

Comment

Hi PickleRick, The answer is NO, have been out of commission with a bad hip, now replaced and learning to walk, the 2859 is still in dry dock was scheduled to have the drive pulled to change my gears to a 181 ratio, but I called and the service manager spaced the job, so maybe on Mon. normally this would bee self help but not jet up to wrestling a drive, I will keep all of you posted when I hit water, hope is the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by fishaman View Post

I had to replace my fridge in a hurry 3 years ago right before going on a 2 weeks trip to Desolation sound. I have put in a 115 volt only, much larger fridge and hooked it up to inverter. Three years later still running excellent 24/7 as we never switch it off, and looks great. That was the change that got the most appreciation from my wife,
                              Do you have the make and model of the replacement fridge?
                              Where did you cut out for the install?
                              1994 2859 in Tacoma, WA
                              7.4 Mercruiser
                              Still learning about other systems
                              and specs.

Comment

If I remember correctly, the only change to the fridge was adding an aluminum angles to the top and bottom with some sheet metal screws. These are not a load-bearing tie points, just to hold it in place.
                                I also had to slightly increase the rough opening to the sides, maybe 1/2 inch, and more in the vertical dimension. And I have screwed in the lumber supports to the bulkheads on the sides to provide firm support at the bottom. I will be at the boat today and will try to take some photos.
                                Alex
                                1997 2859, 7.4 MPI, Bravo II
                                1993 2452, 5.7 Bravo II - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X