• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you
    1992 2452
    5.0 alpha1 gen2

Comment

On my 2452 port deck storage locker near the stern end is a plastic hatch that leads to a small compartment. Have had this boat for 10 plus years and have no idea what bayliner intended to put there. Does anyone have something mounted in theirs? Nice place for smuggling.

Comment

Sounds like where the shower rigging is in my 2452 2002 model. Starboard quarter right by the door on the stbd side.

Comment

Thanks Matlow, sorry for being a bit late on that. Seems like a good place to relocate the deck wash pump. On a different subject, was thinking about installing my fresh water cabin and cockpit heater while I am installing new fuel tank. But all the valves I find are manual. Does anyone have an electric valve installed? Seems awkward to have to open the engine hatch to turn heater water on and off with manual valve. I guess one could just let water circulate through core and just not turn fans on.

Comment

Originally posted by BPJum View Post
            Thanks Matlow, sorry for being a bit late on that. Seems like a good place to relocate the deck wash pump. On a different subject, was thinking about installing my fresh water cabin and cockpit heater while I am installing new fuel tank. But all the valves I find are manual. Does anyone have an electric valve installed? Seems awkward to have to open the engine hatch to turn heater water on and off with manual valve. I guess one could just let water circulate through core and just not turn fans on.
            Exactly how the OEM installation will be.
            Dave
            Edmonds, WA
            "THE FIX"
            '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
            (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
            The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
            Misc. projects thread
            https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

• Fishtank
              Fishtank commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, no need for a valve.

Roger that ! Thanks guys.

Comment

Can anyone get me a picture of the head water pickup on the port under side by the transom from a 1990s 2452?

Comment

Kaczman, did you ever get your picture? Mine is right under the step into the cabin. Port side, not far from center line. It is Brass. 1993 2452.

Comment

Kaczman, did you ever get your picture? Mine is right under the step into the cabin. Port side, not far from center line. It is Brass. 1993 2452.
                  Yep, that's where mine was too. Actually had two of the thru-hulls in that spot - one for the head and the other for the AC water flow. (2003 2452 model)
                  1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - for sale - Dredge Harbor, NJ
                  Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
                  WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
                  James H. Stradling

Comment

Can I get some pix posted of where your city water inlet is located. I'm thinking about the back starboard corner
                    1992 2452
                    5.0 alpha1 gen2

Comment

My 1993 does not have a fresh water connection. Only a potable water fill port for the tank. It is located on the port side gunwale abeam the copilot seat. Forward of the pump-out port. Not sure the system would take a pressure water connection.

Comment

My 1993 does not have a fresh water connection. Only a potable water fill port for the tank. It is located on the port side gunwale abeam the copilot seat. Forward of the pump-out port. Not sure the system would take a pressure water connection.
                        It should as the on board potable water pump likely produces near the same psi or even better.
                        Dave
                        Edmonds, WA
                        "THE FIX"
                        '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
                        (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
                        The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
                        Misc. projects thread
                        https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

I'm adding a pump and hot water as I go. I will need to change out the hand pump on the sink add a 2 valve faucet hot/cold. Might add a transom shower as well.
                          The only pix I can find sorta looks like the stock water hook up is low on the rear port side. I was kinda thinking about below where I'm going to mount the shore power plug. Just below the port side rear window?
                          How close can you have shore power and water hook ups to each other?
                          1992 2452
                          5.0 alpha1 gen2

Comment

It doesn't. Only hand pump at sink. My only wonder is that if boat was equipped with 12v pump for galley was the plumbing different. RV's in the old days where. Now they all have hookup.

Comment

And on the subject of Fresh water hookup. On my manual pumper , the sink discharge just goes overboard thru a above water line port. Now days most marinas frown on that type of discharge. Do the newer 2452's discharge gray water into the holding tank ? or are they overboard as well ?

Comment

Working...
                              X