• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Aboard
    1992 2452
    5.0 alpha1 gen2

Comment

Fresh water heater.

Picked up a Heater Craft exchanger kit. In looking at a 1996 parts manual for factory heater install , they show all the parts and connections, but don't really show where the exchanger was mounted. Ours is a 93 but they are the same pretty much in layout. I was considering the cargo hold under the dinning table bench against the helm. Then one duct could go into cabin the other into cockpit. But that is a 12 plut foot run of supply and return water hose.

Anyone have a factory install? Where was it located ?

Cheers. And as always appreciate the help.

Comment

Mine is located under the steps
        1992 2452
        5.0 alpha1 gen2

Comment

Originally posted by BPJum View Post
          Fresh water heater.

Picked up a Heater Craft exchanger kit. In looking at a 1996 parts manual for factory heater install , they show all the parts and connections, but don't really show where the exchanger was mounted. Ours is a 93 but they are the same pretty much in layout. I was considering the cargo hold under the dinning table bench against the helm. Then one duct could go into cabin the other into cockpit. But that is a 12 plut foot run of supply and return water hose.

Anyone have a factory install? Where was it located ?

Cheers. And as always appreciate the help.
          This is a cabin heater? If so your 12 foot+ heater hose run won’t be an issue. Ive run a 30’ loop for my cabin heater & water heater with no issues.
          Dave
          Edmonds, WA
          "THE FIX"
          '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
          (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
          The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
          Misc. projects thread
          https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

I thought it was cabin heat. My hose length might be 15 ft total. The heater core and fan are mounted under the bottom cabin step. The step is hinged so you can get to the fan and the hot water valve
            1992 2452
            5.0 alpha1 gen2

Comment

Hi Folks,

I posted this in the technical section. Can I try it here as well?

The potable water pump seems to have given up the ghost. Got voltage on the switch and the switch works as it should but there is no pumping and no glow from the switch when turned on.

I need to get to the pump (and its wiring) but it is virtually inaccessible even to my moderate frame. Unless I risk getting stuck by lying upside down on the starboard below deck I really don't see how to get at the pump and its wiring.

I was wondering if anyone has any magic? Do I need to hire a small child to crawl below the deck hatch?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n549594[/ATTACH]

Thanks in advance.

Terry
              Terry (Retired Diving Instructor and Part Time IT Consultant)
              1998 Bayliner 2452. 5.7l V8 - Edelbrock 1409 4bbl - Alpha1Gen2 - Solent UK.
              MMSI 235061726

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. In my bottom step, the seacock valve for toilet is mounted there. But it sounds like running the hose that distance won't be an issue. Just want to make sure if there is ever a leak in the future I can get to it. Getting ready to replace the deck after new tank, and everything is real easy to get to and plumb right now.

As always, safe cruising.

Comment

Terry I feel for you. You said the switch works. I assume you mean the power comes in and when you activate the switch the feed wire to pump is also hot. Light in switch could just be burned out. But if output side of switch is not hot when active, then your problem could be a much easier fix by replacing the switch.

Comment

BP
                    are you going to put the deck back permanently?
                    I am trying to figure out how to put it back so it's removable. For exactly the reason Terry's facing.
                    I hate the idea of having the black and fresh water tanks. A water pump and a macerate pump where it's a huge pain in the ass to get to them.
                    1992 2452
                    5.0 alpha1 gen2

Comment

Working...
                    X