2452 Owners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2452 Owners

Since we apparently lost our owners forum, I thought I'd start another one specific to the 2452 and related cruisers...
    Doug ;}
    MMSI: 338068776
    "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Great, not a 2452 but a big hooray to your effort.
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Sooo, you're saying that we lost all of them!!?? Is there a "group" setting somewhere or do we just start a never ending thread like the "old 2452"?
      1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - just a rockin' an'a rollin'
      Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
      WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
      James H. Stradling

Comment

Doug, this came to you at 3am? Lol. I’ll be glad to be part of the 2452 group. K
        Kevin & Robyn
        Koppers Kove
        MMSI 338206107
        2001 Bayliner 2452
        5.7 B2 PT BRA3 17p

Comment

That was quite a bit of very useful information. This is a disappointing turn of events...
          So, this is going to be the thread?
          1995 2452
          5/7L
          Bravo 2

Comment

I wanted to be the first to post a picture.
            1992 Ciera Classic 2452, 5.0 L, 2 bbl, Alpha One Gen II, "Tiwahe"
            Sittin' in sunshine, Tampa Bay, Florida, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Liquidarthur View Post
              I wanted to be the first to post a picture.
              Nice picture.
              Terry (Retired Diving Instructor and Part Time IT Consultant)
              1998 Bayliner 2452. 5.7l V8 - Edelbrock 1409 4bbl - Alpha1Gen2 - Solent UK.
              MMSI 235061726

Comment

WAO 90+ pages of very valuable information just up and gone. Well great to be part of this one again. In my case i had to sign up once again all my data was lost same username but they could not locate my email so i'm a newby again.
                1994 2452 5.0L used as second boat until IRMA took our other boat. Now devoting all time and available resources to make her pristine.

Comment

Just needed to rant. All that good info gone. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I saw in the last post that someone removed the rear seat and made tackle drawers. Anyone else do this? Pics - Specs please.
                  2001 Bayliner 2452 357mag (325hp) Bravo 3 (yes 3!!!) Fishin' for Ribbon
                  1985 Steiger Craft Hunky Dory 16' original 25hp Johnson ShesGood

Comment

Thanks for re-starting this thread, Doug. I got lots of great tips from the old one! I just repowered my 2003 2452 with a MerCruiser 350 Mag MPI. That, and the 12x12 drop fin trim tabs are the best things I've done for my boat.
                    Pescatore
                    2003 Bayliner 2452
                    MerCruiser 350 Mag MPI (2017)
                    Alpha I outdrive
                    Elliott Bay Marina - Seattle

Comment

Does anybody have any experience with painting the black trim around the outside of the cabin windows? What kind of paint?

Comment

I just found out that all the 2452 good stuff is gone!!!!! That stinks. Well I'll add a picture that makes me smile while we sit here in single digit temps (Kent Island) waiting for the big Nor'easter to hit. Only three months till we are back in the water!!!
                        1998 2452 Ciera Express
                        5.7 Mercruiser
                        Kent Island, MD

Comment

Originally posted by Express411kf View Post
                          I just found out that all the 2452 good stuff is gone!!!!! That stinks. Well I'll add a picture that makes me smile while we sit here in single digit temps (Kent Island) waiting for the big Nor'easter to hit. Only three months till we are back in the water!!!
                          You need to move to the UK. The season is all year long (if you wrap up warm)
                          Terry (Retired Diving Instructor and Part Time IT Consultant)
                          1998 Bayliner 2452. 5.7l V8 - Edelbrock 1409 4bbl - Alpha1Gen2 - Solent UK.
                          MMSI 235061726

Comment

As a newer 2452 (1995) owner I am very disappointed in the loss of the old thread.
                            Let's get the ball rolling for the new thread .....
                            I want to remove the headliner from the cockpit and remove the old light fixtures and replace them with LEDs.
                            I would be happy to just coat the fiberglass with some kind of brush or roll on coating. I am not concerned with any aspect of the wiring.
                            Who's done it?

Comment

Hey, Gowdy1. I have not personally, but I did read a long thread from a member who did a complete restoration of a 2452 and he had a number of pictures of how he did just what you are talking about. He removed the headliner and painted it white. Didn't look bad from a distance in the pictures. II see if I can find that thread. 'm not sure how smooth the fiberglass is under the headliner. You may have some filling and sanding to do.
                              1998 2452 Ciera Express
                              5.7 Mercruiser
                              Kent Island, MD

Comment

Working...
                              X