Marina opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marina opinion

Hopefully we can get some opinions please. Aside from location, which is the better Marina, John Wayne in Sequim or Boat haven Port Angeles?
    Which has better amenities i.e. clean restrooms, showers, access to town, stores?
    Which has easier access to the slips? Better protected from weather?
    Which is quieter?

Thanks!
    Wayne,

Washington State, Salish Sea, Everett

1993 2859, 5.7L, Bravo 2, Seahawk II MMSI 338384974
    1988 Trophy 2160, 4.3L, VP Duoprop MMSI 338120888
    1988 1750 Bass & Ski, Force 125

I do not keep a boat in either marina but I have been to both of them.

John Wayne in sequim is a cool little marina. Nothing there, actually nothing for several miles except a fantastic little restaurant downstairs.
    The facilities were very clean from my brief looks.

The marina in Port Angles is right in down town if it's the same one I remember. Easy to walk to places to eat, etc...

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    www.transferswitch4less.com

Whats the weather like on our boat
    https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where are we right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Thanks kevin. I'm not even sure the restaurant is open. I was thinking John Wayne due to its location in conjunction with where we like to fish. I've pulled in there for fuel before and have stayed tied up down at the state park. Seems like it would be sheltered more from weather where it looks like Port Angeles is wide open.
      Wayne,

Comment

Which one would you be more likely to “swing by the boat” to do some minor work? The longer run, and getting around Pt. Wilson, are a factor, but it PT is close to home, it would be my choice.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

Nothing is so close to home that I can just stop by. We are out of Everett and what I'm trying to do is maybe Moore the boat close to the fishing. What's driving this is I'm being told by all the Marinas in the area that it's likely they will be slammed so you can't count on available moorage the day of. There is only one Marina in the area that will take reservations and that's Point Hudson. We have always either stayed at Point Hudson or PT Boat Haven. We have always gone around Pt Wilson to fish between there and Sequim. The big advantage to PT is, if the weather is crap in the strait we can still fish the Admiralty inlet area.

I'm trying to consider other options like possibly renting a slip on a month to month. It might make sense instead of the fuel expense of multiple trips back and forth. I always take the boat over, while the Admiral brings the car around.

My thoughts with regards to John Wayne is, you have Protection island to possibly fish behind if weather is bad, as well as Sequim bay. It also puts us in the middle between Point Wilson and Port Angeles.

The problem as I see it at Port Angeles Boat Haven is being right on the strait, so if weather is bad you are done.
          Wayne,

Comment

Working...
          X