Lake Union/Washington 50' slip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Union/Washington 50' slip

Anyone know of a slip covered or not for a Bayliner 4788 50'LOA in Lake Union/Washington or surrounding area?

The Seattle Marina has both I believe... +12066329427
    Ships n Giggles
    1993 Bayliner 4388
    MMSI# 367412710
    Day Island Yacht Club
    Commodore

Comment

Waypoint Marine, adjacent to the locks, has space.

Comment

Originally posted by santush View Post
        Anyone know of a slip covered or not for a Bayliner 4788 50'LOA in Lake Union/Washington or surrounding area?
        I do not know if it matters but a stock 4788 is more than 50' LOA.
        Northport NY

Comment

• Shipsngiggles
          Shipsngiggles commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a couple of them in the 50ft slips next to me and they are right at 50 feet including the swim platform. In some cases you might have to have the pulpit stick over the dock by a few inches but it's not a big deal. And if you back it in, then it really doesn't matter

• smitty477
          smitty477 commented
          Editing a comment
          Stock swim platform and pulpit put them over 50'.
          The molded hull alone is 47' 4" without either attached.
          I think they are about 3 feet over 50 if that measurement is a concern.

Originally posted by smitty477 View Post

I do not know if it matters but a stock 4788 is more than 50' LOA.
        Correction - I just checked a few original 4788 catalogs and the overall length as rigged is 54'.
        Molded hull is 47'4".
        Overall length with platform and pulpit as rigged is 54'.
        Hope this helps
        Northport NY

Comment

• Shipsngiggles
          Shipsngiggles commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess our "50ft" slips are a bit bigger than I thought...

From what I have measured, I think about the shortest I can cut mine to, absent a chainsaw, is about 51' If I end up ever selling our boathouse, which is 60', and have to make arrangements for something shorter, my plan was to hinge the pulpit rather than discard it. A bit easier, less expensive, and I still like the looks of the OEM styling. I did it on our 4388 and was happy with the results.
        Toni Froehling

Yelm, Washington
        1994 Hino powered 4788

Comment

Originally posted by smitty477 View Post

Correction - I just checked a few original 4788 catalogs and the overall length as rigged is 54'.
          Molded hull is 47'4".
          Overall length with platform and pulpit as rigged is 54'.
          Hope this helps
          I do not know if it matters where the OP is but around here they measure the boats exact length in many places and the 47 has always been way over 50'.
          It also explains the size difference between the 47 and many other boats and Bayliners that are 'labeled' close to the 47's length and then appear 'much shorter' when rafted up next to them.
          Each weekend we often rafted up to many other boats labeled 46, 45 , 44 , 48 and yet many feet shorter in comparison. (Cruisers, Sea Ray, Silverton, even some Bayliners)
          Northport NY

Comment

Working...
          X